Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Locked with Bit Locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeking

Downloaded
11.8 GB
Uploaded
4.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Hello. I have a Dell laptop that had a problem with the hard disk. I took it to some technician to restore some data that I need. He requested a huge amount to restore but I did not accept. I took it to another technician where he managed to get an image of the data on the disk. Unfortunately, it was bit locker locked.
I tried recovery applications but of no use since it is locked by Bit Locker. Knowing that I did not use Bit locker for this laptop.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
Thank in advance.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
Man this isnt chit chat and were those technicians stupid????????????????

And whose laptop is it btw..

Zeeking

Downloaded
11.8 GB
Uploaded
4.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
It is my laptop. I think the first one may locked it on purpose to force me to come back to him.

Uncle Mac

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
305.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
333 (352)
Member for 10 years
It is my laptop. I think the first one may locked it on purpose to force me to come back to him.
Take it back to him or get dell support.. Or trash the drive if you got your data and get new drive... they are cheap

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Without knowing more technical details I only have bad news sadly.
Since its a laptop especially, if Bitlocker was used with TPM it's impossible to break. Bitlocker is activated by default with Dell laptops if the user signs in with an MS account or in an azure active directory and you had to manually switch it off which as it shows you didn't.

In General, Bitlocker is virtually unbreakable via brute force, and no matter what they will tell you don't expect to get anything out of there, especially without the original disk. Once the data got moved out of the PC/Original disk, not much that can be done.

There might be a chance if you can reconnect with your original MS account from other PC/windows while having the disk connected to that PC, but not if TPM was used. Better contact DELL directly.

Bad news, but better to know the truth.

PS
TMP is a special chip inside your laptop that provides unique per device Cryptographic keys and anything that binds with the TPM, can not be used anywhere else.

Last edited:

Zeeking

Downloaded
11.8 GB
Uploaded
4.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Without knowing more technical details I only have bad news sadly.
Since its a laptop especially, if Bitlocker was used with TPM it's impossible to break. Bitlocker is activated by default with Dell laptops if the user signs in with an MS account or in an azure active directory and you had to manually switch it off which as it shows you didn't.

In General, Bitlocker is virtually unbreakable via brute force, and no matter what they will tell you don't expect to get anything out of there, especially without the original disk. Once the data got moved out of the PC/Original disk, not much that can be done.

There might be a chance if you can reconnect with your original MS account from other PC/windows while having the disk connected to that PC, but not if TPM was used. Better contact DELL directly.

Bad news, but better to know the truth.
Thank you very much. I will try with Dell.

Mirkec

Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
āœ… Verified Member
Downloaded
57.6 GB
Uploaded
16 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count