Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How To Create A Proxy Using A Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahrefsblogger

Downloaded
297.7 GB
Uploaded
6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hello

I have many relatives in my city who are using broadband. I want to know if there's any way I can create a proxy using their router and use that proxy on my laptop. >:)

I don't want to buy Raspberry as it will cost a lot more than the output. Is there any other way I can do that?
Is there any cheap or maybe free way to do that? :D

Regards

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
I dont think it can be done mainly because the modems/routers most people use are the ones that they get from their providers and those are locked (can't install apps) and very weak in hardware so even if you could install a proxy server it would cause issues (slow response and processing). If the modem can use OpenWrt OS, then you can install a proxy, otherwise probably not. This is as far as the hardware goes.

On the practical side and since you are not telling us the reason for doing this, you need to know that since most people use asymmetrical lines (the download is much greater than the upload) your connection speed will be way slower than you might think. If for example, they have 50/5 since they will "download" for you and then transmit it to your IP, you will be bound by their upload speed so you will surf the internet or download with 5 Mbits at best. If they happen to use their interest too for streaming, browsing, etc, your speed will be even lower, or you both will have lag issues since both of you use the very limited upload channel. And the more people that use the same modem, the worse it will be for all.

If you only do this to mask yourself for being "naughty", it won't be much of a protection since this will be easily discoverable. If you do this to use multiple modems at the same time... it won't work, you can only use one at a time/task and even then, the delay will be horrible. The only thing I can think of is to use several as a proxy chain but then your ping will skyrocket especially as those people use their internet too.

Most of the above apply also with using any mini PC as the upload channel is fixed.

Hope it helped.

ahrefsblogger

Downloaded
297.7 GB
Uploaded
6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I dont think it can be done mainly because the modems/routers most people use are the ones that they get from their providers and those are locked (can't install apps) and very weak in hardware so even if you could install a proxy server it would cause issues (slow response and processing). If the modem can use OpenWrt OS, then you can install a proxy, otherwise probably not. This is as far as the hardware goes.

On the practical side and since you are not telling us the reason for doing this, you need to know that since most people use asymmetrical lines (the download is much greater than the upload) your connection speed will be way slower than you might think. If for example, they have 50/5 since they will "download" for you and then transmit it to your IP, you will be bound by their upload speed so you will surf the internet or download with 5 Mbits at best. If they happen to use their interest too for streaming, browsing, etc, your speed will be even lower, or you both will have lag issues since both of you use the very limited upload channel. And the more people that use the same modem, the worse it will be for all.

If you only do this to mask yourself for being "naughty", it won't be much of a protection since this will be easily discoverable. If you do this to use multiple modems at the same time... it won't work, you can only use one at a time/task and even then, the delay will be horrible. The only thing I can think of is to use several as a proxy chain but then your ping will skyrocket especially as those people use their internet too.

Most of the above apply also with using any mini PC as the upload channel is fixed.

Hope it helped.

Aah, thank you so much for the detailed reply. Means a lot :h:
I just found out about OpenWrt OS, and I will definitely read more about it.

Actually, I want to do scraping and mass account creation, so I thought why not use my cousin's IP and some other relatives instead of buying :D
If nothing works, I will have to buy a residential proxy. They are quite expensive, so thought of giving this idea a try.

Regards

Cyler

šŸ¤“ Super Admin
āš”OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
In this case, I would just use a (free) VPN and keep changing servers/locations (ie IPs). You can use Psiphon free as it has no data caps but only 2 Mbs speed which is plenty for creating an account (a test will show more) or search in here for the version we have or other VPNs. Privado and Windscribe, each give 10 Gb free per month. Set 2 windows VMs one with each, and off you go. Many other solutions can be found by using google.

I think tho your original question has been answered and as such, we will close the thread. If there is a need for a follow-up, contact a mod/admin to reopen or make a new request.

Status
Not open for further replies.