Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Web designer rejected 8 million dollars in advertising

350 million visits
He is 17 years old, created the most consulted site about coronavirus and rejected 8 million dollars in advertising
Avi Schiffmann created Ncov2019.live, which gathers available information on Covid-19 cases worldwide.

"I still want to play video games with my friends, it's fun to be an ordinary teenager from time to time ... I forget that I'm running the biggest website in the world ." His name is Avi Schiffmann, he is 17 years old and has just become one of the most sought-after creators in the coronavirus crisis worldwide: he developed the site nCoV2019.live , the world's largest coronavirus case crawler.

In an interview with Bloomberg's QuickTake site, Schiffmann tells how the project came about. It turns out that the information that was available was mainly on sites in China . So he filtered it so that you can see everything in one place, and that's ncov2019.live.

Although there are several sites that sought to do this, the young man managed to capitalize on it through a website. And they even offered him $ 8 million to advertise on his site, which he rejected.

"I just wanted to create an easy way to track coronavirus cases, because I realized it was a very complicated thing to have to go to Chinese sources to get official data and not understand anything because it was in Chinese," he says, "So I thought that I could extract the official figures and add them to a much larger database. "

This is how nCoV2019.live was born, the website where you can check the data, by country, at the moment and with daily updated data.

"I do it for each of the countries , I just want people to be able to get the information just by taking a look," he insists. And so it is, just by looking for a country, you can see the total of confirmed cases, deaths, more serious cases and recovered cases.

As expected, the website was a success, and the number of visits is only growing. " In total I will have about 350 million visits, " says Avi, " about 30 million daily ."

Such is the success of the project that it did not go unnoticed by some companies, which have already offered to place ads on the web and monetize the space to get economic returns, reaching millions of dollars if they agreed to do so.

The first one surprised was her mother, Nathalie, who could not believe what her son had done from the computer in her room , much less that there were companies interested in the project.

“I remember perfectly, he came for a moment and said ' I received emails from companies that want to put ads on my website ; What's more, one of them is offering me eight million dollars "And then she said she had rejected them," recalls her mother.

It was easy for Avi to turn them down, because he did it for one simple reason: he didn't want to have that much money when he was so young.

"I think it is very easy for me to reject this kind of thing, because I don't have much interest in making large amounts of money either. I would feel like a very adult. I could say, ok, I'm retiring now; but I don't want to retire when I am 17 years old ”, insists the teenager, who assures that he still has a lot to do and learn before that happens. " Half of the things I've done I didn't even know before I started programming, " he says.

Avi feels that his project can not only help many people to obtain information and raise awareness about the reality of the health crisis we are experiencing worldwide, but it can also encourage other young people to create and find ways to help , just so we can overcome the pandemic.

His page only modestly suggests that we "buy him a coffee."

Source: https://www.clarin.com/tecnologia/17-anos-creo-sitio-consultado-coronavirus-rechazo-8-millones-dolares-publicidad_0_7ML_smWz4.html

canardo

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Pretty sure he has no wife or he would have done otherwise

He is 17 years old

Yep! that explains it.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@juanamm nice tech news my friend ,
and that young man is a man that i like :)

Ashmit

Downloaded
33.1 GB
Uploaded
396.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
good read for the day .ty

Downloaded