Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Win 10 system randomly freezes, then tries to startup with SSD missing in BIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodyberry

Downloaded
6.4 GB
Uploaded
20.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Lately my system has been randomly freezing then when it tries to restart it says no boot device. (I have an SSD). BUT if I do a hard shutdown and restart it will boot up again.

It's like while in Windows, the system loses the drive and tries to reboot.

Tried figuring out a pattern, but it does it when I'm doing stuff or when I haven't touched the computer in a while. No rhyme or reason.

Anything I can check for? It's connected to SATA slot 1 now. It was in 2.

Thanks all!

Bill

sturuss

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
845.1 GB
Uploaded
9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 10 years
same issue but turned out that my SSD did not work properly.
now with a new SSD it works perfectly.
I was even able to clone / back up the faulty SSD to a new one

jodyberry

Downloaded
6.4 GB
Uploaded
20.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
same issue but turned out that my SSD did not work properly.
now with a new SSD it works perfectly.
I was even able to clone / back up the faulty SSD to a new one
How did you find out it was faulty?

I installed Samsing SSD Magician and all tests came back OK. Only possible issue is that in my Power settings it was set to turn off HD after 20 minutes. BUT, it's probably been on that setting as long as I've had the SSD!

bsdaddict

Downloaded
20.6 GB
Uploaded
129.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Kinda sounds like a faulty connection. Have you been in tthe case recently and possibly nudged a cable? Double check the sata + power connectors on the SSD are firmly seated. Even if that's not it at least you've ruled it out. On that note, couldn't hurt to replace the SATA cable while you're at it, and also give the the rest of the inside of your case a look. Blow out the dust if you haven't in a while, make sure all the fans work (I've had stability issues where the culprit turned out to be that my P/S fan had died...) and make sure every connection is firmly seated.

jodyberry

Downloaded
6.4 GB
Uploaded
20.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Kinda sounds like a faulty connection. Have you been in tthe case recently and possibly nudged a cable? Double check the sata + power connectors on the SSD are firmly seated. Even if that's not it at least you've ruled it out. On that note, couldn't hurt to replace the SATA cable while you're at it, and also give the the rest of the inside of your case a look. Blow out the dust if you haven't in a while, make sure all the fans work (I've had stability issues where the culprit turned out to be that my P/S fan had died...) and make sure every connection is firmly seated.

Thanks! I had a spare cable connected to the #1 SATA slot so I hooked it up to that one for now to see. I will also check all connections and blow out the dust!

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Thanks! I had a spare cable connected to the #1 SATA slot so I hooked it up to that one for now to see. I will also check all connections and blow out the dust!
Ok, we hope that will work out.
As colleagues have previously commented, it seems that it is more of a hardware problem than a software problem.
After everything is clean, free of dust, firmly embedded connections, if you continue with the problem, it is worth trying with another SSD or HD that you are sure that works.
I would also check the graphics card if it accepts hibernation mode, I once had a similar problem and it was the graphics that did not "wake up" from hibernation.
Many thanks to @sturuss and @bsdaddict for their help in this thread.
Completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.