Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Laptop Bios password forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin.chabukswar

Banned
Downloaded
3.5 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Please help me to reset or creak a bios password.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
Moved to help & request. Good luck!

sachin.chabukswar

Banned
Downloaded
3.5 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
I have surface pro 7 , which bios password I had forgot

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Surface-Pro-5-bios-password-removal

If you have the equipment to read out the bios and post, those modders there can likely help.

Else, nope.

Good lucky.

Proteus

acta non verba
âš¡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
207 GB
Uploaded
35.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (229)
Member for 5 years
Another option:

1- Remove battery.
2- Open laptop case.
3- Remove CMOS battery (usually a CR2032 disc battrery - coin shaped) for 15 minutes.
4- After 15 minutes, press and hold power button for 10 seconds.
5- Re-insert CMOS battery, close laptop case (if necessary) and re-try boot. You WILL have to setup the BIOS again as it will be reset to factory settings (usually).

EDIT:

In the event you have an INTERNAL charging battery instead of an external, you may need to disconnect the clip from battery to motherboard, just remember to re-attatch it afterwards.

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 3 years
if you are part of an enterprise that has the uefi password control under domain environment, you can contact your IT admin if you have lost or forgotten uefi password. else, you should try windows password recovery tool.
1. launch the resetting tool on another pc instead of the surface pro and insert a usb drive click burn to create necessary bootable reset disk
2. when its ready eject from the computer and switch to surface pro, start the laptop and hold volume-down button then quickly press the power button, release the volume-down button when you see surface logo so it should boot from the password reset disk
3. after you successfully enter windows password recovery interface, decide your windows installation then the user account, you can choose whether to remove or reset password on surface pro.
let us know if it this works.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
233.8 GB
Uploaded
31.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
Another option:

1- Remove battery.
2- Open laptop case.
3- Remove CMOS battery (usually a CR2032 disc battrery - coin shaped) for 15 minutes.
4- After 15 minutes, press and hold power button for 10 seconds.
5- Re-insert CMOS battery, close laptop case (if necessary) and re-try boot. You WILL have to setup the BIOS again as it will be reset to factory settings (usually).

EDIT:

In the event you have an INTERNAL charging battery instead of an external, you may need to disconnect the clip from battery to motherboard, just remember to re-attatch it afterwards.
my friend you are correct "this is the only way on how to reset password in bios "
also on the motherboard there should be a black button that you can press to reset the bios program ...
we call this the shortcut proces because you need to know the original settings from the bios (from the firm / company ) ....

FishAping

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
342.7 GB
Uploaded
61.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
not all laptops .....removing the cmos battery will work ....when it does work it can take mins to 48 hours or more depending on make ...
some need a service plug to be used in one of the ports.......
some the only way is to short out certain pin on the bios chip ......
some have a test point on mother board that need to be shorted ........
hope this helps

adek123

Downloaded
4.9 GB
Uploaded
5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
not all laptops .....removing the cmos battery will work ....when it does work it can take mins to 48 hours or more depending on make ...
some need a service plug to be used in one of the ports.......
some the only way is to short out certain pin on the bios chip ......
some have a test point on mother board that need to be shorted ........
hope this helps
i agree its called jumper!!!

Downloaded
86 GB
Uploaded
83.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
this here been great for me helping access bios if your locked out

asdetu

Downloaded
6.5 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
remove the battery, wait 15 minutes etc etc methods will not work. Those methods used to work.

i had the same problem too. pc Lenovo G50.

First of all, try this method: Keep the warranty certificate with you, contact customer service. they will assist you. You need to prove that the computer belongs to you.

Method 2: You bought the computer from a friend, you do not have any documents to prove it, etc.. In this case, you need the ch341a apparatus. With this device, you can read the bios chip, delete its content, and reprint files. Search the internet for the bios .bin and EC menu files suitable for your computer. There are websites for this.

exactly how to do it, how to use the ch341a apparatus, etc. all are available on the internet. If there is something you cannot do, I will try to help.

The second method is also a very dangerous method. In my first experience, I wrote the wrong file to the bios chip and the computer became unbootable. I said oh my. but then I found the right file and got rid of the bios password.

Method 3: Outsourcing the bios chip.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
remove the battery, wait 15 minutes etc etc methods will not work. ...
For this specific case I agree with these comments, it will not work. :shake:

Specific help has already been provided for this case and OP hasn't logged in for +18 days!
If I were a Moderator (which I am not) I would have closed this thread days ago. :nod:

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
Thia happened to me so many times that I remove the BIOS password itself. Lol.
Anyhow, what Proteus suggested is the exact way. Just an FYI, some 2013 and earlier models may have you reset the password only after the battery and CMOS is removed for at least 20+ minutes. For some weird reason one of my friend who has a 2005 model does that.

Downloaded
315.6 GB
Uploaded
2.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Very easy simple website has every Laptop Bios unlock code completely free!
This happened to me and i found this website that provides you with the password code to get in for free. It takes 5 seconds. The laptop will provide you with a key number after 3 failed attempts, you plug that number in for your brand of laptop, hit enter, and it generates the unlock code! I typed that series of numbers in and boom i was in my bios. Completely free, fast, and simple.
The site is (www) BiOSBUG (dot com)

Status
Not open for further replies.