Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Upgrading Windows OS without losing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNightHawk

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
96.7 GB
Uploaded
4.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi, I would like to know the best approach in upgrading my current Windows Pro 1909 (18363.900) without losing data.

Reasoning: I cannot install "media feature pack" that's a prerequisite for installing icloud. As the option is not in the app and features section to install, even in the optional section of the features to install.

If there's a way to install the media feature pack externally. This would be even better. Thank you.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years
Yes. Backup your files and do clean format and install.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
49.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
241 (248)
Member for 7 years
use the Windows update tool, if you have a legit copy, they fixed the issue from years ago...

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
If there's a way to install the media feature pack externally. This would be even better. Thank you.
@xNightHawk, all versions of Windows 10 include media feature pack.
Except:
a)
versions N or KN
b) modified windows (lite / custom / unattended) when author has deliberately removed them.
If your case is a), I recommend you google "media feature pack windows 10 pro n / kn 1909", I have seen complete tutorials to download and install that.
If your case is b), you have to ask the question in the thread / place where you downloaded OS, only author of that build can know.
I hope I have helped you and we expect a response shortly to proceed to close this thread.

Don007

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
121.9 GB
Uploaded
2.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
6 (8)
Member for 5 years
I too have a suggestion ! WIthout losing data in terms of program files and documents you can make a backup else try this !

During Installation of New OS you can do by without formating ! So that the older windows will put inside windows.old, then after installing the newOS you can copy the files from windows.old and paste it in new windows folders respectively ! But rarely this may bring some incompatibility !

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
1 month old and no replies, closed and completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.