Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Adding some weight back to lite editions of Win 10 and 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I am looking for a program / solution that will add back in some features that I need or want in a Windows version, without adding all the bloat of the features I do not need.
I think most of us have downloaded a lite version of 10 or 11, and then realized we needed a component or two, that we didn't know was missing, like say, printing or volume shadow copy.
For instance, I use Macrium for a backup solution, and without Volume Shadow Copy, it simply will not run my backups inside of windows.
Yes, I could boot off of a USB and do a backup, but there are times when it is much more convenient to simply have the software working, inside of Windows, like when I do a data recovery, data backup, system image, etc.
What I am hoping, is that some brave soul here, can figure out a way to make a simplistic GUI to "treat" a working / live install of a lite edition, and simply give the user the ability to add in the components that they choose.
This way, we can keep the lite system, as lite as possible, without having to do a reinstall of the full version.
This tool could also be programmed to allow the reverse action, of being able to remove unwanted services and components, from a live system as well.

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I would say get a full Windows iso.. probably LTSC would be best.. there are so many apps nowadays you can use to remove bloatware with just a click & no great knowledge required.. get what you want to remove & perfectly working one as per your needs..

for eg.. backups are necessary but many maynot be having extra storage options harddisks, ssds in this case if a windows modifier prefers to remove that backup opt & manually do it .. it would be better opt for him..

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5 TB
Uploaded
268.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I would say get a full Windows iso.. probably LTSC would be best.. there are so many apps nowadays you can use to remove bloatware with just a click & no great knowledge required.. get what you want to remove & perfectly working one as per your needs..

for eg.. backups are necessary but many maynot be having extra storage options harddisks, ssds in this case if a windows modifier prefers to remove that backup opt & manually do it .. it would be better opt for him..
Oh, what I am looking for, is a simple way to take an existing lite build that I like, and simply add the additional components, that I really need to that lite version, that were stripped by the builder.

In other words, I could simply install another version of windows, etc, but I LIKE the lite version I am using, and simply want the ability to add the feature / component that I need, via a program... where we can simply tick off what we want, like a menu of removable components, that we can selectively reinstall into the lite OS, without losing the majority of the optimizations that the builder created.

Like, some of the gaming editions are great, small, low overhead, low memory use, but I'd like to be able to print... and the printing services are stripped... so I fire up the TeamOS customizer app, and pop in printing.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Some Windows features, once removed, cannot easily be added back.
Your best bet would be to install a complete, untouched Windows and then use apps and control panels to disable or uninstall the things you don't want.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Grab a full OS and remove what you want? Yes/No? This is silly.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11435 (11435)
Member for 8 years
This is silly. When will anyone shut it down?

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years