Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Something to Seriously consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
654.9 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
Knowledge should be always shared. Let's not lose the grip of reality here. We should not feel insecure about our level of knowledge. We are not writing an OS ourselves. If that was the case then yeah sure, we should keep some secrets for us. But we are making customized versions of existing OS software. We are modders. We use tools that are freely available on the net and let's not forget we build on the knowledge that others shared before us. No one was born and knew about those things. What if those people said, "don't share, it's bad"? we would still be in the dark.

Our winning card is not the custom OS only. Its the team spirit and mostly, the support and solutions we can provide, and that cant be copied. Now we add the information sharing. The benefits tho don't stop there. Even if people don't try it, I'm sure we will have great material for reading so others will learn how the OS really works inside and then they will help others. We can even influence some people to pick computer studies. It's not only going to be about windows. We will have sections about how to customize Linux and even how to write/compile our own TeamOS Linux after some time. We can talk about Vsphere and ESXi or proxmox. Custom Os (Windows or Linux) for NAS or media servers etc. It won't be only on how to change icons and wallpapers.

Please keep in mind that after a couple of years, this all will be of zero essence. With the way technology progress, we will have new tools, a new version of OS probably, and new ways to customize. Also consider that, if we are to start hiding things, might as well stay as we are... what's the point.

I do agree on having the section behind a small wall like verified members and above only as my friend @hamabe said above. Filtering is not hiding.
The voice of reason. As I've described you earlier - objective, professional, succinct...

colc07

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
24.5 GB
Uploaded
4.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I couldnt agree more. If we build a solid information sharing section, I wouldnt want it accessible for anyone with a "puter" on the net to just stumble upon. You should be a verified member at least, or even uploader status requirement.
YES I whole hardy agree, I do a lot AMS progging and used to customise XP back in the day and would LOVE to see a modders section here at TEamOS

Yash Dedhia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
677.9 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
In a better way ill say this will provide some very nice knowledge... I have never uploaded any stuff on any websites but on TeamOS atlast took some courage after being here for atleast 2years & started posting & trying to learn & find new ways.. & Team OS has some of the great uploaders with very good knowledge of stuff im sure they are willing to share to help others grow.. Inshort im in for this

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Personally speaking, I've always thought the rule was a bit silly. We have a decent number of modders and updaters here, and yet they are forbidden for talking openly about it. Like @00Proteus00, modding and updating Windows 10 and 8.1 is still fairly new to me. I am still learning as I go, yet if it was Windows XP and Vista, I could roll them out no problem. If we did away with the Rule, we could talk more freely about it, share ideas, and problem solve any issues we come across.
Other than the users I know who do this, I'm sure there are other users here who would like to learn more about it, and talk more freely about it too.
TeamOS has the best modders and builders around, so it only makes sense to be allowed to talk freely about it with other users who want to learn. :cool:

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
232.5 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Dark Wolf same thoughts here :)
but yeah i'm just the mod that are bringing more funn in the chat ...
well i can be serious also a few here knows that :)

and yes we should / could talk freelly to that subject abouth modding because when ppl use googgle then they also see it ...
so it is no secret anymore on how to moddify a windows version ...

pinkfloyder

pinkfloyder
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
387.8 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I agree wholeheartedly with this suggestion, and about time. Well done 00Proteous00!!!

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
It has certainly been on my mind to try and create my own OS, and yes I've done the google thing and basically went nowhere.

But... on my skeptic side... this could open a can of worms IE: bad OS's, people with dead PC's due to it...

Last edited:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Super Moderator
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
254 (262)
Member for 7 years
I definitely agree with you @00Proteus00

Djamalou

Downloaded
108.3 GB
Uploaded
1.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
The works already done on the OS places Team Os in the lead. This powerful idea must be implemented quickly !

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11319 (11319)
Member for 8 years
1000% yes, I mean there is no reason to hide this stuff because everything can be found on google and some other sites as well and this would surlly lower "how can I mod OS" questions

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
44.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
11319 (11319)
Member for 8 years
I have opinion on this matter. Looks like I am outnumbered and most aren't gonna like it. I have kept quiet till now so here goes. We (Staff) have discussed this topic a few times in the past. I think it will just invite newbies at modding to possibly post bad, unstable OS builds at the forum. We will need to test every new OS posted at forum. Notice I have not liked or commented on the matter at all. Rule was put in place long ago for good reason. I am all for helping people when needed. Showing people how to mod OS is just offering info that is not needed imo. We as staff are not here to start a school. LOL. It will quickly get out of control. I been around forum long enough to see it coming. How do I do this?, how do I do that? This won't work, how do I fix it? I think you understand me... Unfortunately there quite a few members that struggle even to make good threads or post in chat correctly.. Now we will encourage members to make OS and post it? No reason at all to open this can of worms. Sorry if my comments here piss anyone off. I have to speak and say my thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
I have opinion on this matter. Looks like I am outnumbered and most aren't gonna like it. I have kept quiet till now so here goes. We (Staff) have discussed this topic a few times in the past. I think it will just invite newbies at modding to possibly post bad, unstable OS builds at the forum. We will need to test every new OS posted at forum. Notice I have not liked or commented on the matter at all. Rule was put in place long ago for good reason. I am all for helping people when needed. Showing people how to mod OS is just offering info that is not needed imo. We as staff are not here to start a school. LOL. It will quickly get out of control. I been around forum long enough to see it coming. How do I do this?, how do I do that? This won't work, how do I fix it? I think you understand me... Unfortunately there quite a few members that struggle even to make good threads or post in chat correctly.. Now we will encourage members to make OS and post it? No reason at all to open this can of worms. Sorry if my comments here piss anyone off. I have to speak and say my thoughts. Thanks for listening.

I do see where you are coming from. Why not make it restrictive like you do with uploads? Like you have to be Verified or Uploader ranked to see the OS Mod section. I don't want to see random people post modded junk either. But keeping it behind wraps so no one knows how to do it isn't the best way either. Make it available, but only to those that show support and contribution to the site? That's in the staff's hands. But that's my suggestion.

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
I do see where you are coming from. Why not make it restrictive like you do with uploads? Like you have to be Verified or Uploader ranked to see the OS Mod section. I don't want to see random people post modded junk either. But keeping it behind wraps so no one knows how to do it isn't the best way either. Make it available, but only to those that show support and contribution to the site? That's in the staff's hands. But that's my suggestion.

These are 2 outstanding responses and this really stood out>>>" Like you have to be Verified or Uploader ranked to see the OS Mod section "

The rules for asking how to Mod OS's etc will stand as they are at this time no matter the poll..

However if Our current Modders see anyone with potential then its their decision to take them aside to say a PM and Guide/Tutor or Mentor them..

Note: Making great Modded OS's guarantees nothing to as far as rank goes.. Members must prove themselves resourceful in every aspect here

Last edited by a moderator:

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
50.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
What an interesting suggestion @00Proteus00 . Been in the research and development field for various educational studies and wholeheartedly agree
that knowledge shared is knowledge learned. Of course there must be restrictive measures to safeguard the community and integrity of this exceptionally
bright forum. Yet not so much to limit the scope and yes, needs, for us to advance to the next levels of development keeping us in the forefront of most
similar forums. Been deathly afraid of even attempting to mod an OS here even after an enjoyable 2 years among you, our friends and compatriots all.
So very curious, so very hesitant. Yet would love to pick your brains on how to do this and maybe eventually try our hands at it. Being a worldwide forum
and community, can you imagine the creativity that abounds to do this? An excellent idea @00Proteus00 .

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years

Your thoughts are approached and personally, I welcome any dialog forth or against. In my personal and work life, I came across and thought this argument many times. Sadly there is no single solution that fits all cases but I will add this as food for thought. We need to weight the pros and cons and then observe where the scale tilts. The points that you mentioned true as they may become are side-effects of a greater beneficial move to start sharing knowledge.

You mentioned that newbies will post bad builds: Yes, there will be some bad/incomplete builds but there will also be a lot better builds than the ones we currently have. Even now there are some builds lets say not so suitable for everyone but those evolved into more stable and efficient ones. It's a trial and error process to some extend. Having said that, I dont think the staff will need to test each and every build. Do we test every program and current windows or Linux builds posted? One solution can be that 1st-time builders can have a section to exchange/post builds with a clear sign, enter at your own risk. Some of those builds and their builders will shine and those can move forward and join the ranks of the established builders, the rest will be happy cause win or lose they tried and they learned (or learned what not to do).

You also said, "we the staff are not here to start school". The role of the builder and the role of the moderator are two separate roles and they can coexist if a person chooses so. Being an os builder doesn't stop one from also being a mod/admin. I dont see the conflict. Also, I don't think that will be based mainly on staff members even tho some staff members are modders. I'm sure the staff can fine-tune their schedule between staff time and personal time. If need be, some might not have an issue to not be staff anymore and focus on that part of the forum but in general, Staff can do their "duties" and then can focus on that section. After all, don't expect that much movement in there. Maybe at the beginning, it will generate some noise but after a while, it will subside. It's modding, after all, not coding an OS. The things one can do are finite.

As long as we plan this well, and there is no reason why we should not, based on our collective experience, I dont think it will cause issues.
Access to Verified members and above. Separate section for the first time builds with no warranties issued, People who join that group are required to agree that they will try what its there at their own risk and not expect any support, as well as the care from the established modders, will safeguard this project.

Nothing tho is set on stone and if things go south... We can always lock the section. Let's give it an honest try and see where it goes.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Nic410

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
269.3 GB
Uploaded
20.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
... I had to rely on others at other forums to guide me and teach me little secrets here and there because it
was NOT allowed here ...
..just relax the rule. And use this same " " to post. :)

pinkfloyder

pinkfloyder
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
387.8 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
These are 2 outstanding responses and this really stood out>>>" Like you have to be Verified or Uploader ranked to see the OS Mod section "

The rules for asking how to Mod OS's etc will stand as they are at this time no matter the poll..

However if Our current Modders see anyone with potential then its their decision to take them aside to say a PM and Guide/Tutor or Mentor them..

Note: Making great Modded OS's guarantees nothing to as far as rank goes.. Members must prove themselves resourceful in every aspect here
Hi

I used to have Power User status, but now no status at all. I do not understand why it is taking so long to reinstate status??? Please advise.

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
654.9 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
Hi

I used to have Power User status, but now no status at all. I do not understand why it is taking so long to reinstate status??? Please advise.
Have you filled in the apply forms for Verified and Uploader?

pinkfloyder

pinkfloyder
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
387.8 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Have you filled in the apply forms for Verified and Uploader?
Hi

I did not "apply" for my Power User status to be removed. Why should I apply for this?? It should be reinstated automatically!!

Imran Hashmi

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
89.6 GB
Uploaded
1.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
8 (3)
Member for 7 years
@pinkfloyder "Changes Made After Account Got Compromised"

And this is not a correct thread to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.