Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks System File Check (sfc) Scan And Repair System Files

PasMater

👑 Administrator
âš¡OS Master
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
871.7 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
29 (70)
Member for 9 years
System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

error.jpg

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible. When it cannot repair the damage DISM should be run to fix as many errors as possible.

System file check works on Vista and UP

Dism works on win 7 and UP

If you are running an insider build (ie 14915) and SFC fails ~20% it is a known problem with this build

Details
If you have modified your system files (including Windows DLL files) running sfc /scannow will revert the system files back to the default state.

It is always a good idea to back up your data beforehand!

To run a system file check (SFC)

• Go to start>Type CMD
  • Right click and run as Administrator
  • (called an elevated command prompt)
  • If you want to verify and repair the OS type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")
  • If you just want to check (verify only) the OS type sfc /verifyonly (no changes will be made using verify only)

You may have to run this up to 3 times to fix all the problems

When you have finished it will say one of three things

Windows did not find any integrity violations (a good thing)

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them (a good thing)

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them (not a good thing) If you get this message run DISM as described below

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

If SFC was not able to repair some or all of the files there are a few options including a repair install from the OS dvd, and DISM (win 8 & UP)

If SFC did not find any violations it is still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth

DISM

If you are on win 8 (and up) you should also run DISM whether SFC found errors or not!!

From an elevated command prompt

You can run Check, then Scan, but you should always run RESTORE HEALTH

To check the health (You would use /CheckHealth to only check whether the image has been flagged as corrupted)

run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

To scan the health use /ScanHealth to scan the image for component store corruption. This option does not fix any corruption.

run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

To RESTORE health (recommended)

Use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to scan the image for component store corruption, perform repair operations automatically, and records that corruption to the log file. This generally takes 15-30 minutes depending on the corruption and size of the partition

You can run scanhealth & restore health at the same time like this

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth . (please note the space after "dism", & "online" & "image")
If the repair is successful you may want to re-run SFC just to check.

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

After running DISM it is a good idea to re-run SFC /scannow to make sure all the issues were fixed.

If you get the error message "cannot find source files"you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

The ISO must be exactly the same version as the running OS. An ISO of 10586.0 will not repair a running system of 10586.35 because it has additional updates and files.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
LoL.. Wasnt going to take the time to look at this, but Im really glad I did.:nerd:

How many times I've need all of this and here it is all together..:clap:

What the "H" would we do with out you Babe;)

PasMater

👑 Administrator
âš¡OS Master
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
871.7 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
29 (70)
Member for 9 years
LoL.. Wasnt going to take the time to look at this
i have post it...coz i was ooking for deep cleaning of system...have look a lot and search for good tool...butbest one is CMD...it take some time to clean system...but it do it super good.....most of programs do same thing but they dont do deep cleaning.....so...from time to time...this is what we all need to do + defragmentation if we wish to have good runing PC......hope it helps babe :)

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
i have post it...coz i was ooking for deep cleaning of system...have look a lot and search for good tool...butbest one is CMD...it take some time to clean system...but it do it super good.....most of programs do same thing but they dont do deep cleaning.....so...from time to time...this is what we all need to do + defragmentation if we wish to have good runing PC......hope it helps babe :)
I know it will to all who follow it and I for one got it printed and bookmarked :inlove:

Chinmonkie

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
44.8 GB
Uploaded
4.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Thanks man I was able to fix my corrupt files and do a restore with the ISO :D and the GUI is so nice

Redolent

Downloaded
13.7 GB
Uploaded
46 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Always good to have an extra source of information for possible resolutions. Cheers!

williams Marcelle Malaver

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.5 GB
Uploaded
2.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Nice know some new methods thanks

AnonymousDJ

Downloaded
15.2 GB
Uploaded
13 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Bookmarked. :) Thanks! :h:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I've added this page to bookmarks... Dang good help! Thanks @tomeCar

blaster

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
122.7 GB
Uploaded
555.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Thank you, I will try , beacusei have some problems.

simply

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
248.8 GB
Uploaded
21 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
It is very useful to know, Thank you

kenzaki

Downloaded
63.8 GB
Uploaded
23.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
When i tried to restore health its says an error

rikroy67

Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
488 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
@tomeCar, a fantastic share indeed!
Followed all the steps listed and was able to repair and restore all corrupted files.
Thank you for the share!

milec03

Downloaded
150.9 GB
Uploaded
1.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thank you Care and be health.

Zyan94

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
31 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for the wonderfully informative tutorial for repairing system files, keep u the good work ! :clap:

loader72

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
175.9 GB
Uploaded
2.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
So simple a cave man could do it. peace. :nerd::nod:

nccroad

Downloaded
199.2 GB
Uploaded
194.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Always good to have an extra source of information for possible resolutions..........................