Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Looking for antivirus/malware/whatever replacement (Android)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LodeUnknown

Downloaded
21.8 GB
Uploaded
45.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
So after doing some testing, I determined that McAfee on my phone will always be a battery eater no matter how much I configure it not to. I have washed my hands of it on the mobile scene (keeping it desktop wise tho), and though one user on another forum recommended bitdefender free, im looking for a McAfee Mobile alt that wont eat my battery from 100% to 70% in 8 hours of inactivity

Any recommendations android security wise that have threads and links here? I tried looking, but im wiped after doing some non-stop yard work at my home and my grandmother's, and the sandman beckons

Yash Dedhia

Power User
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
139.4 GB
Uploaded
679.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
You use any antivirus it will constantly run in background in your phone as it will check & periodically do scanning.. which will cause battery to drop no matter what.. Android doesnot need any antivirus if you keep downloading stuff from playstore & genuine sites rather than some cracked application or unknown sources you should be doing fine..

LauRoman

Downloaded
6.5 GB
Uploaded
168.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
unless you are in an enterprise environment, you should probably stay way from any such crappy mobile security software. Just use a device that gets regular security updates (or that you can install an OS that gets regular security updates, LineageOS or whatever if the OEM rarely provides updates)

Security software on phones does not have that many deep OS permissions, so it is pretty useless, compared to something that is managed.

No security accounts for pebkac issues if you override prompts to stop you from installing non-store apps, on a device that is not locked down by the it dept.

And again, there is no way to have constant protection on a device without said program constantly using power. Having a more locked down user and a more up-to-date OS are better choices.

You really can't eat your cake and have it too.

Mr. Spacely

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10970 (10970)
Member for 8 years