Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How to disable Disabled firewall notification in Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hi,

I have searched the net but have not found useful results. On my Windows 10 Pro 64 21H2 installation (Original untouched ISO downloaded from MS using media creation tool) I have disabled Firewall and defender. Now every now and then Windows 10 pops up a notification in system tray that firewall is disabled, turn it on. This is frustrating. I have disabled notification sound but I have so far not found a way to disable that notification itself.

Does anyone know a way out? I do not want to install any other firewall at all.

Is there any hidden registry hack?

Thanks.

Phrankie

⚡OS Master
Uploader
Power User
Windows Modifier
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
339 GB
Uploaded
619.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
101 (100)
Member for 2 years
@ki_2004 I know 2 different ways of disabling notifications

First

When the notification pop up you can see on the right side of the pop up box like looks 3 dots just click on it and hit turn off all notification

Second

If the above method is not working then you can use startisback and configure it to disable notifications just search on google how to do it step by step

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Some points:
1. Unless you have a hardware firewall, or another PC acting as one, disabling the firewall is not a good idea, in case you didn't know.
2. Can you tell us what you have already tried (registry keys, group policies, etc) so people don't recommend those again?
3. If you have Windows update on, windows will reset basic settings after Critical Medicines installs (not all, most) but not sure cause you still have 21h2 as you say.

Besides the 2-3 ways I know, by googling it I found a few more, and I assume so did you. What went wrong when you tried?

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Thanks @Phrankie11 @Cyler
When I googled all posts indicated that it's not possible. There's no way to disable firewall notification!
I have permanently disabled Windows update, so that is not going to interfere in anyway.
I am using OpenShell 4.4 for classic Windows XP style start menu

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
That is very strange. When I googled this: Permanently disable notification that firewall is disabled for Windows 21h2 I got 27 000 results that include many different ways. Please try this search too, and perform one of the ways described (The first is from MS itself) and tell us if that worked for you.

QqRCsE.jpeg

Last edited:

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
54 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
262 (270)
Member for 7 years
@ki_2004 google dcontrol by sordum freeware to disable it...

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@Cyler - I understand you got 27000 results. I got 20200! But whatever I tried over past few weeks did not work
1. MS article - Select the Firewall & network protection is not available in my Windows 10 21H2
2. Communities efi dot com - Suggested option under security banner is not available in my Windows 10 21H2
3. I found yet another article on stackexchange that states to disable Firewall thru GPO. I did that Protect all Network connections - Disabled

The thing is no matter what I do the notification to turn on firewall comes back.
I remember one answer on superuser stated that it's not possible in Windows 10.

So far I have not found a sure-shot way. 20200 results are mostly irrelevant to my requirement. Many talk about how to disable firewall notification when rule is met but not that disabled notification itself. It keeps coming back every now and then.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Don't get me wrong, not being sarcastic. That is also why I asked you to tell us what you tried and what were the errors :)
If the firewall window is not available am I right to guess you disabled services and/or applied registry-group policy scripts? Used software that does something similar? For the Firewall and network window not to come up, it means services related to it have been disabled or even removed. If that is the case, it will make this harder.

Try this, please (unless you already did). Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications
and create or edit the keys below
NoToastApplicationNotification=dword:00000001
NoToastApplicationNotificationOnLockScreen=dword:00000001

Restart and tell me if that worked.

znop01

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
199.8 GB
Uploaded
793.4 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
@ki_2004, I'm quite confused here... I understand you want to get rid of the firewall notification and all but, is your firewall actually off? Did you turn it off intentionally and if so, why?

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Firewall is disabled, turn it on - This pop-up notification comes every now and then, only after you disable firewall. It's default setting in Windows 10.

A screenshot would have been worth a thousand words, but so far I have not been successful. It just pops up randomly and disappears randomly.

@Cyler - Thanks. Will try that setting and let you know if it worked.

EDIT

Finally I was able to get the screenshot.

Code:
https://lookimg.com/image/QqHXa8

PushNotifications key not available in my Regedit at the specified path.
Do I need to create one?

Edit :

It seems Windows does not allow turning that notification off. I just managed to click on settings just in time and you can see that both options to turn off notifications are disabled in there.

Code:
https://lookimg.com/image/QG2yqK

@Cyler - I created those registry entries. They were not present. It did not help. I have come to conclusion that MS has not provided any way to disable that notification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.