Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Can I move my mirrored drives to a new system easily?

jodyberry

Downloaded
6.4 GB
Uploaded
20.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi all!

I recently asked a question about moving my SSD into a new system and got LOTS of great answers! You guys are the best.

After reading your previous suggestions, I've decided to just use the new OS that comes on my new computer (Win 10 Home). Anyway, along those same lines, I have (2) 4TB drives that I created as a single Win 10 software mirror drive on my existing system (Win 10 Pro).

My question is if I have to do anything special to get my new system to see the 2 drives as a mirror drive. (I do video editing and I try to keep all files redundant).

Originally I had to set it up in Disk Management. Would I have to do anything on my new system when I hook up the 2 drives to make them show as a mirror drive?

Thanks everyone!!

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
If it's a software RAID then there shouldn't be any issues simply moving the drives over, even if it were a hardware RAID, a mirror RAID is pretty forgiving and shouldn't break. You can break the mirror as it won't harm anything since the drives are identical data, then recreate the mirror afterwards.

Cheers

jodyberry

Downloaded
6.4 GB
Uploaded
20.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
If it's a software RAID then there shouldn't be any issues simply moving the drives over, even if it were a hardware RAID, a mirror RAID is pretty forgiving and shouldn't break. You can break the mirror as it won't harm anything since the drives are identical data, then recreate the mirror afterwards.

Cheers
Thanks!! So I can recreate the mirror without deleting any existing data?

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
Thanks!! So I can recreate the mirror without deleting any existing data?

giphy.gif

(I don't mean offense, I'm a big Supernatural fan, and the last show was filmed 2 days ago :( Alas, no more.)

Cheers :)