Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked USB/Bios issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Having a problem that is really irking me! Until recently I had no issues booting to a USB. Won't work anymore, I can't even boot to BIOS or safe mode. Running Win 10 on a Dell Optiplex 3020

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Quick question... does your Optiplex have dvd?

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11545 (11545)
Member for 8 years
You have newest version of Rufus?

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Yes and yes. Something weird, because won't even boot to bios using the usual F2 key, or when using startup options from Win10

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
Can't get into safe mode either.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I used this for my dell

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
I used this for my dell
It's not just USB booting issues. I can't boot into BIOS or safe mode either

zeph016

Downloaded
148.7 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Yes and yes. Something weird, because won't even boot to bios using the usual F2 key, or when using startup options from Win10

Had issues like this a while back on our Dell Workstations but those have PS/2 ports and using PS/2 keyboards fixed the issue. Sometimes though, I have to reset the CMOS in order for the BIOS to halt on "cmos reset" or "date settings not set" error so that I could enter into the BIOS.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11545 (11545)
Member for 8 years
Try getting new bios from Manufacturer? Flash?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
What @zeph016 said was my 1st thought too. Try with the same keyboard on a different USB or even better different keyboard on a different USB and if possible try all ports (some USB ports share the same hub). Try a PS/2 Keyboard also like advice if you have one around.

If this happened after a power failure, pull the Power cable of the PSU, press the power on key (don't laugh, try it :p), plug the cable back in, and power again to see if that helped fix the issue. I can explain later why and how this works.

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
What @zeph016 said was my 1st thought too. Try with the same keyboard on a different USB or even better different keyboard on a different USB and if possible try all ports (some USB ports share the same hub). Try a PS/2 Keyboard also like advice if you have one around.

If this happened after a power failure, pull the Power cable of the PSU, press the power on key (don't laugh, try it :p), plug the cable back in, and power again to see if that helped fix the issue. I can explain later why and how this works.
No luck :-(

Try getting new bios from Manufacturer? Flash?
No luck :-(

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
227.6 GB
Uploaded
1.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
I am officially a complete and blithering idiot. It just occurred to me that I have dual-monitors, and when attempting to boot from USB, one of monitors was turned off. Therefore I did not see the boot sequence. I hereby officially turn in my mancard. Forgive me for wasting everyone's time.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I am officially a complete and blithering idiot. It just occurred to me that I have dual-monitors, and when attempting to boot from USB, one of monitors was turned off. Therefore I did not see the boot sequence. I hereby officially turn in my mancard. Forgive me for wasting everyone's time.

Morpheus: "Welcome to the world of the REAL."

We are ALL "blithering ID-10T's" at times.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years

Trust me, I know EXACTLY what you speak of. My former machine (Gateway GT5662 AMD Phenom) used to do that to me all the time after a brownout. Unplug power supply, hold power switch, then plug back in and restart. Always came back up, but what a pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.