Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

What OS variant you guys recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trianchid

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I thought about Installing Linux lite but it's better to keep it familiar, I will get a Separate 2 TB drive for that , keeps things more organized

My config: Ryzen 2600

2x16 GB Kingmax 3200 MHz CL XMPP , 2665 Cl 19 otherwise

RX 560 ROG STrix (it started sagging so I had problems for 2-3 says however fixing it performance is smooth. I use both screws for as much surface as possible plus the PCIE slot is armored)

(Most important part)KC 3000 2 TB will be the OS drive, M4A / X4 slot

I also have WD Black 1 TB Winchester

Samsung 850 Evo (current OS drive)

Kingston A2000

Zalman Z9 plus case

I like light versions too , I will install total commander, open office, OBS etc cuz I'm used to them

Games will be from the above 3 drives and the new one , so the Kc3000 will serve as OS and game drive

Also I will get a GPU holder but that's off topic, I don't want to off to break the rules :emo:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Sadly we don't do recommendations as all our modders are very capable and know well what they do, and it would be unfair to pick one over the others. Second, our individual needs and hardware differ so what may be good for one person, will not be good for another.

Since OSes are "free" here, I would suggest looking at the latest builds from 11 and 10, checking the user comments about possible issues, and test-driving a couple for a few days.
I can tell you, that you will have the least issues and top performance with any LTSC (as the OS core is the same across all builds) but which LTSC is up to you.
Note here, that performance is 95% hardware-dependent, and any custom OS from here will perform well, unless one messes with OS settings.

Having said that I will close the thread because if we let 100 people recommend, you will get 110 different OS recommendations and you will be back at square 1 anyway.

Have fun discovering which OS is for you.

Last edited:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I am sorry just realized you were talking about linux and not our Windows ISOs. We all are humans and make mistakes (me more than most). Will reopen the thread even tho most of what I said applies to linux too.

Best of luck.

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Bro, i have been here for 2 years now. And i have never seen anyone specifically recommend an OS.

This is what the compiled answer someone gets when they ask about any OS recommendation.

"This is your system and how you use depends on you. We don't know your daily routine and thus can't offer a reasonable recommendation. Everyone has their own preferences and personal choices and thus every OS is tailored accordingly. The best way is to screw around with multiple OS that are available with a VMware and select the one that suits you the best and make it your primary"

About Linux: It is one of the worst branched OS (In a good way) even the entire modded windows OS here won't tally to the number of Linux OS out there. I have used all falvors of Ubuntu, Linux-Mint, KaliOS, Fedora, Arch, Suse and the list goes on, that it is honestly, exhausting.

To narrow down your results, start with what type of distro you want and then go down that path with which desktop environment you want (KDE, Gnome, XFCE). If you are successful in this two things, then you will have 10-20 OS left, from then, it is all about personal preference. Best to try out each and decide which grows on you.

Last edited:

Trianchid

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I am sorry just realized you were talking about linux and not our Windows ISOs. We all are humans and make mistakes (me more than most). Will reopen the thread even tho most of what I said applies to linux too.

Best of luck.
Ohh I forgot to include that I'm looking for win 10-11, 7 would be fun too but ain't compatibility. For Linux im thinking of separate ssd rather than logical drive. Proton, wine and bottles exists but I will try them later
After reading your reply I realized you are correct

Trianchid

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Bro, i have been here for 2 years now. And i have never seen anyone specifically recommend an OS.

This is what the compiled answer someone gets when they ask about any OS recommendation.

"This is your system and how you use depends on you. We don't know your daily routine and thus can't offer a reasonable recommendation. Everyone has their own preferences and personal choices and thus every OS is tailored accordingly. The best way is to screw around with multiple OS that are available with a VMware and select the one that suits you the best and make it your primary"
VMware sounds like a good idea , especially given the ample space on the drive

YvoSu

Downloaded
121.4 GB
Uploaded
533.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Hi Folks, just saw your post regarding the "right" Linux OS. I have similar hardware requirements as you. At first I had Linux-Mint installed, like on my old machine. Unfortunately, Mint has become worse than before.

Then I tried MX-Linux, not my thing. Recently I downloaded Zorin-OS 17 Pro from here. As I'm not at home at the moment, I'm going to install Zorin on my main computer soon. I've been watching Zorin since version 6 or 8 and thought it was rubbish until I saw version 17 Pro as a live distro. Not bad I would say.

My recommendation would be to install it. By the way, I usually still have Win 7 Pro installed in a virtual box. I can't manage my belongings with Linux alone. So far I have done this with Vbox but I think the hardware is too modern.

Soon I will try it with Qemu and KVM as GUI. Ubuntu would also be a good alternative. Send you below two download links for Zorin 17 Pro and for Ubuntu-Cinnamon 22.04.1 "Jammy Jellyfish" LTS.

BRGDS YvoSu

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzalcoatl

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
265.3 GB
Uploaded
504 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Hi Folks, just saw your post regarding the "right" Linux OS. I have similar hardware requirements as you. At first I had Linux-Mint installed, like on my old machine. Unfortunately, Mint has become worse than before.

Then I tried MX-Linux, not my thing. Recently I downloaded Zorin-OS 17 Pro from here. As I'm not at home at the moment, I'm going to install Zorin on my main computer soon. I've been watching Zorin since version 6 or 8 and thought it was rubbish until I saw version 17 Pro as a live distro. Not bad I would say.

My recommendation would be to install it. By the way, I usually still have Win 7 Pro installed in a virtual box. I can't manage my belongings with Linux alone. So far I have done this with Vbox but I think the hardware is too modern.

Soon I will try it with Qemu and KVM as GUI. Ubuntu would also be a good alternative. Send you below two download links for Zorin 17 Pro and for Ubuntu-Cinnamon 22.04.1 "Jammy Jellyfish" LTS.

BRGDS YvoSu

Outside link is forbidden, please put it inside icode or remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pleiadians

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
188.8 GB
Uploaded
713.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Run linux virtually untill you get comfortable running your daily tasks in linux or you decide you don't like that distro. This avoids a lot of frustration and disapointment. I would suggest to start with Ubuntu as it has the most online help and support, choose whichever desktop you like. Treat it as a learning experience first, getting familiar with file systems and folder layouts and command line structures etc. Don't be conscious of snobbery or fashion, suit yoursel. Run the Vm in full screen as if it was the only os and drive it as if it was your only os but when and if you reach your limits, you can exit back to windows. Good luck with the adventure.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
255 (263)
Member for 7 years
this might help you

femiurge

Downloaded
61.9 MB
Uploaded
36.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 months
I would highly recommend openSUSE Tumbleweed. It's a rolling release distribution, so your software is almost always on the bleeding edge. Plus the SUSE company is a large enterprise based in Germany I believe, so bug fixes are frequent and packages are tested well before being pushed. It has last which is a system configuration tool that lets you do anything from mess with your bootloader, to creating a system snapshot to setting up a VPN connection. You can roll back to a previous snapshot if you Thank anything up. It has .rpm (Red Hat, Fedora) support for closed source packages. Out of the box it's very stable and capable and after daily driving it for quite a while. I used to use arch, but the AUR would break my packages frequently, and I would have to spend hours fixing something because I was stupid enough to use pacman. It's finally gotten me to quit using my windows install which just plays games and adobe software and does some reverse engineering at this point.

InaccurateFool

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
226.3 GB
Uploaded
4.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If you're looking to game on linux my suggestion would be to try out chimeraOS as it is available for both desktops and gaming handhelds such as the steamdeck
https://chimeraos.org/

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
255 (263)
Member for 7 years
over a month, no action here thread completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.