Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

fan speed is pulsating high speed to low speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
My Laptop vents is clean but its speed is pulsating high or medium to low speed
cpu temperature is normal
gpu temperature is normal

Ranger

FB COMMANDER
👑 Administrator
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
258.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
99 (102)
Member for 3 years
It's best to take it to a technician since it's a hardware issue...

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
It's normal when you use your laptop.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
259 (267)
Member for 7 years
what's your pc brand?? I pmed you a link to fan control software, try that!

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
what's your pc brand?? I pmed you a link to fan control software, try that!
sir its laptop lenovo y50-70 model old one

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
Laptops are not desktops. Since their fans are smaller, they run at higher speeds to control the heat. Noise/heat gets higher for many reasons:

* Your laptop may be clean on the outside, but it's different than the inside. Dust goes at the fans, reducing cool efficiency, and so the fans speed more to compensate. Also, the vents might be partially dusty and don't allow the full hot air that it gets generated to go out, so higher heat, higher fun noise/speed.
* Between the CPU fan and the CPU, a thermal paste was applied. That paste goes dry over the years. Can't say how many cause it depends on the paste quality, CPU use, and ambient temperatures. That paste needs to be reapplied.
* Software that controls the fans, bios, or windows. In bios, there should be settings that control the fan speed on average. Some show it as silent, medium, or fast, others as office/game/full but in general they set the fan profile which means what speed the fan is set at what temperature/CPU use. If you set it as silent, the fan will speed less and so less noise, but the CPU temps will go higher and you risk throttling. If you set it high, the CPU will be cooler and run faster, but lot more noise. Up to you on this one.
* Note that the same applies to the GPU in your case.

So in short, if you set your laptop to do tasks. fan noise will go up. If you set a better cooling profile, the noise will go up. If you have dust inside, the noise will go up. If it's ambient hot where you live, the noise will go up.

Solutions:
* You or a technician open the laptop, remove fans, re-apply thermal paste, and dust all the vents and fans very well with compressed air/paintbrush.
* Set the right profile knowing that you may overheat the CPU and so make it slower if you set it too low.
* Work in air-conditioned rooms if possible if it's hot.
* Dont set the laptop to do many things. Even things you don't imagine like re-encoding (that uses the GPU) can set the fans to go higher.

Hope it helped.

regzgsc

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
292.4 GB
Uploaded
2.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Laptops are not desktops. Since their fans are smaller, they run at higher speeds to control the heat. Noise/heat gets higher for many reasons:

* Your laptop may be clean on the outside, but it's different than the inside. Dust goes at the fans, reducing cool efficiency, and so the fans speed more to compensate. Also, the vents might be partially dusty and don't allow the full hot air that it gets generated to go out, so higher heat, higher fun noise/speed.
* Between the CPU fan and the CPU, a thermal paste was applied. That paste goes dry over the years. Can't say how many cause it depends on the paste quality, CPU use, and ambient temperatures. That paste needs to be reapplied.
* Software that controls the fans, bios, or windows. In bios, there should be settings that control the fan speed on average. Some show it as silent, medium, or fast, others as office/game/full but in general they set the fan profile which means what speed the fan is set at what temperature/CPU use. If you set it as silent, the fan will speed less and so less noise, but the CPU temps will go higher and you risk throttling. If you set it high, the CPU will be cooler and run faster, but lot more noise. Up to you on this one.

So in short, if you set your laptop to do tasks. fan noise will go up. If you set a better cooling profile, the noise will go up. If you have dust inside, the noise will go up. If it's ambient hot where you live, the noise will go up.

Solutions:
* You or a technician open the laptop, remove fans, re-apply thermal paste, and dust all the vents and fans very well with compressed air/paintbrush.
* Set the right profile knowing that you may overheat the CPU and so make it slower if you set it too low.
* Dont set the laptop to do many things. Even things you don't imagine like re-encoding (that uses the GPU) can set the fans to go higher.

Hope it helped.
This is a very informative solution for working with a laptop. Great tips.

Elzer

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
144.5 GB
Uploaded
3.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
33 (32)
Member for 7 years
If your fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, check the BIOS settings such as Fan Always On. If you don't have any fan speed settings in the BIOS, then maybe it's time to clean the laptop, that is, its cooling system, which includes replacing the thermal paste. It is necessary to check the real temperature of the main and graphics processor (CPU and GPU) with a program that can read the temperatures of the components, for example HWiNFO64. There are also some programs that would allow you to regulate the fan speed from within Windows, such as SpeedFan.

DGrigorescu

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
315.9 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
And of course check CPU usage (I think you already did this but...). If it's high when is idle you have a problem (software/Windows errors, viruses, intensive tasks that run in background not with low priority).

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years

Solutions:

Hope it helped.
* Sir apply the thermal paste 3 months ago after 6 years and clean the vent and fan * i set the profile to balanced mode and * due to the winter the room temperature is 10 degree Celsius * sir I just opened pdf in the still its fans making speed high to low in every three seconds for 20 minutes

If your fan is constantly spinning at maximum speed, check the BIOS settings such as Fan Always On. If you don't have any fan speed settings in the BIOS, then maybe it's time to clean the laptop, that is, its cooling system, which includes replacing the thermal paste. It is necessary to check the real temperature of the main and graphics processor (CPU and GPU) with a program that can read the temperatures of the components, for example HWiNFO64. There are also some programs that would allow you to regulate the fan speed from within Windows, such as SpeedFan.
sir its not spinning at maximum speed it has pulsating speed from high to low and low to high sir there is not bios option for fan sir the fan is pulsating but my cpu temperature is 42 degree Celsius and my gpu temperature is 40 degree Celsius using hw monitor pro

And of course check CPU usage (I think you already did this but...). If it's high when is idle you have a problem (software/Windows errors, viruses, intensive tasks that run in background not with low priority).

Sir this is my cpu usage

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
The fan voltage supply rail is faulty........chances are that its a bad filter capacitor which needs replacement.

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
The fan voltage supply rail is faulty........chances are that its a bad filter capacitor which needs replacement.
Now i am scared so i should go to service center :(

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
I see you have a 4th gen mobile i7. Activity isn't too bad for balanced mode. Do you have an app or some other temp monitoring application?
Despite your earlier statement of cleaning it and adding new thermal paste, I'd be interested in seeing the actual temps on the CPU. Did you adjust the performance settings of both your Intel and nVidia GPU's too?
Do realize they both use the same fan too. They could cause your fan to pulse high and low too when they are used.

Taurus

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
17.3 GB
Uploaded
401.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Now i am scared so i should go to service center :(
6+ years old, hardware problems happen. Better to get it done.

I had an old desktop, kept it running for 10 yrs only with repairs. I change all the filter capacitors in my SMPS every 3 yrs.

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I see you have a 4th gen mobile i7. Activity isn't too bad for balanced mode. Do you have an app or some other temp monitoring application?
Despite your earlier statement of cleaning it and adding new thermal paste, I'd be interested in seeing the actual temps on the CPU. Did you adjust the performance settings of both your Intel and nVidia GPU's too?
Do realize they both use the same fan too. They could cause your fan to pulse high and low too when they are used.
using hw monitor pro
my model back not my laptop image from google
i think it has two fans
i dont adjust any performance setting sir

s 6+ years old, hardware problems happen. Better to get it done.

I had an old desktop, kept it running for 10 yrs only with repairs. I change all the filter capacitors in my SMPS every 3 yrs.
i never repair my laptop i only upgrade my laptop by 8 gb ram to 16gb ram and change hdd to ssd and i am not expert in electronics so i think i go to service center

Last edited:

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
I can see from these images...

That your Intel GPU and i7 is running a bit on the warm side. I would take another look at your fan(s) and attached cooler again for anything that could obstruct air flow before taking it to have it checked.

Out of curiosity, has the fan(s) ever been replaced?

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
I can see from these images...

That your Intel GPU and i7 is running a bit on the warm side. I would take another look at your fan(s) and attached cooler again for anything that could obstruct air flow before taking it to have it checked.

Out of curiosity, has the fan(s) ever been replaced?
no sir nothing is replaced in my laptop since i bought the laptop i only change hdd to ssd and no component never repaired or changed

Dark Wolf

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Uploader
Windows Modifier
Downloaded
883.4 GB
Uploaded
43.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
47 (47)
Member for 1 years
no sir nothing is replaced in my laptop since i bought the laptop i only change hdd to ssd and no component never repaired or changed

I would suggest taking another look at what I referred to earlier. Your fans could also be nearing the end of their lives.

Side note: Some older laptops with dual GPU's (discrete and performance) and certain older intels are notorious for this. I once had a Toshiba with a similar 1st gen quad i7 that was always warm, and I ended up replacing it's fan twice in it's lifetime because the CPU and it's nVidia GPU wore them out.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 7 years
My opinion:
Run a bootable USB live Windows, like strelec, and leave it there for 20 min. Read a PDF or do whatever you would do on your normal system and see if the problem is still there.

* If yes, it's a hardware issue, and nothing much else we can do. It can be wrong bios settings, maybe faulty airflow (even if you cleaned it, it might have dust again or something else), or faulty fans.

* If no, either a software that you use or starts with Windows that makes the CPU peak every so often and makes the fans also speed up or some Windows or other app settings... It's also known to sometimes be related to hardware (like faulty disk, making Windows check the disk and so spike the CPU usage) or other external USB devices... or even a Windows or bios update... Sadly so many things it's impossible to cover all.

Either way, there is not much that can be done by a forum as it needs hands on your laptop, and from now on it's a lucky guess. Reading the logs, disabling startup software, and checking under what exact conditions the fans start making noise are what you need to do to isolate the issue.

Wish you the best of luck.

Thanosgone

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.1 TB
Uploaded
10.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
okay sir i try that @Cyler @Dark Wolf @Taurus @Elzer @regzgsc @DGrigorescu @Wichestery2k @choli THANKYOU for your help i think it is better to send it to service center and i am sorry i disturb you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.