Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Linux distribution tutorial based on Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
Good evening friends ,

It’s since I’ve been a member here I never wanted to ask for fear
tell me you know you can go and see elsewhere; because I have the impression that no one wants to explain or help people
who need help on linux and some people god knows it's been years what a pity to figure it out,
but hey I know the TeamOs is still quite polite :)

but I can tell the difference between people who don't want to make the effort to understand and those
to whom he fake chewing the work and those who will pay to have linux installed.

so I was wondering if one or more people from the Staff could meet to concoct a little tutorial for us,

in writing or even an explanatory video of an installation of AàZ

for example here it was you who had to install a distribution based on Ubuntu

How would you proceed from A to Z

Put the system in French if it is not in French

Terminal etc etc

on some command line for beginners e.g. for Ubuntu-based distributions

command line: copy
command line: paste
command line to delete
command line to rename

software which I think everyone would like to install:
- Jdownloader
- Printer
- WinRAR
- a VPN
- Browser
- Java
- VirtualBox
- Mame
- DosBox

after I thought I understood that there are Wine and PlayOnLinux but also I do not understand anything

could we have a command line to install: Wine and PlayOnLinux and how to use it, or even a video to also have an example

this would be a great tutorial for us linux beginners

and that would allow TeamOs to stand out from other Boards at least I think and I would be very grateful to you.

Thank you :)

P.S: hoping I wasn't awkward

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Hello, lordofheaven.

Allow me to explain some things and maybe then, you will understand more as to why in my opinion this request of yours is extremely unlikely to happen.

First of all, tho we do operate an online board, the goal of this board is to freely exchange programs and info about those programs. We operate under the assumption that users have an understanding of how things work in their respective fields, or know how to search for such knowledge, and just come here to get the software needed. Our main task is not to educate regardless of the fact that some people are well suited to do that. To give you a small example think if the people who download photoshop, also wanted us to create a graphic design or photography guide, or those who download programming languages wanted to teach them how to create programs.

Second and speaking by experience, most questions in the computer field might be short, but an adequate answer is most often, extremely long. Specifically for what you requested the task for someone to write from scratch an entire guide on how to use Linux especially for the novice which means it will require a lot of explanation not of the commands themselves, but for the concepts/theory behind them, is simply enormous and it will take from few weeks to months to complete.

For example, I can tell you in one line the command sequence to format a hard disk (fdisk, mkfs, mount) but to explain what the filing systems ext3, raizerfs, etc are, and which one should be used where, or how partitions work, etc, will take several pages.

Furthermore, the internet is full of any type and level guides about Linux, either in video, web page, or pdf format, and cover anything, from simple internet-home use to how to make a server farm with multiple PCs. What is the point to write one more?

I'm sure if you will ask assistance on finding such guides (we got some good ones here) will be more fruitful for you than hoping one will write a guide, especially for such a large subject.

Last edited:

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
good evening @Cyler ,

How are you ,

I have just taken note of your message and I understand it perfectly.

but yes I would be delighted to have help in the form of video or pdf etc etc,

thank you .

Jai Kishan

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.5 GB
Uploaded
1.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
maybe the below link link will help or maybe not, feel free to try it

lordofheaven

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9 GB
Uploaded
492 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
thanks to you @Jai Kishan

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
654.9 GB
Uploaded
65.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
7 (7)
Member for 7 years
@lordofheaven
Hi, I'm just a tier-one Linux user. That means that I have been dabbling and flirting with Linux, but never married one.
So, from my perspective, what you're asking is impossible.
First of all - a distro. That is such a global term that it's almost incomprehensible. You say Linux, but what does that mean? Debian (granddaddy, steady as hell, but with older, hard proven software), over Ubuntu (based on Debian), Ubuntu forks (like Mint or Zorin) through to Arch (always rolling and bleeding-edge - totally different philosophy to Debian).
Installing? Installing Arch is pain beyond comparison if you don't know what you're doing (there are Arch-based Linux distros like Manjaro that are GUI and much more understandable), installing for e.g. Mint is a breeze. You can install Linux through command line or GUI installer (for e.g. Calamares), but there are several.
Flavors? Don't even start there...
Tiling? I3? Wayland? - Dude, for a beginner - don't go there.

In short, do as Cyler suggests. Watch youtube, try and learn, but take baby steps. One could make a doctorate from what you're asking.

P.S. I've deliberately not mentioned RedHat, Gentoo, independent, etc. 'cause have never tried one, but just so you know - the above mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg...

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Over a month since last respond... Obviously all good! Closed, locked and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.