Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked DirectX error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid9282

Power User
Downloaded
22.1 GB
Uploaded
4.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I have Got this error message while opening NFS heat, Please suggest what need to be done:

My PC is Windows 11, I5 10th gen, 8 gb ram , 4 gb 1650 NVDIA gtx, 512 ssd

Saifuddin200792

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
44.1 GB
Uploaded
22.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (3)
Member for 7 years
Reinstall DirectX 11 and VRedist (Visual c++) and then try to run the game.

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Code:
1. Update graphics card drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
2. Update DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
3. Update Visual C++ Redistributables: https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/visual-c-redistributable-runtimes-all-in-one-may-2023-x64-x86-teamos.197798/
4. Update .NET framework: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653
Reboot the computer after updating!

The game requires minimum of 8GB RAM. That means not only installed into your PC but as accessible free memory. Do you have the swap file/virtual memory enabled in your system? Enabling it should help to allow the game to launch, but crashes may still occur due to poor resource management by system itself.
Code:
https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-on-windows-11
It would be best to upgrade RAM to 16GB, even better if 32GB, since there's so much bloatware nowadays and many memory leaks too.

It is also a possibility that your RAM or GPU came with faulty memory modules or defective controllers.

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
If you read the error, its pretty much clear, you run out of Virtual Ram, I assume you have your SWAP disabled or limited and set too low (I think it's set to 4 GB). The error tells you it tries to allocate Virtual memory but it can't, and as the process runs out of VRam it crashes (4 285... out of 4 294...) Note here that Nvidia when it runs out of VRam (in your case 4GB), will use system ram, even tho it will slow it down. So if you have for example 8 GB RAM and Windows/drivers/software uses 1,5 Gb, Heat uses 6GB but then Nvidia because of wrong settings, tries to allocate more ram, boom you get a crash.

My suggestion is, to set swap to auto and/or lower the graphic settings, especially the texture ones and settings that increase ram usage. After setting swap to auto, test using the lowest settings to see if it still crashes and keep increasing till you feel is ok.

Last edited:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.6 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@sid9282 i have all the directx here installed even the old ones because i'm still playing old game ...
just type in google directX and download all the versions there and install them ...

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
255 (263)
Member for 7 years
are your nvidia graphic driver updated??

sid9282

Power User
Downloaded
22.1 GB
Uploaded
4.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
If you read the error, its pretty much clear, you run out of Virtual Ram, I assume you have your SWAP disabled or limited and set too low (I think it's set to 4 GB). The error tells you it tries to allocate Virtual memory but it can't, and as the process runs out of VRam it crashes (4 285... out of 4 294...) Note here that Nvidia when it runs out of VRam (in your case 4GB), will use system ram, even tho it will slow it down. So if you have for example 8 GB RAM and Windows/drivers/software uses 1,5 Gb, Heat uses 6GB but then Nvidia because of wrong settings, tries to allocate more ram, boom you get a crash.

My suggestion is, to set swap to auto and/or lower the graphic settings, especially the texture ones and settings that increase ram usage. After setting swap to auto, test using the lowest settings to see if it still crashes and keep increasing till you feel is ok.
should i increase swap size???? currently its set to this.
Let me know if i am doing right...

sid9282

Power User
Downloaded
22.1 GB
Uploaded
4.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
are your nvidia graphic driver updated??
yes boss it is updated

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Yes let it as system managed and so Windows will adjust it as they need. Now just to test, set the game to the lowest settings and play. If it doesn't crash, start setting it higher a couple of settings at a time, till you make it crash or fps is not comfortable to play. That way you can find what is causing the issue.

Remember to run the game through the Nvidia 1650 and not the Intel igpu (in case you forgot to check)

Hope it helped.

sid9282

Power User
Downloaded
22.1 GB
Uploaded
4.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
It helped thanks a Lot @Cyler All Good now....

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
Good you have found a solution.