Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Direct OTVDM Installer

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
SI0rD.jpg

It's no secret that with 64-bit Windows, you cannot run 16-bit Windows software. It just can't be done. However, as you can see here, I'm doing just that, with full theme support even!

The trick is OTVDM. The issue I find for most people though, is properly setting up OTVDM is challenging and not easy (let alone being able to double click .exe's from Windows Explorer), however I was able to come up with a solution that allows you to do just that, and it hooks into how Windows handles .exe's for different architectures.

I wrote an installer which automates this process for you and will let you run *most* of your older 16-bit Windows software on your modern machine. This is beneficial if you have software that you use on your vintage computers, and may want to retain compatibility with working with them on the modern OS. (It can be easily enabled and disabled via Start Menu items, on the fly without requiring reboots, so it can in theory survive major Windows updates, requiring you to only re-activate it).

I have tested it on Windows 10 build 1809 and 1903. Once you install it, go into Start, and look for the Hakemon folder, and select Enable. It'll add hooks into the registry. From there it should just work right away. If you want to remove those hooks, I included a Disable option which removes those entries and will remove 16-bit support.
Compatibility so far is.......it works and it, kinda works. Some apps don't work though at all. I was able to get though Voetra MIDI Orchestra working, AND it interfaced with USB MIDI hardware! Which is pretty damn impressive in my opinion considering USB didn't exist in Windows 3.11, so that might be OTVDM hooking into MIDI itself as an interface.

Thanks to Mike MacEachern from Vintage PC Enthusiasts for this awesome tool!

VirusTotal Results:

Direct Download from my Gdrive:

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I'm gonna give this a shot, I do have an older game that is hard to run... I hope this helps! Thanks @Astro

BarryXDAOT

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
28.5 GB
Uploaded
5.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 5 years
Thanks brother ! I will try it for some older games !

Manoj dksw

Downloaded
7.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
:)
Old is Gold

CzechShark

Silent Helper
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
38.5 GB
Uploaded
65.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
248 (0)
Member for 5 years
Can always count on you to bring us a nice relic

anonymuos

Downloaded
4.3 GB
Uploaded
6.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
What about the installer on OTVDM's homepage on Columbia dot edu? Is it the same installer?