Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Something to Seriously consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
This is kind of a rant/suggestion.

1 - TeamOS is the best site of its kind out there today.

2 - TeamOS has content no one else has.

3 - TeamOS has the best core group of people in any forum I've seen yet.

With all that being said, it is time to make a section dedicated to the building of OS's and sharing of ideas about the same.
To have it a RULE that NO talk about how to build/customize goes against everything the site is about. The site is about OS, be it windows, linux, mac.
The information available out there in cyberspace is sketchy at best and INCOMPLETE for most instances, leading someone to try and piece it together by
visiting multiple sites, and still not get a good and complete solution. I have been doing this stuff since the late 80's and have a general clue, but Windows 7
and Windows 10 were both NEW animals to me. I had to rely on others at other forums to guide me and teach me little secrets here and there because it
was NOT allowed here. I took that knowledge and put it to use and have given this site over 110 customized OS's.

I took the time to build a very thorough guide to building using virtualbox, which is how I build all mine, and posted it, even though it got mixxed reviews from
various staff members, it is what we NEED to be doing. We have about 3-5 regular builders here, and new blood and ideas are needed, even though what is
being produced still remains amazing. I for one will help anyone with anything I know how to do, and supply links (from TeamOS) to any and all softwares I use
to make my builds.

Members, Mods, Admins, Super Mods, it is time to come together and truly put our thoughts and ideas into a message area where as a group we can make
some truly amazing work, share our ideas and thoughts, and in the process, recruit new people with visions and ideas to take windows into the next decade.
When we share our creativity and knowledge with others it ignites a creativite monster inside us all and makes us all strive towards something greater.

Al (00Proteus00)

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
I completely agree, and vote YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :h: :h: :h: :h:

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
I agree. I tried to make a windows build, I thought a first responder edition would be a really good idea (with pictures of first responders and a red/blue theme would be appropriate for these times, but it got horribly messy fast. This was before your post, @00Proteus00 . I stepped back for now but I appreciated the knowledge that you shared. Now there are many ways of building and it would be nice to see perspectives from different people as to how to go about it. That's just my opinion, but thanks.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
In my opinion, this is the very definition and should be the very function of this web site. Apart from downloading, it should be a place of sharing knowledge. Let me start from the beginning.

Forum means a place to talk, discuss, and exchange ideas. The title of the site implies Operating Systems so this should be primarily about how to create, use, customized, and improve an OS both functionally and visually. I've been doing this since windows 98/XP with the then answer files and customizable looks and batch, silent program installation, and got very happy when I first found this site, only to see that there was much to be desired by the policies of not sharing info.

Forums are about building on other peoples ideas, and they on yours. I wanted to expand on how we can share beyond windows OS. I could make a custom Linux build (Team OS Linux kinda), and show people how to make and compile, and then they will add their pieces too, not just distribute. have conversations about Server OS both Windows and Linux, talk about OS for devices like NAS, Media Server, share info about VSphere, Hyper-V, Citrix, etc. So much potential...

I'm 100% behind this idea.

Last edited:

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
If this Goes favorably and I will push to see it does I will promptly edit the rules where ever its posted "Not Allowed"..
Since my beginning Ive thought how the devil did the old Modders/Themers/Shinnesr learn the trade if
they mostly werent taught by someone and why the devil so secret.. Im sure there is more talent out there than what is doing the work now..

Mac

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
I fall behind those who have commented before me here. The sharing of knowledge and ideas creates a place of learning, fosters creativity and breathes life into what can be made possible. To the giants I look up to here I welcome this idea with open arms and heart. I have been around talented and powerful people, but the ones who lend an olive branch to the tree of knowledge are the ones who push not only themselves but those around them to take the environment to a greater place.
Long live TeamOS :rock:

HappyCroc81

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
168.2 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Undoubtedly team os is the best forum when it comes to custom os , sharing/exchanging of thoughts/ideas will make it best of one of its kind as a forum.
????????

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
What Im suggesting is section named "OS Customization/Building" (or whatever) with 3 sub-sections "Windows", "Linux", "MAC OS", and possibly more as time goes by. Allow new threads to be added to each subsection. We have enough talented moderators who can weed out the BS and keep it "On Topic" for all sections.

On a side note, I would stay away from android, since XDA already has a well established forum in that area, not to mention phones can be a pain.

x7razor

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
550.9 GB
Uploaded
61 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11 (10)
Member for 9 years
Thanks for this i think this is a brilliant idea for everyone. I loved the builds i get here make no mistake but i think there is lots of us that wants to contribute to the OS section and want to built their own customized OS for their own machine with different needs.

But we can't due to lots of factors like sketchy info out there and some finer secrets to building and some rules here that we may not ask for any info about building :) so lets hope for the best and the powers that be allow this.

JohnCale47

Downloaded
71.4 GB
Uploaded
173.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
YES YES YEs YES ??

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
654.9 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
Oh yes! I tried several times... Failed miserably... I totally back this idea up!

Vickymann

Downloaded
44.2 GB
Uploaded
49.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
What an idea sir g

arachnoid

Downloaded
153 GB
Uploaded
316 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I remember many years ago on the Retestrak forum there were many such interesting posts giving guidance of how to produce differing editions .They had many excellent contributors which those of a certain age will have used their software releases such as the MicroXP/2K/2003 plus more portable apps and silent installs than you could shake a stick at.

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
I support the idea, but one thing should be considered. Not all, should be made public. Let me tell you guys and please do consider this, I always look for the best yes truly I am. Sharing knowledge is part of the best interest we can contribute. But, we can't ignore instances that after learning, some leave the site and create their own. There is no problem with that coz that is the nature on internet world. What is unacceptable, not only leaving the site and creating their own.. The tendency of destroying this site pushed by the feelings that their site is the best site. What I've said, might not happen but who knows?! I've been a super mod before on a site tho local cause we don't entertain foreigner. My experience for more than 20 years, would say so. ;) We must observed "reservation".

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
654.9 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
I support the idea, but one thing should be considered. Not all, should be made public. Let me tell you guys and please do consider this, I always look for the best yes truly I am. Sharing knowledge is part of the best interest we can contribute. But, we can't ignore instances that after learning, some leave the site and create their own. There is no problem with that coz that is the nature on internet world. What is unacceptable, not only leaving the site and creating their own.. The tendency of destroying this site pushed by the feelings that their site is the best site. What I've said, might not happen but who knows?! I've been a super mod before on a site tho local cause we don't entertain foreigner. My experience for more than 20 years, would say so. ;) We must observed "reservation".
My friend, you say you speak from experience and I respect that.
But, unfortunately, fundamentally disagree with you...

Knowledge should be shared. The morality or loyalty of which you speak of... How would you measure it? People creating their own sites from what they've learned here - I call it evolving. That's how people progressed through the ages.
Yes, there are ingrates... Yes, there are disgruntled... So what?
I am a member of several forums, but this is my first place to go... Do you know why? Because I trust people here (most of 'em at least ;)).

My financial situation isn't what you would call well of, more like borderline surviving. But I've been a patron here three (3) times.

As long as the site is evolving, flourishing and helpful - I'm here!

On the other note, I know several members who fell out with the founders of this site, created their own site. I'm friends with them still - and still I'm here!

I really don't know if all this rambling of mine makes any sense, I'm just pouring my thoughts as I write...

Don't let few disgruntled and dissatisfied people stop the way of expanding knowledge and progress, please!

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I support the idea, but one thing should be considered. Not all, should be made public.

I would argue that, and add, some things that one MAY deem private or an "individualized" nature, can be said in a PM.

SanMir

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
97.4 GB
Uploaded
6.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
133 (144)
Member for 5 years
I would argue that, and add, some things that one MAY deem private or an "individualized" nature, can be said in a PM.
That is good my friend.. In fact, at the start we knew both that there are also interest to give up, and protect. ;) we knew it. ;)

hamabe

: It's that time again : 。゚・ (>﹏<) ・゚。
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
435.9 GB
Uploaded
37.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
It should have been part of the core of why it came to be
TeamOS is a release group not a Modding site since we're not allowed to ask anything about modding

When TeamOS does become knowledge sharing site for Modding
TeamOS will probably receive cease & desist notice by M$
Just like that popular 18Gb Windows 10 Mod released last May

"Modding may sometimes infringe the legal rights of the copyright owner."

we could probably put those knowledge sharing section behind the verified members wall,
so we can hoodwink M$ prying eyes

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Knowledge should be always shared. Let's not lose the grip of reality here. We should not feel insecure about our level of knowledge. We are not writing an OS ourselves. If that was the case then yeah sure, we should keep some secrets for us. But we are making customized versions of existing OS software. We are modders. We use tools that are freely available on the net and let's not forget we build on the knowledge that others shared before us. No one was born and knew about those things. What if those people said, "don't share, it's bad"? we would still be in the dark.

Our winning card is not the custom OS only. Its the team spirit and mostly, the support and solutions we can provide, and that cant be copied. Now we add the information sharing. The benefits tho don't stop there. Even if people don't try it, I'm sure we will have great material for reading so others will learn how the OS really works inside and then they will help others. We can even influence some people to pick computer studies. It's not only going to be about windows. We will have sections about how to customize Linux and even how to write/compile our own TeamOS Linux after some time. We can talk about Vsphere and ESXi or proxmox. Custom Os (Windows or Linux) for NAS or media servers etc. It won't be only on how to change icons and wallpapers.

Please keep in mind that after a couple of years, this all will be of zero essence. With the way technology progress, we will have new tools, a new version of OS probably, and new ways to customize. Also consider that, if we are to start hiding things, might as well stay as we are... what's the point.

I do agree on having the section behind a small wall like verified members and above only as my friend @hamabe said above. Filtering is not hiding.

Proteus

acta non verba
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
I do agree on having the section behind a small wall like verified members and above only as my friend @hamabe said above. Filtering is not hiding.

I couldnt agree more. If we build a solid information sharing section, I wouldnt want it accessible for anyone with a "puter" on the net to just stumble upon. You should be a verified member at least, or even uploader status requirement.

We would have to keep it closely monitored, as we know how fast things in a thread get off topic quickly. Stay on point and disregard useless off topic chatter, which should be done in PM anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.