Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked I need a software who helps me to convert mp3 to smf

Status
Not open for further replies.

billionto

Downloaded
5.4 GB
Uploaded
3.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I need a software for windows 7 which helps me to convert mp3 file to simple midi file (SMF) offline.

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10968 (10968)
Member for 8 years
Maybe AudaCity?

shivamthak28

Downloaded
8.5 GB
Uploaded
11.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Try FormatFactory.

Eminescu33

Downloaded
29.7 GB
Uploaded
8.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Avid Pro Tools export midi files as .smf extension !

Mr. Spacely

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
153.9 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
10968 (10968)
Member for 8 years
Try FormatFactory.

Omg yes, I totaly forgot about FF, I've used it few times it's good

billionto

Downloaded
5.4 GB
Uploaded
3.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Audacity can't create smf it only makes midi
Format Factory can't create Midi file

Avid Pro Tools export midi files as .smf extension !
Can you sent me the link of the software?

Eminescu33

Downloaded
29.7 GB
Uploaded
8.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
You can use this link from here to try or search Google for "intelliScore Ensemble MP3 to MIDI Converter " (shareware).
Just remember, midi files it's not compressed music files, like mp3 or ac3, etc, it's a succession of musical notes, a sequence for each instrument in one track, so, more instruments detected at conversion means more tracks, up to 16 !
About Avid Pro Tools, make a search on torrents sites, external links are not allowed here !

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@billionto, all i could find was intelliScore version 6 full, so i saw convert mp3 to mid (not smf).
If it helps you let me know and I create a thread, something else I did not find.

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
I've used Windows Explorer "File Explorer" for many on my "re-naming" of music files... just a thought guys ;)

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
I've used Windows Explorer "File Explorer" for many on my "re-naming" of music files... just a thought guys ;)
Maybe I am misunderstanding the idea you are raising.
Changing the name or extension of a file is one thing, converting a file from one format to another is quite another.
Explain how you would convert one .mp3 file to another .smf file by renaming it. :think:

djblake

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
525.2 GB
Uploaded
162 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I personally use Xmedia Recode, a freeware program that does all my conversions.
Search for version 3.1.4.9 for full support of many audio files.
Hope this helps, have a great day.

Eminescu33

Downloaded
29.7 GB
Uploaded
8.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
@juanamm, if you want to create a thread for intelliScore version 6 full, I am really interested, it's a useful piece of software !
Thank you in advance !

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Let me make it simple for you @billionto.

One of the most accurate programs (as much as you can call this process accurate) to convert sound to midi is already in this site and is called It's too complicated for this post to tell you how to do the conversion so head to Youtube and search for Melodyne audio to midi. You will also see other software that does what you asked.

Having said that, don't expect miracles and not just from Melodyne but from any software. The process works mostly on single instrument songs, assuming they are not heavy on chords. Don't expect a lot from a full band/full instrument polyphonic songs like the songs we download as mp3 from youtube, etc. You will find out on your own either way. Your best bet is to search for the song(s) you want as midi files and chances are you will find them as there are a lot of HUGE libraries of midi files on the net.

Hope it helped.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@juanamm, if you want to create a thread for intelliScore version 6 full, I am really interested, it's a useful piece of software !
Thank you in advance !

thejr007

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
650.4 GB
Uploaded
762.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Let me make it simple for you @billionto.

One of the most accurate programs (as much as you can call this process accurate) to convert sound to midi is already in this site and is called It's too complicated for this post to tell you how to do the conversion so head to Youtube and search for Melodyne audio to midi. You will also see other software that does what you asked.

Having said that, don't expect miracles and not just from Melodyne but from any software. The process works mostly on single instrument songs, assuming they are not heavy on chords. Don't expect a lot from a full band/full instrument polyphonic songs like the songs we download as mp3 from youtube, etc. You will find out on your own either way. Your best bet is to search for the song(s) you want as midi files and chances are you will find them as there are a lot of HUGE libraries of midi files on the net.

Hope it helped.
Sage advice here, on point and certainly can attest to the suggestion of trying to actually find a midi elsewhere instead of trying to "convert" and/or make your own...

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@billionto, I think you have been offered various solutions and the limitations of them have been explained to you.
There are no magic tools to convert .mp3 to .smf.
Files in the SMF format contain audio data with effects, and this file format is integrated with technologies and functionalities similar to files with the MID extension.
SMF files can also contain different tracks combined from different audio tracks stored in multiple SMF files, which also means that files in the .smf format can be combined and converted to one audio track.
We await your response to end this thread.
P.S.
The presence of @DjNaToTheS is missed here, who is a music producer who could give us his point of view.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
@billionto, I think you have been offered various solutions and the limitations of them have been explained to you.
There are no magic tools to convert .mp3 to .smf.
Files in the SMF format contain audio data with effects, and this file format is integrated with technologies and functionalities similar to files with the MID extension.
SMF files can also contain different tracks combined from different audio tracks stored in multiple SMF files, which also means that files in the .smf format can be combined and converted to one audio track.
We await your response to end this thread.
P.S.
The presence of @DjNaToTheS is missed here, who is a music producer who could give us his point of view.

Just to correct something here for the people who read the thread, SMF format (Standart MIDI File) does not contain any audio data nor effects. Without going into detailed info (google is our friend for those who do need more info), It's just a timestamped collection of individual notes that the musician played on a digital instrument and those were recorded as keystrokes (or notes). In essence, it's like macro recording for musicians, it just records the keys that the musician pressed (note value, speed, pressure) as well as some other information related to tracks and instruments assigned, etc.

Because it only stores notes and not sounds that's what makes the conversion hard. Much like OCR, the program has to recognize the note played, based on the frequency of the audio file that we ask to be converted. When you have a polyphonic recording the frequencies of each instrument used, are mixed with the other instrument sounds and because of frequency merging, harmonics, and acoustic shadowing, it makes the separation and note recognition that much harder, as the software first has to understand which frequencies belong to which instrument (good luck with that), and then try to recognize which notes where used on said instrument. I've seen some experimental AI software still be in training mode but not any major breakthrough yet. To be clear here, not saying its impossible, some songs convert better than others and all have to do with how many instruments participate and how the mixing was done as well as some other factors.

The SMF file is synonymous to MID file format, it has 2 types (0 and 1), and its ONLY used to store notes and relative info that have been recorded from a digital instrument and nothing else, which is why they have such a small size.

Last edited:

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
Just to correct something here for the people who read the thread, SMF format (Standart MIDI File) does not contain any audio data nor effects. ...

It is not my intention to enter into technical discussions about this as it will not help the user, what I have published I have extracted from the ReviverSoft website.
As I have no specialization on this topic, I went to that website for information.
Perhaps you have a deeper specialization than this company, anyway I share the source of the information that I have just published, which is in Spanish but is easily
translatable.

If the information published by this company is not correct, I apologize.

SMF.png

Source: https://www.reviversoft.com/es/file-extensions/smf

I see that the author has liked you by sharing the info, but has not mentioned anything about his efforts to seek more information and be able to help himself.
Likewise, no one has provided specific software to perform the task.
I think it is time to close this thread, if any superior thinks otherwise it will open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.