Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked networkservice using up my bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
something seems to be eating my bandwidth and causing ping spikes when I play online games. I checked network in resource monitor and found the following 2 things using highest bandwidth (like super high in "Send" and "receive" section)
1. svchost.exe (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation -p)
2. svchost.exe (NetworkService -p)

can someone tell me what these are or how to fix this?

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10982 (10982)
Member for 8 years
Did you even Google these and get description and more info? Instead of creating thread for this?

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
These Are Microsoft Services, Must Be Related to Windows Update. That's y It is taking Your bandwidth. You can use GlassWire For More Specific Network Usage Logs Of Your System.

I did disable it using some tweaks. still manages to creep in. cant figure out how to permanently stop it

Did you even Google these and get description and more info? Instead of creating thread for this?

i did. i didn't understand what exactly is causing it. so i decided to ask here and some other websites

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
In Latest Window's 2004 Update I Think It's Impossible. Even I Tried Disabling The Windows Update Services it automatically turns on after some restarts. This Was Not Problem In Old Builds. I Think You Need To Use Some Tools For This. Search In "Security Tools" Thread In here. Hope You Get Some.
i found winaero tweaker. i used that. still sometimes update creeps in

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
microsoft is hellbent on disabling the disable windows update option. They are enforcing patches that wont let you disable windows updates. In the beginning microsoft gave us control of the fetures but now they are slowly taking it away.

KB4023057 The aim of the Medicines is to address issues that have been preventing some people from upgrading to newer versions of Windows 10, and also override any blocks that users have put in place to stop feature updates from being installed.

Microsoft is trying to install this on my system, but I won't let it cause if I do I may not be able to disable windows update.

Try uninstalling this update and restart your pc and see if it helps.

Other than that download a custom windows 10 with update removed or diabled or hidden

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
microsoft is hellbent on disabling the disable windows update option. They are enforcing patches that wont let you disable windows updates. In the beginning microsoft gave us control of the fetures but now they are slowly taking it away.

KB4023057 The aim of the Medicines is to address issues that have been preventing some people from upgrading to newer versions of Windows 10, and also override any blocks that users have put in place to stop feature updates from being installed.

Microsoft is trying to install this on my system, but I won't let it cause if I do I may not be able to disable windows update.

Other than that download a custom windows 10 with update removed or diabled or hidden

ya. the problem is they're forcing update when they want instead of allowing us to download the update for example overnight. when i used windows 8.1, i used to do like that. after playing games and doing all the online stuff, i used to keep for update windows overnight. It was more convenient.

I tried a custom OS as well from here itself. but my games also seems to have some issues running in it as well.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I think I know where your problem is. Try what the image below shows, and if it works I can explain why it worked.

mmc_2021-01-11_00-39-10.jpg

Do in the order you see in the image
1. Run services
2. Find SSDP and then double click
3. Select disable
4. Press Stop
5. Apply and ok.
We will wait for your answer if this fixed your issue.

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I think I know where your problem is. Try what the image below shows, and if it works I can explain why it worked.

1. Run services
3. Select disable
4. Press Stop
5. Apply and ok.
I've followed the steps.
I will report back after using for a day to see if i still get ping spikes

1. Run services
3. Select disable
4. Press Stop
5. Apply and ok.

seems to have worked for svchost.exe (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation -p)
but svchost.exe (NetworkService -p) still using bandwidth. but not as high as before.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
seems to have worked for svchost.exe (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation -p)
but svchost.exe (NetworkService -p) still using bandwidth. but not as high as before.
One step at a time so we know which solution did what :p

Now moving on to the second issue. Do the same as the above step but this time find the service named delivery optimization.

2021-01-11_10-20-06.jpg

A couple of questions if I may.
1 Do you have the PC on a network with other PCs?
2. If yes is any of them windows 7 (with media center on)

Let us know how it went.

Last edited:

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
have u tried this?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
have u tried this?

First of all, this is the opposite of the problem the user has. This one is for when you use too much internet and need to update windows, while he has the reverse problem which is SSDP and DoSvc use too much internet.

Actually, if you set it to zero it will make things worse. It's a myth that it reserves bandwidth. What it does is IN CASE your internet is in FULL USE, AND CONCURRENTLY if windows need an update, the update will use ONLY 20% of the bandwidth to download. That way you can still use the net and watch youtube WHILE windows downloads updates. Its actually a windows update limiter setting that you set to zero which means use whatever you can and not the 20%.

If you set it to zero, windows update will use more bandwidth when you concurrently use the internet as it will "fight" for bandwidth and the net balancer will make it go to 50% of the bandwidth or more, similar to when you download 2 files, they split your bandwidth in half. Needless to say, it doesn't work at all when there are no updates to download or one has the updates disabled.

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
First of all, this is the opposite of the problem the user has. This one is for when you use too much internet and need to update windows, while he has the reverse problem which is SSDP and DoSvc use too much internet.

Actually, if you set it to zero it will make things worse. It's a myth that it reserves bandwidth. What it does is IN CASE your internet is in FULL USE, AND CONCURRENTLY if windows need an update, the update will use ONLY 20% of the bandwidth to download. That way you can still use the net and watch youtube WHILE windows downloads updates. Its actually a windows update limiter setting that you set to zero which means use whatever you can and not the 20%.

If you set it to zero, windows update will use more bandwidth when you concurrently use the internet as it will "fight" for bandwidth and the net balancer will make it go to 50% of the bandwidth or more, similar to when you download 2 files, they split your bandwidth in half. Needless to say, it doesn't work at all when there are no updates to download or one has the updates disabled.
ohh ok i misunderstood. but i get it now.. i guess im reading about mythical secrets :D

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I've followed the steps.
I will report back after using for a day to see if i still get ping spikes

it's still happening . both svc hosts are still active

One step at a time so we know which solution did what :p

Now moving on to the second issue. Do the same as the above step but this time find the service named delivery optimization.

2021-01-11_10-20-06.jpg

A couple of questions if I may.
1 Do you have the PC on a network with other PCs?
2. If yes is any of them windows 7 (with media center on)

Let us know how it went.

When i try to disable deliveryoptimisation, i get a n error saying "Access Denied"

I have phones and a smart tv using the same internet but no other computers

dOpeify

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
267.2 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
it's still happening . both svc hosts are still active

When i try to disable deliveryoptimisation, i get a n error saying "Access Denied"

I have phones and a smart tv using the same internet but no other computers
if u go thru registry editor you can disable it. im not saying to do it. im just telling you how.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DoSvc

change the START entry to 4 to disable

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
Not to be crass but something is bugging me... @Unnyz you haven't given any specific metrics of how much bandwidth svchost is eating,or when this problem actually occurs. (is this actually abnormal...?)
Is it all the time?
Is it only during certain periods of when you use specific software/games?
You haven't shown a screen shot of an instance of this problem.
Like I said, not trying to be the bad guy here but no one can see through your fiber mate. Put something up for the members here to see and comment on and try to help you. If not I don't want to see friends of mine waste their time and effort chasing a white rabbit for the next two weeks just to find tweedle dee and tweetle dum.

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Not to be crass but something is bugging me... @Unnyz you haven't given any specific metrics of how much bandwidth svchost is eating,or when this problem actually occurs. (is this actually abnormal...?)
Is it all the time?
Is it only during certain periods of when you use specific software/games?
You haven't shown a screen shot of an instance of this problem.
@Skip1 makes some very good points.

@Unnyz, So far everyone has simply gone along with your idea that you have a Windows problem. But perhaps your internet connection is simply not fast enough for the games you want to play?

My first though when I read this thread was which games are you talking about, so tell us which games you are having problems with. Do those games specify how much bandwidth they need to run properly? If they do then tell us that too.

How fast is your internet connection? Run some speed tests using some of the many free speed test sites. I suggest that you try at least two different sites. Post screen shots of the results for us to see.

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years

@Unnyz, So far everyone has simply gone along with your idea that you have a Windows problem. But perhaps your internet connection is simply not fast enough for the games you want to play?

My first though when I read this thread was which games are you talking about, so tell us which games you are having problems with. Do those games specify how much bandwidth they need to run properly? If they do then tell us that too.

How fast is your internet connection? Run some speed tests using some of the many free speed test sites. I suggest that you try at least two different sites. Post screen shots of the results for us to see.

I don't think it's my internet because I've been using windows 8.1 with this same internet and never had this problem with games. For example Apex Legends.
and after upgrading to windows 10, this started happening. I'm not100% sure if it's windows update but I do get the updating screen when I turn on my laptop sometimes (even after disabling it using winaero tweaker). my internet speed is 2 to 5 mbps

Unnyz

Downloaded
15 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years

the games I'm talking about is Apex Legends, Pubg mobile (emulator) , Valorant .

I'm getting the same random ping spikes in all of these. sometimes it lasts for a second. sometimes it lasts for 1 or 2 mins. sometimes it's so high that I get disconnected from the game. youtube resolution also gets lowered sometimes in between

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I don't think it's my internet because I've been using windows 8.1 with this same internet and never had this problem with games. For example Apex Legends.
and after upgrading to windows 10, this started happening. I'm not100% sure if it's windows update but I do get the updating screen when I turn on my laptop sometimes (even after disabling it using winaero tweaker). my internet speed is 2 to 5 mbps
You say that you don't think that is your internet connection but you haven't the information asked for so that we can give you our opinion.

I say again, please provide screen captures of several internet speed tests. Go to the web sites of the games that are causing problems and, if possible, get their internet speed requirements.

Perhaps your PC is not sufficiently powerful to run the version of Windows that you are currently using?

What PC are you using? Do you know what processor it has and how much memory? Do you have a separate graphics card? If not then the extra load on the main CPU won't help.

Which version of Windows are you using? Is it Pro, Home etc. Which version is it? Is it a full version or a customised version from TeamOS?

You have given us your opinions. Now please answer all these questions so that we have the infomation to form our own opinions.

Tabloid

Downloaded
7.4 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
What I do when I see a process downloading a lot of data, I don´t know what it is and I want it to stop... is to block the connections using a software called netbalancer.
It works like a charm.
I suppose besides that one a few other tools like glassware may help with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.