Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked WIOT MALWARE? is anyone here experienced wiot virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilproxy05

Downloaded
18.9 GB
Uploaded
7.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
wiot malware destroys and encrypt all files in my pc and laptop

please help us to remove this virus and to prevent this...

FYI.....

The Wiot virus is a STOP/DJVU family of ransomware-type infections. This virus encrypts your files (video, photos, documents) that can be tracked by a specific “.wiot” extension. It uses a strong encryption method, which makes it impossible to calculate the key in any way.​

Wiot uses a unique key for each victim, with one exception:​

• If Wiot cannot establish a connection to its command and control server (C&C Server) before starting the encryption process, it uses the offline key. This key is the same for all victims, making it possible to decrypt files encrypted during a ransomware attack.

• The Wiot ransomware is a kind of malware that encrypted your files and then forces you to pay to restore them. Djvu/STOP ransomwarefamily was first revealed and analyzed by virus analyst Michael Gillespie.

Wiot virus is basically similar to other representatives of DJVU ransomware like: Efdc, Lqqw, Iwan. This virus encrypt all common file types and adds its own “.wiot” extension into all files. For example, the file “1.jpg”, will be changed into “1.jpg.wiot“. As soon as the encryption is successfully accomplished, virus generates a special message file “_readme.txt” and adds it into all folders that contain the modified files.

Thanks in Advance

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
If you haven't got backups of the affected files then you are probably stuffed.

Read other posts in this forum about recovering from ransomeware. People sometimes suggest recovery methods but there are few, if any, reports of a completely succesful recovery.

Whatever anti-virus app you have, it obviously hasn't worked. Therefore, whether or not you manage to recover your files, I suggest that you reformat your HDD or SSD and do a clean installation of Windows.
Then install a reputable anti-virus app and be more careful about what you do online.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.8 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years

To remove the WIOT ransomware, follow these steps:​

• STEP 1: Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
  • STEP 2: Use Malwarebytes Free to remove the WIOT ransomware
  • STEP 3: Scan and clean your computer with HitmanPro
  • STEP 4: Double-check for the WIOT malware with Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  • STEP 5: Restore the files encrypted by the WIOT ransomware

STEP 1: Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking​

In this first step, we will start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking to prevent WIOT malicious drivers and services from loading at Windows start-up.
We’re using Safe mode because it starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers.

STEP 2: Use Malwarebytes Free to remove WIOT ransomware​

While the computer is in Safe Mode with Networking, we will download, install and run a system scan with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes Free is one of the most popular and most used anti-malware software for Windows, and for good reasons.
It is able to destroy many types of malware that other software tends to miss, without costing you absolutely nothing.
When it comes to cleaning up an infected device,
Malwarebytes has always been free and we recommend it as an essential tool in the fight against malware.

STEP 3: Scan and clean your computer with HitmanPro​

In this thrid step, while the computer is in normal back, we will download and run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the WIOT ransomware and other malicious programs.
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner that takes a unique cloud-based approach to malware scanning.
HitmanPro scans the behavior of active files and also files in locations where malware normally resides for suspicious activity.
If it finds a suspicious file that’s not already known, HitmanPro sends it to its clouds to be scanned by two of the best antivirus engines today,
which are Bitdefender and Kaspersky.

STEP 4: Double-check for malicious programs with Emsisoft Emergency Kit​

In this fourth step, we will scan the computer with Emsisoft Emergency Kit to remove any leftover files from the WIOT ransomware and other malicious programs.
While the Malwarebytes and HitmanPro scans are more than enough, we’re recommending Emsisoft Emergency Kit to users who still have malware-related issues or just want to make sure their computer is 100% clean.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a free second opinion scanner that can be used without installation to scan and clean infected computers.
Emsisoft scans the behavior of active files and also files in locations where malware normally resides for suspicious activity.

STEP 5: Restore the files encrypted by the WIOT ransomware​

Unfortunately, in most cases, it’s not possible to recover the files encrypted by the WIOT ransomware because the private key which is needed to unlock the encrypted files is only available through the cybercriminals.
However, below we’ve listed two options you can use to try and recover your files.

Make sure you remove the malware from your system first, otherwise, it will repeatedly lock your system or encrypt files.

Option 1: Use Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu to restore the files​

If your files were encrypted with an offline key there is a chance you can recover them by using Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu decryption tool.
Follow the below guide to recover your files using the Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu.

Option 2: Search for a WIOT ransomware decryption tool​

The cybersecurity community is constantly working to create ransomware decryption tools, so you can try to search these sites for updates:
  • ****://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.***/
  • ****://decrypter.emsisoft.***/
  • ****://noransom.kaspersky.***/
  • ****://***.avast.com/ransomware-decryption-tools
Here the links are a bit masked from me because we don't post outside links :)
so in the begin with the 4 stars you type http and ad the end you type com

Your computer should now be free of the WIOT ransomware infection.
If your current antivirus allowed this malicious program on your computer, you may want to consider purchasing the full-featured version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.
If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow one of the steps:
  • Run a system scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free

@Lilproxy05 most programs we have here so you need to use the search above :)
and for the one we do not have you need to use google .

Last edited:

Lilproxy05

Downloaded
18.9 GB
Uploaded
7.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
If you haven't got backups of the affected files then you are probably stuffed.

Read other posts in this forum about recovering from ransomeware. People sometimes suggest recovery methods but there are few, if any, reports of a completely succesful recovery.

Whatever anti-virus app you have, it obviously hasn't worked. Therefore, whether or not you manage to recover your files, I suggest that you reformat your HDD or SSD and do a clean installation of Windows.
Then install a reputable anti-virus app and be more careful about what you do online.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
I already reformat my stuff my 2 desktops got infected and my 3 external drives.

fortunately, my laptop has strong malware protection it didn't get infected

I felt my stuff got infected by corona :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Lilproxy05

Downloaded
18.9 GB
Uploaded
7.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thanks

To remove the WIOT ransomware, follow these steps:​

• STEP 1: Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
  • STEP 2: Use Malwarebytes Free to remove the WIOT ransomware
  • STEP 3: Scan and clean your computer with HitmanPro
  • STEP 4: Double-check for the WIOT malware with Emsisoft Emergency Kit
  • STEP 5: Restore the files encrypted by the WIOT ransomware

STEP 1: Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking​

In this first step, we will start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking to prevent WIOT malicious drivers and services from loading at Windows start-up.
We’re using Safe mode because it starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers.

STEP 2: Use Malwarebytes Free to remove WIOT ransomware​

While the computer is in Safe Mode with Networking, we will download, install and run a system scan with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes Free is one of the most popular and most used anti-malware software for Windows, and for good reasons.
It is able to destroy many types of malware that other software tends to miss, without costing you absolutely nothing.
When it comes to cleaning up an infected device,
Malwarebytes has always been free and we recommend it as an essential tool in the fight against malware.

STEP 3: Scan and clean your computer with HitmanPro​

In this thrid step, while the computer is in normal back, we will download and run a scan with HitmanPro to remove the WIOT ransomware and other malicious programs.
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner that takes a unique cloud-based approach to malware scanning.
HitmanPro scans the behavior of active files and also files in locations where malware normally resides for suspicious activity.
If it finds a suspicious file that’s not already known, HitmanPro sends it to its clouds to be scanned by two of the best antivirus engines today,
which are Bitdefender and Kaspersky.

STEP 4: Double-check for malicious programs with Emsisoft Emergency Kit​

In this fourth step, we will scan the computer with Emsisoft Emergency Kit to remove any leftover files from the WIOT ransomware and other malicious programs.
While the Malwarebytes and HitmanPro scans are more than enough, we’re recommending Emsisoft Emergency Kit to users who still have malware-related issues or just want to make sure their computer is 100% clean.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a free second opinion scanner that can be used without installation to scan and clean infected computers.
Emsisoft scans the behavior of active files and also files in locations where malware normally resides for suspicious activity.

STEP 5: Restore the files encrypted by the WIOT ransomware​

Unfortunately, in most cases, it’s not possible to recover the files encrypted by the WIOT ransomware because the private key which is needed to unlock the encrypted files is only available through the cybercriminals.
However, below we’ve listed two options you can use to try and recover your files.

Make sure you remove the malware from your system first, otherwise, it will repeatedly lock your system or encrypt files.

Option 1: Use Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu to restore the files​

If your files were encrypted with an offline key there is a chance you can recover them by using Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu decryption tool.
Follow the below guide to recover your files using the Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu.

Option 2: Search for a WIOT ransomware decryption tool​

The cybersecurity community is constantly working to create ransomware decryption tools, so you can try to search these sites for updates:
  • ****://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.***/
  • ****://decrypter.emsisoft.***/
  • ****://noransom.kaspersky.***/
  • ****://***.avast.com/ransomware-decryption-tools
Here the links are a bit masked from me because we don't post outside links :)
so in the begin with the 4 stars you type http and ad the end you type com

Your computer should now be free of the WIOT ransomware infection.
If your current antivirus allowed this malicious program on your computer, you may want to consider purchasing the full-featured version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.
If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, then please follow one of the steps:
  • Run a system scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free

@Lilproxy05 most programs we have here so you need to use the search above :)
and for the one we do not have you need to use google .
thanks, I already reformat all my stuffed unfortunately I ran all antimalware but didn't work, even decryption tools didn't work as well

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.8 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
well when you should have done wat i have write here then it would be cured ...
ok so now i'm closing this thread now seen as solved / completed ...
thank you for your answer that you have use the hard solution formatting the C: drive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.