Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Staying Safe With Torrents - Virus/malware Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiPPeD-iT

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Hello everyone,

This is my first proper post, so please accept my apologies in advance if this is the wrong section to ask or the question sounds stupid.

On numerous occasions, antivirus checkers such as AVG have popped up saying the torrent package has a virus or is a hacktool. How can I be sure that what I'm getting is safe, hasn't been modified to include a trojan and is from it's original package owner?

Thanks again

RiPPeD-iT

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Thanks very much Vimal. The problem doesn't usually happen when I've finished downloading a torrent, but usually only happens whilst it's installing/extracting.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Hello everyone,

This is my first proper post, so please accept my apologies in advance if this is the wrong section to ask or the question sounds stupid.

On numerous occasions, antivirus checkers such as AVG have popped up saying the torrent package has a virus or is a hacktool. How can I be sure that what I'm getting is safe, hasn't been modified to include a trojan and is from it's original package owner?

Thanks again
Good question mate!

1. You're downloading OS including Medicines? Yes it could be has Virus.
2. You're downloading Software/Program including Medicines/Medicines/Medicines? Yes it could be has virus.

What Virus Actually: A Virus infection under False Positive. False positive wouldn't harm your Data/system. all you need to Exclude that file into your A/V program to have rest of it. Remember most of Medicines/Medicines/Medicines/Medicines have virus such as ''Trojan gen'' due to control managment over software/activation. So no worries what you have downloaded from Official users. Read here about False Positive:

To Believe file has False or Negative infection: A false positive is when antivirus software identifies a non-malicious file as malware. A false negative is when antivirus software fails to detect a malicious file.

Good luck and feel safe. Have a nice day/night. :blush:

RiPPeD-iT

Downloaded
0 bytes
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
-
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Good question mate!

1. You're downloading OS including Medicines? Yes it could be has Virus.
2. You're downloading Software/Program including Medicines/Medicines/Medicines? Yes it could be has virus.

What Virus Actually: A Virus infection under False Positive. False positive wouldn't harm your Data/system. all you need to Exclude that file into your A/V program to have rest of it. Remember most of Medicines/Medicines/Medicines/Medicines have virus such as ''Trojan gen'' due to control managment over software/activation. So no worries what you have downloaded from Official users. Read here about False Positive:

To Believe file has False or Negative infection: A false positive is when antivirus software identifies a non-malicious file as malware. A false negative is when antivirus software fails to detect a malicious file.

Good luck and feel safe. Have a nice day/night. :blush:

Thanks very much The Strength. Unfortunately, It's sad to say, but I actually got a very popular Team-OS torrent and that definitely had a virus. As soon as it was installed, the virus disabled many of the system options, including windows defender, group policy editor etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.