Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks Scan archive for viruses feature of WinRAR with Avast Antivirus

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Scan archive for viruses feature of WinRAR with Avast Antivirus

update-winrar-now-featured.md.png

This time I want to share the path, file and parameters that must be included in WinRAR so that Avast can scan the compressed files from this compressor.

For each antivirus, the configuration is different since the path, the AV executable and the parameters will change.

But as I mentioned before, this little guide is for users of Avast Antivirus in any of its versions.

To setting the "Scan archive for viruses" feature of WinRAR, you can enter the path to ashQuick.exe executable (located in avast! installation folder) into the "Virus scanner name" box, and the usual "%f" (including quotes) as the "Virus scanner parameters".

default path:
Code:
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashQuick.exe

virus scanner parameters:
Code:
"%f"

If any malware is found inside the tested archive, you'll get a message (but just one, even if multiple infected files are inside).

In the following screenshot I will show you the fields and their content.

winrar_avast.png

As you will appreciate it is very easy, but sometimes you do not know which Avast executable to point to.
That is all. :)

Vidyaarthi

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
146.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years