Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked BSOD from Gpu and/or Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I was using Windows 10 2021 LTSC and got a BSOD. The error said from 'NVLxxxx" I was not fast enough to get the full file name. I was thinking it was the OS so I installed 'Windows 10 _Pro & Enterprise 21H1 19043.1415_x64 by shameera' Everything was working find until I got the BSOD again when I reboot. Im pretty certain the culprit is either my GPU itself or drivers. Im using a 'GeForce GTX 650 Ti' with Driver version : '472.12' which is the last driver because it was discontinued. Im hoping posting this may fix my problem, with help from you all. :)
Here is a image of my Nvidia Control Panel:

PyNDt3.png

Thanks to anyone that can help :h:

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I am going to try underclocking. i dont know what else to do right now

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
First, let's see what the actual error is and not what you think it might have been. Not saying you are wrong, but without a specific error code to know whats wrong all we will do is chit-chat and a lot of back and forth.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
Get this software and run it. It will show you the exact bluescreen error from your minidump (the kernel error logs), and then screenshot it and upload it here. Make sure you are showing the error in the screenshot.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
If all else still doesnt help....

Download a version of the driver from nVidia archives that is at least 2 versions behind your current version. (using 472.12 then drop back hypothetically to 468.2)
Click option to install as NEW so it cleans out any previous installs.

Reboot and retry.

On a side note. I have the GTX970, and experienced a similar "glitch". I wound up having to remove the GPU fans and heatsinks, and re-paste the GPU since it was BONE DRY. Cleaned the heatsink and fans as well just because they were off, so why not lol.
Runs at a cool 26°C - 28°C at idle now, and rarely exceeds 50°C even under high loads (gpu)

lunchtime

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
955.4 GB
Uploaded
45.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If all else still doesnt help....

Download a version of the driver from nVidia archives that is at least 2 versions behind your current version. (using 472.12 then drop back hypothetically to 468.2)
Click option to install as NEW so it cleans out any previous installs.

Reboot and retry.

Be sure to use DDU Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode before installing the new ones too. It'll make sure everything is reset properly.

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Py4yRo.png

nvlddmkm.sys looks like nvidia imo

Last edited:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
Py4yRo.png

brother I pmed you a link that should help you...

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Hmm, I had this issue back when Windows 10 version 2004 first came out. It was the same bluescreen issue on my old nVidia GeForce GT 330m.
As it turned out, I had to wait until Microsoft released an update to fix it. I have not had this issue again since then.

Py4yRo.png

That is one of nVidia's drivers. That's one of the drivers that gave me a blue screen then. More than likely you may have to wait until MS patches the OS.

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
thnx guys... i just find it funny how nvidia stopped supporting so i thought the latest would do it. i will try roll back and then i will post

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
This has nothing to do with new drivers and Nvidia support. New drivers would not do anything either way cause anything new that Nvidia would have added is not supported by your hardware or it would make your card slower, which is why at some point new drivers stop supporting old hardware.

Your problem is not even driver-related in the sense you think. Windows pops the 0x116 cause the card appeared frozen at some point. That is why Direct X and Kernel also bugged out.

It's probably related to one of the following.
  • Over-clocked components, (and don't tell me you don't do it :p ) which may include ram/gpu/cpu
  • Incorrect component compatibility and settings (especially memory configuration and timings)
  • Insufficient system cooling
  • Insufficient system power
  • Defective parts (memory modules, motherboards, etc.)
Without telling us how it happened, my guess is it happened after a game freeze and you force restart the system (probably power button) because bug check 116 happens when windows perform what is known as Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) which gets called when a GPU is working at full load and cant respond to system calls and appears as if it's not redrawing or it crashed. Users think windows also crashed, press the power button and TDR starts.
If a TDR is successful you see the famous "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.", if not you get a 0x0116. You can google for more info.

So stop overclocking if you do and cool your PC better if you don't. Check thermal paste if it keeps happening and power supply/rams and other hardware components. The fact that this happened with 2 windows, also indicates that is more likely a hardware issue.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
This has nothing to do with new drivers and Nvidia support. New drivers would not do anything either way cause anything new that Nvidia would have added is not supported by your hardware or it would make your card slower, which is why at some point new drivers stop supporting old hardware.

Your problem is not even driver-related in the sense you think. Windows pops the 0x116 cause the card appeared frozen at some point. That is why Direct X and Kernel also bugged out.

It's probably related to one of the following.
  • Over-clocked components, (and don't tell me you don't do it :p ) which may include ram/gpu/cpu
  • Incorrect component compatibility and settings (especially memory configuration and timings)
  • Insufficient system cooling
  • Insufficient system power
  • Defective parts (memory modules, motherboards, etc.)
Without telling us how it happened, my guess is it happened after a game freeze and you force restart the system (probably power button) because bug check 116 happens when windows perform what is known as Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) which gets called when a GPU is working at full load and cant respond to system calls and appears as if it's not redrawing or it crashed. Users think windows also crashed, press the power button and TDR starts.
If a TDR is successful you see the famous "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.", if not you get a 0x0116. You can google for more info.

So stop overclocking if you do and cool your PC better if you don't. Check thermal paste if it keeps happening and power supply/rams and other hardware components. The fact that this happened with 2 windows, also indicates that is more likely a hardware issue.

Hope it helped.
thnx i will look in to this further .. i hope it isnt hardware

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)