Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Microsoft starts to enforce feature updates on Windows 10 version 1809

Devices that run Windows 10 version 1809 will soon be upgraded to a newer version of Microsoft's operating system according to release information on Microsoft's Docs website.

Microsoft releases two feature updates per year and supports these for 18 months on consumer devices. Enterprise customers who install the second feature update of a year will receive 30 months of support but also only 18 months of support for the first feature update of any given year.
Windows 10 version 1809 support ends on November 10, 2020 and devices that still run that version of Windows 10 after the November 2020 Medicines Tuesday will not receive any security updates anymore.

Microsoft started to push new feature updates to Windows 10 version 1809 devices in June 2020. The company plans to increase the forced roll-out of the updates in the coming weeks and months provided that updates are not blocked on these devices.
In June we will slowly restart initiating feature updates for devices running Windows 10, version 1809 (the October 2018 Update) Home and Pro editions, in advance of the delayed November 10, 2020 end of service date to provide adequate time for a closely monitored and smooth update process, to keep those devices supported and receiving the monthly updates that are critical to device security and ecosystem health.

The selected feature update seems to be Windows 10 version 2004, the latest feature update for Windows 10 at the time of writing. While it may make sense on paper to upgrade users to the latest version, as it ensures that the next feature update does not need to be enforced in a couple of months, it is problematic because of all the issues of that particular version of Windows 10.
Alternatives

Windows administrators may run manual updates as well on devices running Windows 10 version 1809. An upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909 ensures support until May 2021 on home systems, and it may be the better choice if stability is of prime concern. Windows 10 version 2004, just for comparison's sake, is supported until December 2021.

The manual upgrade option is also the only option for devices that cannot be upgraded using Windows Update. If the feature update is not offered via Windows Update, administrators need to update manually by downloading an ISO image or using tools such as the Media Creation Tool to create installation media.

Credit of ghacks

Cumulonimbus

Weatherman
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
225.3 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (8)
Member for 10 years
I use 20H2 19042.330 with no issues

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
I use 20H2 19042.330 with no issues
Lots of builds using 1809 around here, figured it would be a good time to start ringing some bells :wait:

arismfg

Downloaded
14.6 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
What about windows 10 2004 update for systems that were blocked due to issues? Any update on that? Has been 2 months now.

Gollapudi

No time for myself due to work load
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.1 TB
Uploaded
429.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
843 (830)
Member for 7 years
yep this kind of moving to upper version happened...this year i had installed 1803 after the update it just upgraded to 1903 its seems likewise for 1809
thanks for the info

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
What about windows 10 2004 update for systems that were blocked due to issues? Any update on that? Has been 2 months now.
How to fix compatibility holds in Windows 10 (this may apply to you -- I wouldn't force anything unless you are absolutely hell bent on updating) ***Links have been removed use google for driver searches ;)

The current list of compatibility holds and their possible resolutions.
Computability Hold Resolution
Certain Intel iGPU drivers Possible updated driver locations: Intel
Realtek Bluetooth radios Possible updated driver locations: Microsoft Catalog
Conexant ISST Audio or Conexant HDAudio Driver N/A
Conexant HDAudio Drivers N/A
GameInput Redistributable Uninstall GameInput Redistributable
Thunderbolt docks Possible updated driver locations: Intel
Always On, Always Connected devices Wait for Microsoft
Conflicting aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys drivers Wait for Microsoft
Nvidia display adapters (GPU) older than version 358.00 Download the latest driver from NVIDIA
Memory Integrity security feature Disable Memory Integrity security feature

Last edited:

arismfg

Downloaded
14.6 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
How to fix compatibility holds in Windows 10 (this may apply to you -- I wouldn't force anything unless you are absolutely hell bent on updating) ***Links have been removed use google for driver searches ;)

The current list of compatibility holds and their possible resolutions.
Computability Hold Resolution
Certain Intel iGPU drivers Possible updated driver locations: Intel
Realtek Bluetooth radios Possible updated driver locations: Microsoft Catalog
Conexant ISST Audio or Conexant HDAudio Driver N/A
Conexant HDAudio Drivers N/A
GameInput Redistributable Uninstall GameInput Redistributable
Thunderbolt docks Possible updated driver locations: Intel
Always On, Always Connected devices Wait for Microsoft
Conflicting aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys drivers Wait for Microsoft
Nvidia display adapters (GPU) older than version 358.00 Download the latest driver from NVIDIA
Memory Integrity security feature Disable Memory Integrity security feature

Thanks for the detailed info. Yes, there is no reason changing settings just to bypass the update being blocked. I was asking if they are going to release a fixed update soon or if they have fixed it.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for the detailed info. Yes, there is no reason changing settings just to bypass the update being blocked. I was asking if they are going to release a fixed update soon or if they have fixed it.
What @skip1 meant is that unless you and/or the developers, update the drivers for those devices, assuming you have one, you won't get the 2004 and with a good reason. It will most likely crash upon installation. MS changed the driver model to tighten security and a lot of older drivers fail hence the needed updates.

So don't think as a bypass but rather as a needed step.

arismfg

Downloaded
14.6 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
What @skip1 meant is that unless you and/or the developers, update the drivers for those devices, assuming you have one, you won't get the 2004 and with a good reason. It will most likely crash upon installation. MS changed the driver model to tighten security and a lot of older drivers fail hence the needed updates.

So don't think as a bypass but rather as a needed step.

I see. I will try find updated graphics drivers first then. Can try system restore if it fails. I like to keep uptodate with windows versions. Its is my second system being blocked anyway. My main system works ok with 2004.

RXR-D

Downloaded
17.6 GB
Uploaded
173.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
So even the LTSC 2019 (1809) branch is not going to be excluded out of these forced updates?