Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Boot Issues With Usb Installer Win7/10 And Formated Hdd -compaqcq60

Status
Not open for further replies.

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Hello there !

I decided to write to the forum regarding my problem and see if i can get a solution, as i tried many options and i cant make it work... I go straight to the point...

After many years pc user, i switched to mac platform. after apple totally screwd the OSX GUI and other software issues i have experienced, etc to my opinion, i bought a secondhand laptop to do some pc tasks.
I bought a compaq presario CQ60 with win7 ultimate preinstalled.

One day i decided to install linux on partition and run backtrack. from the grub startup menu, i saw my bootable 8gb usb was recognised and later on i removed the linux partition which caused my DVD drive not to be recognised by win7. I decided to install win10 or try to do it, thinking my usb was booting ok, therefore, i could make it install win10 on my hdd - not ssd.

I formated the startup hdd, and then after installing using various ways win10 on usb, i never managed to boot from the USB even after changing bios settings etc.

Can anybody give me step by step instructions including programs i need to download and execution order, in order to make a damn usb bootable with win10 or even win7 installer and then what changes i have to make to BIOS if any so i can make the system read the usb please. I have no HDD inside the laptop right now, i put in in a usb caddy for now, but can put it back or if there is alternative to use a third party laptop and my hdd in the usb caddy and try to install from that laptop on the hdd, then use it with my laptop (not sure if the drivers needed for my laptop will be compatible though if i install from a different specs device)

I see there is also a usb2win installer for win enterprise, on TEAMOS, and dont know if i have to have enterprise iso or other version to burn on usb etc and if it is compatible.

I also attempted to format the hdd, by using a caddy and attach it to my mac and used a windows installer but did not manage to work it out also (osx high sierra 10.13.8).

Thats all for now.

Hawkeye

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
hey seitsme hope all is well :)

i would seriously consider using Rufus for all your usb drive needs here is a link for it

is it so simple to us its untrue :) this program will make your life alot easier after you have used rufus and the transfer is complete
go to bios and and change the usb to first boot and your done, any problems come back, hope iv helped.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11420 (11420)
Member for 8 years
Read this. Should help you.

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
salute to all !

i checked the links and will investigate in depth.
3 questions i did not see anywhere yet

1. assuming usb is bootable and No hdd is on the laptop, it only exists as external USB, do i still have a chance
of installing windows on the external hdd and then screw it back in the laptop or not please

2. which win 10 and win 7 utimate torrents you suggest to download from teamos for this kind of installations please.

going to read and test...
regards

Hawkeye

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
yes u can use rufus to install windows on the on any drive, pen drive a usb hard drive

make sure once done bios is set to usb drive first boot

and i would suggest any latest win7 or win10 off your choosing

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
hi Mathew, i tried my first method today, using a usb 8gb bootable with a win10 iso file, made with WinSetupFromUSB freeware and i got messages the usb does not get recognised as an external hdd
but a usb/zip drive. then ploop manager loaded from grub menu and pc crashed.

i altered also the bootable options via F9 on my compaq but same issue.

I will now try rufus and let you know.
I will see if i can boot from usb normally now...

Hawkeye

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
hey seitsme iv been doing some testing past day and iv found that using rufus u can only install the installer files for it to installed on to a different drive.

now i tried doing what u want which was no internal hard drive and just an external hard drive, and i got it use WintoUsb this will allow u to use the external hard drive once set up is transferred, restart and make sure in bios the external usb hard drive is set to first boot, and then sit back and u wont even have to touch the computer till windows is installed iv personally just tested this with win7 and win10 and it works, here is a link to WINTOUSB.

let us no how you get on :)

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
i altered also the bootable options via F9 on my compaq but same issue.

Michaella Athena

Banned
Downloaded
2.2 TB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
4 (4)
Member for 7 years
Try Full Format the Hard Drive and your USB Flash Drive, not quick Format.
Re-do burning an ISO to your USB Flash Drive using third-party tools like WinSetupFromUSB, WinToUSB, Rufus Akeio, etc.
Quick Format leaves NT6 files and other Microsoft System Reserved in the hard drive.
Also, try EasyBCD Tool and Add your Windows Image on it, with or without Flash Drive, you can boot it without going in to the BIOS.

Apache

Downloaded
154.4 GB
Uploaded
54.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
salute to all !

i checked the links and will investigate in depth.
3 questions i did not see anywhere yet

1. assuming usb is bootable and No hdd is on the laptop, it only exists as external USB, do i still have a chance
of installing windows on the external hdd and then screw it back in the laptop or not please

2. which win 10 and win 7 utimate torrents you suggest to download from teamos for this kind of installations please.

going to read and test...
regards

i didn't try that but IMHO, you can't install windows on external (USB) hdd and than screw it back.
if i were you, i would "kill" with some partitioning software all partition on your hdd (made by linux) and then try again.

koojo

Downloaded
17.2 GB
Uploaded
59.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
uhmmm... maybe you're making it harder than what it is. Issues I had in the past when trying to boot from a usb, this includes bios settings, is simply burn the iso to a dvd. Flaky windows boot MBR trying to keep me from putting a different OS on was to simply make a boot cd from an ISO like hirens boot cd or ultimate boot cd and wipe the drive and install whatever I wanted. Yes you can and it is possible to install windows on a usb, when I did it in the past it was SLOW and not worth it. "winsetup to usb" allows me to put "multiple"os's on one usb stick and hitting "F11" ,while the computer itself is booting, brings up a "boot menu" allowing you to choose whatever os or boot disc you want to load. Multiple linux distros, multiple windows versions, rescue disc, kotuwa boot disk all one one bootable usb. Rufus is good but the "winsetup to usb" allows me to have whatever os or disc I want to boot. Good luck

seitsme

Downloaded
61.4 MB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
hey team members. just got some new feedback.
1. problem was usb brand and capacity combination as was not the like of microsoft...
2. i swaped it with an old 8gb sandisk and then last option was rufus as the rest bootmakers did not work for me.
rufus default solved the problem.

i installed and boot ok using F9 on my compaq. all fine... problem started when i logged in and connected to wifi updates....
today after 8 hours i did not managed to open mozilla and surf web or even opera. very slow consuming resources on the laptop.
i disabled downloads and live protection after sometime, nothing again. it seems after i disabled it system became too unstable.

so i think i am back to 7 ultimate and i will try the usb3 version and relax after todays crashes... laptop is cq 60 too old for this operating i believe.
thanks again for all help insofar

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.6 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Hi @seitsme , i still can't figuere out why ppl are buying a Mac...
In the early times the Mac was beter because graphic card special for architects , and photographers...
But today this issue is past because, we can buy now pgaphics-cards that do just the same in resolution and details ...
And the Mac cost also alot more the a desktop/laptop.

So Tell Me please why A Mac ???
You can PM me with that answer :)

So as i read this ,
The problem is SOLVED :)
i close this now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.