Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Seeding via Seedbox but torrent status shows not seeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Hi Team,

I have been seeding for almost 3 hours now via seedbox, but the torrent status keeps showing me as inactive. Moreover, I have uploaded at least 3+ times (2+ times seedbox, and 1 time from qbittorrent). My upload data is also not updated.

Attached snapshots are real time for example perspectives.

Notes: I have turned of qbt for more than 2 hours, but the seedbox status, time and upload count is not taken at all.

Screenshot_20210929-031554.png

Screenshot_20210929-031613.png

One more snap of seedbox after poating this issue to showcase the issue persists.

Screenshot_20210929-032957.png

Last edited:

InvisibleRasta

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
374.5 GB
Uploaded
23.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
i am not so sure about how this service you are usign works.. but shouldnt you thick this option?

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
i am not so sure about how this service you are usign works.. but shouldnt you thick this option?
Nope. That is only when you want to download/delete etc from that. It auto seeds. As you can see it is seeding. That is not relevant.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
This is the issue with the seedbox you are using (and many seedboxes actually). Let me explain while trying to avoid being too technical.

A seedbox is actually a large file server that supports many users and runs a torrent client (in the case of Debrid, its Transmission) for each of its members. The SysAdmins of those servers, know that a lot of users will often download the same file and most likely from the same source/site. As an example, let's say that there is a new Windows from Team OS that is 10 GB in size and 100 users of the Debrid want that torrent. The Seedbox has to download 100 copies X 10GB = 1 Terabyte in total size and traffic. As you can see it's not very practical and a waste of bandwidth and space to download the same file 100 times since it's the exact same file,

So what servers do is make use of a technique called Data Deduplication (some call it cashing) in one of its forms (it can be applied in many different ways). When a server uses such a process it makes sure that when 2 or more users download/store the same file, the storage keeps actually one copy stored and uses a link to the said file for each other user that needs it after that. In the above example, the server will only store the file for the first user that will ask it, and download a total of 10 GB and not 1 Terabyte, saving 99% in bandwidth, time, and space. The more users that download the same file, the higher is the cost-saving for the server.

Think of it like this:
Untitled-192a08ec77c92d138.png

The negative part is... only the first person that asked to download the torrent, will actually be a seeder. The rest can still download the file to their seedbox and their PC but can not become seeders as they are actually using the 1st downloader files. That's why even tho you have some torrents that appear as seeding on seedbox, they won't show up on the tracker list on our site, cause the tracker sees them as used by another member that made a request before you and doesn't give you or anyone else credit.

Sadly there is no way around it unless you download that torrent from the seedbox, and seed it for yourself from your own PC (or maybe another seedbox?) or Debrid changes the way they seed.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

InvisibleRasta

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
374.5 GB
Uploaded
23.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
hmm so im not so sure if the service that debrid provides should be called seedbox at all.. To my understanding what they are offering is not a seedbox service even tho it is advertised as such.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
hmm so im not so sure if the service that debrid provides should be called seedbox at all.. To my understanding what they are offering is not a seedbox service even tho it is advertised as such.
You have a fair point, tho It depends on one's definition I guess, and what each person wants.

If all you care is to use a server that can download torrents for you and then have those via a direct link, or even stream in case of audio/movies directly from the server, it is a seedbox. I personally use it, with some server scripts I made, as the middle man to send torrents directly to my google drive.

if your intention is to seed, it will probably not do the job you want. So let's call it, half a seedbox or seedbox/2 :p

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
@Cyler thanks for that info, and I agree with @InvisibleRasta that it actually is not a seedbox as such. Not just that, I ideally would not get the same seed bonus as well, based on this theory.

For this torrent in specific (Windows10 from @MniawY which I am seeding. Actually, I am the first in that seedbox as well as pure seeder, since I assisted him with his seeding due to some issue in his internet. However, just wanted to highlight this, and unless we have this as a BUG, I think we can close this out for now. :)

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
25.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
@mobi0001 For some reason, you might have thought or even appeared you were first but you were not. Sadly I can't say who it was but based on timestamps, it looks like someone else requested that torrent first. Not important really but just so we are clear on things my friend.

Thread closed as requested.

tumblr_o7ma0zYWkf1ukes1io2_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.