Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tips & Tricks [Fix] Opera Linux - Fix Facebook and YT Movies / Netflix Playback

mobi0001

The Power Is Yours!!!
Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
62.3 GB
Uploaded
11.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
89 (104)
Member for 4 years
If you've ever used Opera on Linux, you'll notice that videos on facebook don't play at all. Same goes for playing DRM movies/shows through YouTube movies or Netflix.

The fix is to replace the libffmpeg.so library with one that actually works (supposedly Opera can't distribute it because of licensing or something dumb)
Code:
https://forums.opera.com/topic/30731/opera-can-t-play-videos-on-facebook/2

Anyhow, I've attached a proper libffmpeg.so file below (I ripped it from the discord app Discord on the 27/8/2021).
Now you'll need to replace the one in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/opera/"

Easiest way in my opinion is to open the file manager as root and just navigate to that path by hand.
To open the file manager as root on WINEdows and Xubuntu 20.04, you can open a terminal and type "sudo nautilus". Then replace the file easily with a copy paste.

If for whatever reason it doesn't work, you can try this command afterwards to change the read/execute permissions:
sudo chmod 755 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/opera/libffmpeg.so

N.B.:
I came across this fix on the KippyKip site while browsing for Winedows and I do not use Opera, F******k or even the shi**y NetF**x, so this is for those who does use them. In case you get a newer Discord, use that .so file, if you face any issues. Download the file from .
Also, the above is an exact copy from that post (link below)
Code:
https://kippykip.com/index.php?threads/fix-opera-linux-fix-facebook-and-yt-movies-netflix-playback.1668/

Last edited:

PsyTom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
502.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)