Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Delete Reserved Storage Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchoolpc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
143.6 GB
Uploaded
91.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi everyone. I have a crappy tablet with 28GB space with a super slim Windows 10 OS x86 but my available free space after a fresh install is approx. 15GB. There is close to 7GB in Reserved Storage that is just sitting there. I did the .reg edit/save where i changed the ShippedWithReserves Value data to ZERO and rebooted but the storage is still being used and I tried Windows cleanup and storage options but I cant delete it. Any help will be appreciated!

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
To my knowledge, the "ShippedWithReserves" key is actually working fine, but the results will show over time as windows monitor the usage you do everyday and auto adjust the size and probably it will happen quicker once you do even a single update using windows update. Eventually, it will fall at about 3 GB or 2% of the drive, whichever is less.

To remove RS (reserved Storage) assuming you have a 2004 and above version try first issuing in an admin PowerShell

Code:
DISM /Online /Get-ReservedStorageState
This will check the current status and return if RS is enabled or disabled.

After that type
Code:
DISM /Online /Set-ReservedStorageState /State:Disabled
and it will disable RS. Depending on the speed of the disk it might take some time. You will get a success message at the end.

In any case that you wish to reenable:
Code:
DISM /Online /Set-ReservedStorageState /State:Enabled

Note that removing doesn't mean you will get the full size back, space will still be used for temp files, etc.
I hope it helped and let us know how it went.

Last edited:

OldSchoolpc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
143.6 GB
Uploaded
91.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks for the reply! I havent connected it online this whole time and after I rebooted after your instructions, I'm looking at 22.3GB free!!! Thanks!! +1 million respect! Open and shut case!

Psajko2000

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
79.9 GB
Uploaded
286.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
@Cyler very professionally answered and explained.. Nice job! ?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Glad you had a solution and enjoy the tablet.
Thread will close.

ezgif-2-8f5cf6ebe5a1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.