Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Permanently hiding system tray icon or remove it

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarForce

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
709.3 GB
Uploaded
4.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
hilo
i want to

Permanently hiding system tray icon or remove while the progrem is working​

ther is a tol do to it windows only hide it when i click on task it show the icon i want to remove it
thenex in edvdence :h:

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
306.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Goo to Settings => Personalization => Taskbar => scroll down to the Notification area and click on the option called “Turn system icons on or off”. On the following page, simply enables or disable the system icons you want to be visible or not in the system tray…once you disable a system icon this will also deactivate its notifications ;)

StarForce

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
709.3 GB
Uploaded
4.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Goo to Settings => Personalization => Taskbar => scroll down to the Notification area and click on the option called “Turn system icons on or off”. On the following page, simply enables or disable the system icons you want to be visible or not in the system tray…once you disable a system icon this will also deactivate its notifications ;)
hi frined :h: thenx for the reply i want to remove not to hid

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
any app when minimised, itself determines if it moves to tray or stays on task bar, and to customize this behaviour go to the settings within the same app and search for minimize to system tray option and disable it.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
There is no setting to completely hide one or more specific icons on the system tray because if those icons appear or not, is controlled by the application itself. Some allow you to hide their icons and some dont. The system tray area is actually a part of the windows notification subsystem and so is not actively in control. It just shows what apps want to show.

What you can do tho is remove the tray area altogether.
  • Open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
  • Create a new 32-bit DWORD value NoTrayItemsDisplay and set the value to 1 as shown in the image below:
    Pad2zD.gif
  • Close Regedit and then sign out and log back in or restart for the changes to take effect.
    Note: this will hide ALL icons and you won't be able to access them.
  • If you want to revert the changes just open Regedit, navigate at the same location and delete the key and restart.
The only other thing I can think of is to use an alternative app launcher/dock like Nexus or Docky (google for more options) which have the option not to reveal icons at all and also hide the windows default taskbar altogether.

If there isn't anything else, we can close the thread? let us know.

Last edited:

StarForce

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
709.3 GB
Uploaded
4.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
cen you show how to do it for one progrem?
There is no setting to completely hide one or more specific icons on the system tray because if those icons appear or not, is controlled by the application itself. Some allow you to hide their icons and some dont. The system tray area is actually a part of the windows notification subsystem and so is not actively in control. It just shows what apps want to show.

What you can do tho is remove the tray area altogether.
  • Open Regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
  • Create a new 32-bit DWORD value NoTrayItemsDisplay and set the value to 1 as shown in the image below:
    Pad2zD.gif
  • Close Regedit and then sign out and log back in or restart for the changes to take effect.
    Note: this will hide ALL icons and you won't be able to access them.
  • If you want to revert the changes just open Regedit, navigate at the same location and delete the key and restart.
The only other thing I can think of is to use an alternative app launcher/dock like Nexus or Docky (google for more options) which have the option not to reveal icons at all and also hide the windows default taskbar altogether.

If there isn't anything else, we can close the thread? let us know.
hi
thenex for the reply
cen you shoe do it for one progrem only?>

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
hi
thenex for the reply
cen you shoe do it for one progrem only?>
As I and others said it can not happen for 1 program only because this is not controlled from windows. Either the program you use can hide its own icon or it can't.

Wish there was a solution for you.
The thread will close as there is nothing else to add. If you need this reopened talk to a mod/admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.