Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Blue Iris v5 CCTV Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasedBob

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
I have been playing with Blue Iris v5 CCTV software, trying to learn how it's doing what it does. It's a somewhat decent alternative to buying an NVR, but they are still refining it and aren't the best programmers either. I'm still testing with it, but seems like it has potential. Someone did work on an earlier version of this program, but kind of surprised there hasn't been newer updates released with the newer version. And if anyone who runs it did find any pinholes they aren't bragging in any forums or just boomer normies I think.

Anyway, once installed you're given a trial version for 15 days. This comes with an overlay on the recorded video of a watermark as well. I traced the trial part to the registry, key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Registration]
Delete key "Data40" and done, resets the 15 days. It's some long convoluted code which I can't make any sense of, but that's the idea I'm sure. Anyway, not very secure way of enforcing a trial period.

The harder part seems to be the overlay/registration. I'm going to assume from the reset hack I found that the rest is also dependent on the registry rather than something like a downloaded update. Recently I read on the TurboTax thread about using dnSpy to check and edit .DLL files. I played with that a bit, got my copy of TT working, and seemed pretty straight forward - assuming you know what to look for. My issue is there are only 5 .DLLs in iris, and the biggest is 21.1 megs. The overlay isn't horrible but does use some CPU time to reencode the video before saving, and I suspect does cause some frame delays besides using resources.

Anyone have any advice or what to check, or where, or what to look out for? I'd really like to see if I can remove the watermark. And of course I'll post my findings here as I go along so anyone else in the future can follow along. Thanks.

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
68.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
368 (420)
Member for 9 years
I see thay you have "played" a lot with this program from what you have described, you can use the Recourse Hacker to play with the .dll files most of the times dll files are used for the registrations in a program
Good luck

BasedBob

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Recourse Hacker
Resource Hacker I think you mean. Ok, found it and installed. Started to look at .EXE first. Not that familiar with this tool, but checked some youtube vids since I got the dumb. Seems perhaps the "Dialog" section is where I may want to look? However I run to all errors "Unable to decompile resource". Not good. So not sure what to do about that. Perhaps some custom format? Not much online I can find about this kind of error. Any advice here?

I then did a search for the text "evaluation" just to see if I could perhaps find anything, but no luck there either. Checked the rest of the known files too, no luck. My idea was just to delete the text which I assume would delete the overlay, or just change to a "." or spaces, etc, and be done.

I find it kind of odd there are only like 10 files to this program under the program's folder. The folder 'www' has some files, however I'm not sure they are for anything but the internet access client. I'd also expect to see some references to the registry keys I found as mentioned above. But nothing for those as well, which brings me back to the Dialog section I can read in the .EXE file.

So, any idea why the error and best course of next action? Thanks for the guidance.

imran miah

Downloaded
16.8 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I see thay you have "played" a lot with this program from what you have described, you can use the Recourse Hacker to play with the .dll files most of the times dll files are used for the registrations in a program
Good luck

Nice softs by this posters

Jerry_Xristos

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
68.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
368 (420)
Member for 9 years
over a month now so thread is closed as completed....................

Status
Not open for further replies.