Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked networkservice using up my bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
You say that you don't think that is your internet connection but you haven't the information asked for so that we can give you our opinion.

I say again, please provide screen captures of several internet speed tests. Go to the web sites of the games that are causing problems and, if possible, get their internet speed requirements.

Perhaps your PC is not sufficiently powerful to run the version of Windows that you are currently using?

What PC are you using? Do you know what processor it has and how much memory? Do you have a separate graphics card? If not then the extra load on the main CPU won't help.

Which version of Windows are you using? Is it Pro, Home etc. Which version is it? Is it a full version or a customised version from TeamOS?

You have given us your opinions. Now please answer all these questions so that we have the infomation to form our own opinions.

I'll do the internet tests and upload,

My PC rig : is RTX 3090 24GB
i7 10700K
64 GB ram windows 10 home 20H2 (official ISO)

My PC is strong enough.
I'm pretty sure something is eating my internet. I still think it's windows update because even after doing a lot of things to disable windows update, I still get the notification when i start or restart my PC

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
What I do when I see a process downloading a lot of data, I don´t know what it is and I want it to stop... is to block the connections using a software called netbalancer.
It works like a charm.
I suppose besides that one a few other tools like glassware may help with that?

I'll try that software. thank you

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I'll try that software. thank you
I think it's working. no update notification so far :D thanks

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
besides windows update if you still think windows 10 is updating something then it most probably is microsoft store is downloading app updates. My store downloads updates even after I disable auto update download in store settings

It stopped only after disabling Background Intelligent transfer service and delivery optimixation service. Maybe this will help pin point your problem, or maybe not

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
besides windows update if you still think windows 10 is updating something then it most probably is microsoft store is downloading app updates. My store downloads updates even after I disable auto update download in store settings

It stopped only after disabling Background Intelligent transfer service and delivery optimixation service. Maybe this will help pin point your problem, or maybe not

i don't know. but i did completely disable microsoft store following a post in reddit.

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@Unnyz:
It seems to me that you are still guessing at the cause of your problem and trying fixes without really knowing what the problem is.

Have you done any speed tests yet?

I suggest that you try AppNetworkCounter from Nirsoft. It will show you all the apps on your system that use the internet. It will show you how much data each sends & receives, when it last ran and much more. If a process is transferring a significant amount of data on a regular basis then AppNetworkCounter should point you in the right direction.

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
@Unnyz This thread is now 2 pages long for a problem that seems to be minimal and not even abnormal from what you have posted, which brings me to this point, you still haven't shown anyone here an instance of the "problem". I'm keeping an eye on this and putting an end to it soon if you don't show up and put up something to work with here. This isn't a communal game of guess who.

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
netbalancer worked. I limited the upload and download priority of those abnormal apps that appeared in netbalancer and it worked. I'm not getting ping spikes anymore :D

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
As I can see, you are satisfied here @Unnyz , I will close and lock this thread now, Thanks to all the helped here!

Status
Not open for further replies.