Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials Utorrent 2.2.1 Get The Best Performance

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
After years of using uTorrent 2.2.1, these are the settings I use to get the best speed and performance. uTorrent will configure automatically for you but there are tweaks to make it better. So here....... First download and install uTorrent 2.2.1. Get it here. >> Do not update it ever!. Once installed click on "Options"/ "Preferences". Now it's time to tweak your new client for best performance. Follow the screens below. Check and uncheck all as needed.

General Tab
TsFlR.png

UI Settings
TsJkU.png

Connection
TsSN5.png

BitTorrent
Ts5TA.png

Queueing
TsHJe.png

Web UI
Tsa6n.png

Advanced
Ts1Qm.png

Follow these simple steps and enjoy the max out of your uTorrent 2.2.1 client. :)

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years
awesome thank you @Mr. Spacely

TheHarperdragon

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
913.2 GB
Uploaded
154.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Thanks for sharing - that's awesome @Mr. Spacely !!!

Seeking_Eagle

Downloaded
23.9 GB
Uploaded
10.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
The link to get Utorrent 2.2.1 doesn't work

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
Yes, working fine.
Try again.

Last edited:

Gollapudi

No time for myself due to work load
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
429.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
Yes, working fine.
Try again.
Thanks for the link...page not opening may be moved to some place where user have no permision(I think)..

Mr.Space it's not working for me too here error message
T1O2c.png

I searched , found this page..is below given version eligible for above mentioned settings

download link also working but not your page

Last edited:

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
Thanks for the link...page not opening may be moved to some place where user have no permision(I think)..

Mr.Space it's not working for me too here error message
T1O2c.png

I searched , found this page..is below given version eligible for above mentioned settings

download link also working but not your page
Fixed....:)

ShiningDog

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Due to the bug in utorrent 2.2.1, when you load a magnet link then torrent content list wont populate in the files selecting deselecting tab. major disappointment bcoz i always use magnet and pirate bay is all magnet and also on other public torrent site, magnet is the only reliable option.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
Here....

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
Due to the bug in utorrent 2.2.1, when you load a magnet link then torrent content list wont populate in the files selecting deselecting tab. major disappointment bcoz i always use magnet and pirate bay is all magnet and also on other public torrent site, magnet is the only reliable option.
Sure, you have great point. I try to stay away from TPB and magnet links in general.... That's just me though. :)

Gollapudi

No time for myself due to work load
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
429.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
Sure, you have great point. I try to stay away from TPB and magnet links in general.... That's just me though. :)
yaa sometimes good torrents for documentaries alive in magnet link ;)

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Very nice tutorial Spacely :)

Ahmed Haroon

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.9 GB
Uploaded
465.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
thank you for sharing knowledge !! will definitely try these tweaks :)

Morph69

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
336.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
179 (182)
Member for 10 years
Can anyone explain what the net discoverable actually does and what the benefits (explained) are please.

There's no bug in 2.2.1 as I use it and have been for many years & I too use magnet downloads almost 20 times a day. Check the browser that you using as I know that chrome had an issue on one of their versions that when you set to use magnets you would have to set it each and every time. So i installed a previous version of chrome to combat that but anywho.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShiningDog

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
There's no bug in 2.2.1 as I use it and have been for many years & I too use magnet downloads almost 20 times a day. Check the browser that you using as I know that chrome had an issue on one of their versions that when you set to use magnets you would have to set it each and every time. So i installed a previous version of chrome to combat that but anywho.
You didnt understand what i wrote exactly, let me explain it again, when you load a magnet link then a files selecting and deselecting window appear. 2.2.1 doesn't populate that files list. so you cant choose which files you want to download or skip.

Morph69

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
336.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
179 (182)
Member for 10 years
You didnt understand what i wrote exactly, let me explain it again, when you load a magnet link then a files selecting and deselecting window appear. 2.2.1 doesn't populate that files list. so you cant choose which files you want to download or skip.

Remember the magnet still needs to download the file info as you dont have the torrent yet. Once its loaded the files and gotten the size then you can edit and change what needs to be done.

Just go to where it says files on utorrent and select the ones to not download.

amuza

Downloaded
1 GB
Uploaded
4.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
yes I do have this version and it works fine.
Actually I am seeding since 2014, I need a better settings for seeding!
my laptop is seeding 24/24, I am the only one who is seeding a lot of torrents
I hope that these torrents will not die on me.
I hate when I seed after that I check the tracker who still got only one person seeding (me)!
KEEP SEEDING OTHER PEOPLE NEED IT AS YOU DO

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkeye

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31.7 GB
Uploaded
23.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
216 (218)
Member for 7 years

hello mate you must have some kind off problem, because all works fine this end 2.2.1

dV1rv.jpg

this is what i get when i add torrent through a magnet link, i get a pop up choosing what i want

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
Can anyone explain what the net discoverable actually does and what the benefits (explained) are please.
Recently security vulnerabilities were found in old and new versions of uTorrent allowing others to possibly have access to your computer.
Older uTorrent versions 2.0.4 and 2.2.1 are not affected in the same way as uTorrent versions 3.x. If you have uTorrent 2.2.1 or 2.0.4 all you have to do is disable the Web UI (if it is enabled) and change the advanced setting "net.discoverable" to false.

Last edited:

Morph69

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
336.3 TB
Ratio