Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Windows update KB5034441

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Happy new year. Microsoft's first update Tuesday brought issues with update KB5034441. It required the windows Recovery partition to be increased in size by at least 250mb to install. It won't affect many computers as most are vanella and will be ok but custom installs like mine had a problem. Thank you microsoft for the new years gift, glad I'm not in active support any more. Just a heads up for anyone else here that has issues.

Last edited:

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Windows updates brings very often issues to several users when install them.
I was able to install updates for about a year without problem. After that something breaks the updates and it wasn't by my side because i had never make any changes from the begin. I can't install updates even a standalone installer.

I don't know why microsoft need the recovery partition to install updates but everytime i delete this with

MiniTool Partition Wizard​

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
I had no issues with it... have you try removing it??

Last edited:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
KB5034441 installs into the Windows Recovery partition and because I cloned the drive to to a new larger drive, somewhow the recovery drive resized to a smaller size as part of the clone operation (my fault I know I should have paid closer attention) there was no room in the recovery partition to install this updated. I used Easeus partition to increase the size of the recovery partition and that sorted the problem. Updates can be a pain for sure especially if you run custom stuff.
Testament, language and feature packs /date and time are the most common issues I find for strange update issues. After that, dot net stuff. Try changing your language to american english then reboot and try the updates again, this has worked for me a few times. This year, I will only run windows live on one pc any more, the rest can be virtual.

testament

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
34.9 GB
Uploaded
24.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I had tried these for a couple of time with no luck. Unfortunately for me didn't works.
And i install Windows updates with the hard way. I use MSMG Toolkit to integrate the newer updates and i apply them with an in-place upgrade. It takes time... especially when i have to do all the changes i had made.

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Thank you @pleiadians for bringing this up. I am sure many people will face issues and they better be warned as this affects windows 10 21H2 and up.

Just for information accuracy and since @testament brought it up, there is an exploit that can help bypass BitLocker protection by using WinRE, and in order to protect people Microsoft "rewrote" parts of WinRE which sadly now uses more space and that is why there is a need for larger partition (there are some other reasons too but not as important). If MS didn't do that a lot of laptops and PCs mainly business ones, that use BitLocker would be vulnerable to this and I think safety comes first.

Note here that the update can do this on auto... assuming one hasn't disabled or removed WinRE, if they did, they need to re-enable it, or... good luck with installing Windows again.
If someone wants to re-enable (if possible) and resize WinRE Ms has some instructions on how to manually resize, or create a recovery partition in case they don't have a partition software (note it depends on how WinRE was removed/disabled and may not work for all windows versions).
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf
Not for the faint of heart.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
It is hard on the up and coming support people, less control over everything. One day you'll walk into the server room, thinking "I'm going to have to reboot" only to hear Copilot say "I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

Anarch

Downloaded
2.8 GB
Uploaded
32 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 months
It's laughable what Microsoft has been trying to push intrusively on its users for years.

First, the "mega great windows 8" with functionality that no one wanted. Then the reheated chop "Windows 10" which fixes the problems of the 8, so hardly anyone uses the 8 anymore.
Not to mention that 10 was supposed to be supported for life and was supposed to be the ultimate system. - Soon it runs out of support and we have windows 11, which has been given so many installation problems that some people wondered if they should buy a new computer because their board doesn't support microsoft requirements. Which is complete nonsense, because windows 11 I installed and use on one of my computers without any problems, and my motherboard was also not "supported" Of course patches were required. Crows are crowing about the upcoming windows 12, supported by AI, and let me tell you frankly that I see it blackly. If indeed we will not be able to manually go to folders, copy and paste on our own, because we will have to tell the AI to do it, you understand. No usefulness, just another level of surveillance of the user to know everything about us.
The corporation is going in the wrong direction for users. I hope I'll live to see a stable Linux that will open exe files directly, because that's actually the biggest problem of Linux.

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
What Broadcom has done to Vmware is another example of how big tech just doesn't care about the end user, it's like it or lump it. Learning to use linux can be a steep learning curve, especially to replace your most used software but it is getting to the stage where people need to start learning if they care at all about control over data and systems. It's not fair to blame the linux distro's, they can only do so much, it's demand led. They are free after all.

monty cristo

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
What Broadcom has done to Vmware is another example of how big tech just doesn't care about the end user, it's like it or lump it. Learning to use linux can be a steep learning curve, especially to replace your most used software but it is getting to the stage where people need to start learning if they care at all about control over data and systems. It's not fair to blame the linux distro's, they can only do so much, it's demand led. They are free after all.

All too true. I do find it interesting that the successful linux appliances with the most users all seem to be closed source - steam deck, chromebook OS, fire stick. Maybe if some distros were more plug and play they would attract more windoze users. I have been struggling with getting NFS bind mounts working on proxmox - keep getting the feeling "it shouldnt be this hard" lol. All part of the learning curve like you said.

Makes me wonder what abomination M$ will release as win12?

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
All too true. I do find it interesting that the successful linux appliances with the most users all seem to be closed source - steam deck, chromebook OS, fire stick. Maybe if some distros were more plug and play they would attract more windoze users. I have been struggling with getting NFS bind mounts working on proxmox - keep getting the feeling "it shouldnt be this hard" lol. All part of the learning curve like you said.

Makes me wonder what abomination M$ will release as win12?
Proxmox not as easy as youtube /forums would have you believe, which is often the case in the linux world. I still uses vmware as much as I disklie the company, it's product works well. I don't think people realise how well virtualization works now, especially if you have good hardware that supports full passthrough. For example, my virtual windows 10 boots faster and runs faster on kvm than real. Like it or not, it's time to diversify.