Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Hotspot Connection on Dialup Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshawn

Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
9.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Hello!
I'm A User Of Latest Windows 10. But i'm Facing A Big Problem.
I Use Internet By Dialing up Ppoe Connection in My Windows 10.
When I Use A configured Internet connection by a router or modem i can use The Built in Hotspot of windows 10 But When
I use Dial Up Connection I can't Use The Hotspot.
How To get Rid of this.

It looks like This When i use dial up:

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Without being 100% sure and as per Microsoft's guidelines, you can ONLY have hotspot functionality in high-speed connections such as ethernet or WiFi and won't allow it over dialup connections. The reason is that for the hotspot to work you need a feature called "Wireless Hosted Network" something that an Ethernet or Wifi adapter can support but not a modem.

This feature has two major functions:
  1. The virtualization of a physical wireless adapter into more than one virtual wireless adapter sometimes referred to as Virtual Wi-Fi.
  2. A software-based wireless access point (AP) sometimes referred to as a SoftAP that uses a designated virtual wireless adapter.

The only possible solution I can think of is trying to find a software that can work with dialup --> hotspot like Connectify (google it). You will actually find several, give a try to their free versions till you find the one that works for you.

Hope it helped.

mdshawn

Downloaded
20 GB
Uploaded
9.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Without being 100% sure and as per Microsoft's guidelines, you can ONLY have hotspot functionality in high-speed connections such as ethernet or WiFi and won't allow it over dialup connections. The reason is that for the hotspot to work you need a feature called "Wireless Hosted Network" something that an Ethernet or Wifi adapter can support but not a modem.

This feature has two major functions:
  1. The virtualization of a physical wireless adapter into more than one virtual wireless adapter sometimes referred to as Virtual Wi-Fi.
  2. A software-based wireless access point (AP) sometimes referred to as a SoftAP that uses a designated virtual wireless adapter.

The only possible solution I can think of is trying to find a software that can work with dialup --> hotspot like Connectify (google it). You will actually find several, give a try to their free versions till you find the one that works for you.

Hope it helped.

But Sir..I'm Using A Cracked Version Of Connectify. It Has Also Aproblem. After 2minutes of connection it opens a lot of dialog box and said to me update in latest version with this function it disable internet to my android.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
âš¡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
...i can use The Built in Hotspot of windows 10...

In your original post, you mention the build-in function only and that is to what I answered.

After 2minutes of connection

That is a different kind of problem if you think about it. Just to make it clear. Windows natively don't support hotspot over dialup connections. Connectify probably does this by making a virtual network adapter that supports hosted networks and it hooks the modem to that virtual NIC.

Your issue with Connectify as it seems is that you need the full version of Connectify or a better cracked one. Unless I understood wrong, you said it works for 2 minutes and then it stops cause its asking to update/pay.

Maybe try firewalling Connectify so it won't call home and see that its cracked? find a better version? try a different program?

Sadly those are the options you have when it comes to modem and hotspot sharing.

apbgd

Downloaded
84 GB
Uploaded
601.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I`m not sure but i think this is a windows limitation, and you can`t hotspot a direct ppoe, try a cable from a router, or try to connect on your own smartphone hotspot and see if smth is changing, this setting is desactivated on some modded windows from there, be sure you have a normal one, and not modded.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
@mdshawn, unfortunately the Mobile hotspot function does not work with Dial-up connections in windows 10.

Then it indicates that it uses a cracked version of Connectify Hotspot and that the connection is cut in 2 minutes requesting an update.
I am not a Connectify user so I do not know if it works with dialup connections or not.
Question should be asked in the thread/place where you downloaded that software.
Here we can do nothing more.
We wait 48 hours for your kind response to close this thread.

juanamm

Uploader
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
5.7 GB
Uploaded
448.6 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
217 (223)
Member for 5 years
No activity, closed, locked and tagged completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.