Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Corel Compliance Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drixer

Downloaded
12.3 GB
Uploaded
4.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
I got a mail and call from the Corel Compliance Team, regarding the unlicensed use of CorelDraw, Kindly share some solutions on how to bypass it, I have multiple systems where we use the software.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Mail is possible, but why did you give your phone number to a software you are not paying for, JUST WHY? Even if opening of software requires registration with phone number, depending on your needs you could have either went for a temp online number or bought a dummy number to discard upon usage.

What is the mail and what is purpose of the call? Did you feign ignorance?

Are you using official version without any kind of medicine? Is your license fake? Did you apply any kind of medicine?

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
@Drixer

I think that only solution for You now is to use some third party software /YourUninstaller , Revo uninstaller or similar.../, then uninstall Corel!
After that install some firewall / but NOT Windows Defender... Fort Firewall, ESET Endpoint Security, Kasperski.... /
Disconnect computer from internet!
Install Corel again and during finish of installation use option "Not connected to internet" ... provide all data to and from xforce key gen and activate Corel! While disconnected, run Corel ... It will try again to
connect to Corel site, but this time, Your firewall shall intercept that connection try, and You will have ability to forbid it for good! While Corel running, go to settings and disable "check for update"
Connect Your computer on net again and You are safe

Of course that You will not add Your address, phone number or real name and email to any of provided form because that data will be in all *.cdr files which You share around

@September222022
Probably use of trial version! That's why Corel know everything, because You need to put that data in a trial form to get link

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
@September222022
Probably use of trial version! That's why Corel know everything, because You need to put that data in a trial form to get link
I was hoping so, but still, you can always give a temp mail and number to receive link and OTP is my advice unless it is government affiliated sites where all your details are stored (Like bank and other government sectors)

Anyways, back to topic.

@Drixer

If you have given your details and downloaded the software and are using it without applying any medicine, then just say you are still unsure whether to buy it or not since you are comparing it to other software which offer more features at a lesser price.

If you have given the details and downloaded the software and have applied license using medicine, then do as fantom as said and reinstall the software while blocking outbound connection of the software (Personally, i would say use glasswire because it is one the best i have used)

If you have given the details and downloaded the software and have applied license using medicine but don't want to admit it, then feign ignorance saying that it wasn't you but know that it might lead to disconnection of software from server side (which i won't advice) if you are using cloud services this would render them useless.

If the software is something you use real time and is a source for your living expenses, then please do buy it, depending on multiple license as you have said that you use on multiple systems, they might give you bulk discount. If negotiable, you can get the most of it. But still, it is your personal preference. Don't take chances if your survivability is depend on that software.

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
365 (416)
Member for 9 years
First this request, has nothing to do with a thread here at the forum, it has to do with something you had installed in one of your system and you have done it wrong (giving your phone).
The solution is simple buy the program or find a "medicine" to unlock/bypass the registration of the program but from the moment you have given your info who knows they might call you again if you use a "medicine".
Just saying my thought................

Ravikumar

Downloaded
89.7 GB
Uploaded
71 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Hi,if you provide at the time of login with your domain email ID, then you will receive such notices.
If you have legal software, then no worries. Otherwise, they will send compliance team notifications. But remember, when you are using only one license, use only one user login and do not use other logins. It will count automatically.

Drixer

Downloaded
12.3 GB
Uploaded
4.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hi @Ravikumar @Jerry_Xristos @September222022 @fantom We have not given the details like mail id or number anywhere, as per their report, they have got static data from our pcs, due to internet connection. Really appreciate everyone's take on this. I had to purchase one license and change all my internal harddisks with new one to be sure they don't do a raid.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Buddy, You just need good firewall! That will fix all problems with Corel and any other app which goes to net to check for update or validation of registration!

In earlier post I was explain all step which You need to use for Corel /and for many others too/. But it is on You to choose which way You shall go

Stay well

Last edited:

kVertix

Downloaded
12 GB
Uploaded
779.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hi @Ravikumar @Jerry_Xristos @September222022 @fantom We have not given the details like mail id or number anywhere, as per their report, they have got static data from our pcs, due to internet connection. Really appreciate everyone's take on this. I had to purchase one license and change all my internal harddisks with new one to be sure they don't do a raid.
Certain intellectual property sells really bad so they prefer "anti-piracy" for profit. In worst cases the latter is the intended method of profiting.
Usually the application or its DRM contacts the home server and then your IP is logged. That's why there's a lot of emphasis put on "block with a firewall" or "add entries to hosts file". If there's a lot of pings from a single place then the "anti-piracy" unit of the company becomes active as the target location may be profitable via a lawsuit.
With firewalling you can prevent calls home. But it depends on how clever the DRM is as some use Windows' own components, like svchost, to call home, so you need to know how to block all that. Either you block the application, Windows components or certain IP addresses, or everything just to be sure. You should never use unlicensed software in a business though, it may backfire anytime.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Just for argument and knowledge gaining sake,

How would a company contact you via phone and mail, if you didn't give it anywhere? Did the software crawl through your windows and take the phone number and email id and sent it to the company server? Damn bro, that's literally what an hacker would do.

Or are you saying that because of active connection from your end, your IP registers in their server and the back end team, then scouts for where you live and what type of internet connection you use and who is the internet provider for you and then contact the said company and get your details and then call and mail you?

If not, i would really ask you to enlighten me as to just how your phone number and email id got to them?

Last edited:

lopescesar

Downloaded
44.4 GB
Uploaded
851.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Which Corel files should be restricted in the firewall? Which ips are blocked in the host file?

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,589.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
If not, i would really ask you to enlighten me as to just how your phone number and email id got to them?
Probably because he "Works" for "Them", and just want to scare AS :giggle:, "regular" user of Corel :rofl:
No other options, right?

(Stoggie)

Joke OFC

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.9 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Drixer i'm using the Corel version that our friend and Super Admin @Jerry_Xristos have uploaded and everything is working :)
No problem ad all when you follow the instructions how to use the meds ...

So i need to say you do NOT have download the version from here ... :(
otherwise it would not have any problems :)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I will be honest I got very interested in this because... I have been using Corel since version 2 back in 1991 (before many of you were born) both legit versions for clients and nonlegit for... err friends :p
Never have I ever heard of the Corel compliance team calling customers, but I have heard of people claiming to be from Corel and scam for money.

I started digging a bit deeper and I suspect you first got an email or a call from a company called corelindia.co.in
This company is considered a scam and all you have to do is google about it. There is an ongoing fear-and-scare tactic from that "company" and they often accuse people of using Corel products even when they don't or used to have legit licenses in the past.
For the rest of us, this is an INDIA-only company and does not affect the rest of the world that is why no one ever heard of such things.

The name is registered under the Corel Corp as of lately but didn't use to be at least back in Aug 2023 that I checked. and I suspect that Corel has no real control over them. If they were part of Corel their web address would be under the Corel site.
If you paid by credit card, cancel the order as I suspect they used a local reseller and not Corel directly. You can contact a lawyer for more info.

This sadly has nothing to do with us tho as a site and I will close this thread with a small warning.
IF and WHEN you get calls from people claiming such things as legal compliance, software legality, and such, always double and triple-check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.