Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked How can i access an ntfs c: drive after booting into dos from an msdos floppy disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaylok

Downloaded
14.8 GB
Uploaded
76.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
How can i access an ntfs c: drive after booting into dos from an msdos floppy disk?

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
364 (415)
Member for 9 years
I guess no one is using a floppy disk these days my friend, I can hardly remember the last time I saw one, never had used one.
Stay tuned thou someone "older" might help you here.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
To answer your question: Sysinternals has a utility called NTFSDOS, and it allows access to NTFS volumes from MS-DOS. The freeware version of NTFSDOS lets you read NTFS volumes but does not allow you to write to them and so you must have a second disk with fat32 (since you use dos) to copy whatever files you need. Google for Sysinternals NTFSDOS, download it, and run the exe from the floppy.

One issue you may run into tho is how are you going to see the disk from MS Dos in the first place, as I don't think that MS-Dos can access the newer Sata/nvme disks, etc and I can't really test it as I don't have a floppy on my PCs for the past 10 years or more. I am sure you must have your reasons for not using a USB thumb drive but I assume you know about bootable USBs and windows PE.

Either way, I wish you good luck with your task.

Last edited:

mafia1980

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
333.2 GB
Uploaded
5.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Depends which version of dos you're using, if you mean dos before windows 98, then they can only see up to fat32 partition. For ntfs, you can only use windows XP above I'm afraid. I think, only Diskpart on XP and later can manipulate ntfs.

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
Accessing an NTFS drive from MS-DOS can be tricky, as MS-DOS does not natively support the NTFS file system. However, there are a few third-party tools you can use to access an NTFS drive from DOS.

One popular tool is called NTFS4DOS, which allows you to read and write to NTFS partitions from DOS. Here are the steps to use it:

1. Download NTFS4DOS from a trusted source and copy the files to your MS-DOS floppy disk.
  2. Boot your computer from the MS-DOS floppy disk.
  3. Once you are at the DOS prompt, type "fdisk -l" to list the available drives and partitions.
  4. Note the drive letter of the NTFS partition you want to access (e.g., C: ).
  5. Type "ntfs4dos" followed by the drive letter and a colon (e.g., "ntfs4dos C:").
  6. You should now be able to access the files on the NTFS partition from the DOS prompt.
Keep in mind that NTFS4DOS is a third-party tool and may not work perfectly with all NTFS partitions. It's also important to be cautious when using it, as any modifications made to the NTFS partition could potentially cause data loss or corruption.

Blaylok

Downloaded
14.8 GB
Uploaded
76.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Especially to Shariful, I downloaded ntfs4dos and I have been successful in writing files to my ntfs c: drive from dos

Awesome!

Thank you so much 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.