Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Recovered files show 0KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hi All, Im just formatted my Friend's HDD accidentally. Then i did recovery action using GetDataBack Pro. I thought the recovery done without error. But when i do some check, a lot of files show the exact name and its extension with 0KB in size. I was redoing the recovery multiple times but always show the same.
Here, the screenshots

Help me to solve this, please
Many Thanks

*Sorry for the bad english

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Is the disk an SSD? if so I'm sorry but I have bad news for you. The files cant be recovered due to how SSDs work.

SSds have a function that help them maintain their speed called TRIM. Trim is activated automatically whenever an area of a disk is marked as empty (deleting a file or format) by the OS and wipes the data and makes that area ready to be used again. You can google about TRIM. Sadly there is no solution around it.

If it's a "spindle" disk then try from command prompt to run "chkdsk /f" on the disk that has the issue and hope for the best.

Since we don't have much info, in general, a zero byte file points to corruption or failed transfer, or the MFT (Master File Table) went to byte heaven which is why you need to run chkdsk above. It may be able to pull the backup copy of MFT or correct the errors.

Best of luck.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@manelucky, it is important that you do not write anything to the disc while trying to recover data.
Several years ago I low-level formatted a mechanical hard drive on purpose I wanted to delete all of its content forever.
I was surprised using , the content was still on the disk and I was able to get it back.
If it's an HD, you don't lose anything by trying.
Best of luck.

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks
@juanamm as u said "it is important that you do not write anything to the disc while trying to recover data.". Here what i have done, After finished scan all files, i copied all the recovered files into my main HDD, then when it running out of space, I moved all the files to my friend's HDD. Then copying all remaining recovered files directly into my Friend's harddisk. (FIles that moved from my main HDD got no problem, while the files that directly moved to my friend's Harddisk got 0 KB in size with its origin name). Is this why the problem occured? and what can i do?

@Cyler It is Harddisk. and got nothing after run CHKDSK at the partition.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Thanks
...Is this why the problem occured? and what can i do?
I'm afraid so friend. :worried:
You lose nothing by trying the software that I recommended, but the chances of success are minimal.

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
You lose nothing by trying the software that I recommended, but the chances of success are minimal.
Sureeee. i will try and make a report

Im just done it with ur recommended software but it does the same as getdataback. Maybe there is any solution or explanation

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
4.9 TB
Uploaded
268 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
You may wish to look into shadow explorer. It's a free program, that allows you to go "back in time" via volume shadow copies that are ALWAYS made by windows, unless you have turned them off. It's saved my butt more than once.
A quick google will get you there.

manelucky

Downloaded
145.4 GB
Uploaded
526 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
You may wish to look into shadow explorer. It's a free program, that allows you to go "back in time" via volume shadow copies that are ALWAYS made by windows, unless you have turned them off. It's saved my butt more than once.
A quick google will get you there.
Thanks my friend. Sure, i will try and make a quick report about it

Is there anyone that have faced this problem? I had try some recovery tools but it always show 0Kb recovered files

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
331 (350)
Member for 10 years
Is there anyone that have faced this problem? I had try some recovery tools but it always show 0Kb recovered files
No one has had your problem. No one has accidentally formatted their friend HDD.. Why you do this. What did you expect?
You lost everything its seems so how the devil can anyone help you from here.. Think Bro.!!!

This better be complete when I wake...

orion999

Downloaded
50.7 GB
Uploaded
157.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
It could possibly be the permissions that were set on the files?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Before I close this, here are some facts that we all should know.

File Recovery is not magic. More or less all recovery programs will perform similarly because essentially, they do the same thing as we saw in this thread. Some might have additional functions but the core is the same. That is why all programs return the same result.

In your particular case @manelucky we can only guess and suggest because we don't have the disk in front of us to test ourself, we dont know all the steps that you did since the format, and I can't tell you over text on how to manually scan and recover a file from the raw data. There is no automation for this or press a single key and things will be back to normal. That's why Data Recovery problems request a lot of money in the market.

In my opinion, your issue is you overwrote data you were trying to recover on the same disk. That and/or the programs you used or actions you took, probably messed both master file tables as I said in my original post and so there can not be an automated recovery. Only a manual scan of each sector to locate lost NTFS Index records would work now, but with so many attempts you did with various software and the overwrites, I'm not so sure of that either.

You have 2 solutions.
1. If the files are important, send the disk to an expert and pay the price.
2. Accept the loss, format, and move on.

The thread will close and if someone has anything to add, please contact a Mod/Admin.

Thank you all for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.