Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Where to start with old jobs laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRichd

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
18.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Hey there,

About 2 years ago I started a WFH job which I only did for a few weeks, I was given a laptop which they have never asked me to give back.

So, yesterday my wife was dismissed from her job due to ill health. She said she wants a laptop as she will lose her work one next week and would like one with Word and Teams on it.
I thought about the spare laptop I have, it's locked now so need a fresh install I guess.I was having a look on r/fmhy and was pointed here. Any tips and tricks for a relative noobie are muchly appreciated.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
You have 2 issues if I understood well.
No1 What to get (which windows etc) and No1 how to install it.
On what to get, since it's for work as you mentioned, I would suggest Windows LTSC so you won't mess it with updates/upgrades and whatnot. Check the list here https://www.teamos.xyz/torrents/?filename=ltsc 2021 any of those are good and the difference is just about aesthetics and extras.
On how to install, in case you don't know, it's best to look at youtube or other online guides as there are thousands on the web. It's not hard, it's just a few steps you need to make that may take a while to write and explain in a simple thread.

In general, the steps are:
* Find the ISO you like from the list and download it (note some have Office so that might save you time).
* Go to the laptops site to get drivers for the laptop
* Have a USB thumb drive (about 8GB should do tho it depends on which Windows you will download)
* Use software like Rufus to make the USB bootable with the ISO you downloaded
* Start the system and boot for the USb, follow the installation instructions and the instruction you will find on the net (guides we talked about)
* After the fresh install, install the driver from Step 2
* Add the software you need (zoom etc)
* Enjoy new windows.

If you are not sure, you can always ask a friend who knows to help you out.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hey, I don't know what kind of device you have, but I'm willing to help you for free since I'm working in the IT and have very good knowledge about this kind of things.
However, don't expect me to give you a instant reply since we live in a big world with different time zones.
If you have Telegram, I could also help you there and you could send me pictures there much easier than here on the forum, since you have a file size limit here and you would have to use ms paint in order to censor stuff like serial number, license key and many other stuff.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
262 (270)
Member for 7 years
what's the laptop specs and brand is it bios or hard drive locked??

Panther

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
137.4 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
And if it is locked via bios - search the model and clear bios first ....

SuperTech

Downloaded
135.2 GB
Uploaded
13.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
You don't really need to download a torrent, just create a bootable USB drive from the Windows Media Creation Tool. Format disk during the install.

Windows 10 will work without a product key, you just get a watermark on the desktop and you can't set the wallpaper, but it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.4 GB
Uploaded
587.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I'm a pro-tech and can help you here as well.. but firstly as mentioned before, we need some details of the laptop model & what type of lock is in effect..

BigRichd

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
18.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Wow! What can I say, looks like I found a mega community, so many replies already!

It's a Dell Latitude 5310.

Regarding how is locked - I don't know the difference, sorry. I just get to the user login and it asks for my username and password which I no longer have.

@Cyler not for work as she lost her job but going forward could be. She uses Teams for online mental health therapy.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Started my journey in 1983 with a Timex Sinclair 1000 and havent looked back. Officially a A+ certified tech in 1996. OK, enough about background, just giving credentials.

Personally, according to your machines specs, you could run ANY version of Windows you want, but, I'd go with LTSC 21H2. It is almost completely bloatware free (except for Edge) and is in lifecycle til 2032.

Screenshot-4.jpg

As per the chart, you can run anything, even Windows 11 (IF your machine passes windows TPM test), and even if it doesnt, there are ways around it to get Win11 on your PC. Specs on the lappy are good, not great, but good enough.

Let me know if I can be of assistance in procurement if you need any of the "stock" versions of LTSB/LTSC. I do most of my builds using these and think Im prolly one of the authorities on it around here.

Screenshot-3.jpg

BigRichd

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
18.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Just found my USB flash drive - 32GB, so much help I'm now thinking which to do lmao!!

BigRichd

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
18.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
So then, think I'll go with LTSC 21HC @Proteus , seen this one with offce via @Cylers link https://www.teamos.xyz/threads/wind...plus-multilingual-preactivated-teamos.194854/

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
262 (270)
Member for 7 years
@bigrichd just create a usb drive with desire copy of Windows and install fresh copy and that's it....

let us know when we can complete this request!

Sharrow

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
367.4 GB
Uploaded
587.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
If you want access bypassing the login password.. you can use this to get in...

It's easy as pie. Just pop it on your usb drive and boot into it via the BIOS (usually by pressing the escape key or F2 key when the unit is first turned on.). When in the BIOS select boot from usb drive, save and reboot..

Jayro will load, pick a password reset tool, reset and reboot. That will at least get you access.

Otherwise my advice is the same as the other replies from Proteus and Wichestery2k. :)

Good luck! :)

BigRichd

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
18.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
Sorry peeps I'm failing so far.

I have Lockpick but its still booting to Bitlocker Recovery, not sure where to go then?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
If the Laptop is secured with Bitlocker, just format the laptop as I stated in my first post. There is no way to bypass Bitlocker. Plenty of guides on the net on hwo to format and install a fresh copy of Windows.

BigRichd

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
18.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
OK, finally installed, just trying find Office now :D

Thanks everyone so much xxxx

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Glad it all worked out. Thread will be locked and marked complete now :)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
We want a photo of you (optional) with a drink (even water) next to the laptop with the browser open to this page for proof :p
Enjoy your new (old) laptop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.