Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Everything, even the hard disks broke when I installed windows - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello there. I am posting this as a last resort, for the past 3 days I have been searching on google, and on team-os, basically everywhere for solutions but I am still not able to make my computer work. I am typing this message from the browser that was included in a Gandalf PE think i downloaded and made bootable usb from (I have no clue how to start with Gandalf, I have tried some small things like trying to fix the ssd and hdd in my pc, to no avail.)

Let me start at the beginning; I installed a new Windows 10, compact from Nicky (Please note that I don't for a second think there was a problem with the OS, as I have downloaded and installed Windows from team-os before and never ever had a problem) Now when the Windows was finished with the download, I made a bootable USB with Rufus 3.11 - the specs was as follows: *Device: 8GB Sandisk Cruiser Blade USB stick *Boot Selection: Disk or ISO image * Image Option: Standard Windows Installation *Partition Scheme: GPT *Target System: UEFI (non CSM) *Format Options: File System: FAT-32.

Thereafter I intitialized the usb via the standard way of using the settings->recovery->restart->use device. System booted up and then a black EFI Shell screen came up, I did nothing inside this window, but after about a minute I rebooted via the button on my desktop (it never happened before so I had a fright) then the setup loaded and I selected my SSD drive as normal like i have always done. Setup finished and windows installed but I notices that my HDD was not there anymore (first time this happened) I tried to reinstall again but then the Recovery option dissappeared, it still installed but not correctly as there were options unavailable like to create recovery drive through the control panel was missing etc. I then used google to try fix the HDD and succeeded - I think i used the disk management utility that windows had. My HDD was showing again. Because the windows was making the errors I mentioned I then downloaded another Windows to try do a new install. I don't know if the settings were wrong on the usb I made again, but it did not work to install on my SSD - I selected format in the install window where you choose the disk to use, but then I got the error code of 0xE0000100 and after I searched for a fix I then tried to fix it with the command utility and diskpart.

It didnt work, and I rebooted the pc but got blue screens of death, with the given options esc for UEFI, F1 for recovery, F8 for startup settings, but only the Esc worked and because I do not have a monitor (I use a tv with standard resolutions 800x600 since my monitor broke and I can't afford another) I have very limited visibility in the UEFI, so did not mess around except for changing the boot select. To use usb. the error codes were : 0xC0000001, 0xC0000225, 0xC0000098, 0xC0000ba which after I searched i realised were boot errors. Boot manager problems but I don't know how to fix even though i have tried everything. I did what I could but I am still unable to get installation to work, if it does initiate then i get the install codes 0xC0000005 Verify installation source problem so I cant install windows.

I figured out that I can use recovery environment - I downloaded Gandalf PE but I think i should have gotten the Sergei one instead, created bootable usb and that is how i am writing now. I don't know where to even start to repair the disks or load drivers needed for windows installation success, please can anyone help me, I use the pc for work and it is my only form of income now because my husband can't yet return to his work due to my country still being in lockdown. Please if anyone can help me fix this I beg you.

herocws

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
296.7 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hardware failure the ssd you use i guess

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hardware failure the ssd you use i guess
Both the harddrives are reading and says healthy when i scanned them, could the scan be wrong? I hope not. Oh dear

herocws

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
296.7 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
one of these either your hdd/ssd failure or it's your motherboard had a problem (sata port)

try to change your psu if u have a backup unit to make sure the power to supply ssd/hdd enough and stabel

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
I dont have a extra unit unfortunately. What confuses me though is the fact that how can it be hard ware fails if the hardware is working fine and still reading as healthy, apparently boot sequencing problems can be repaired i just have no idea how. I am not that great with the technical stuff

spiky3mike

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
387.9 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Are you able to see the disks and do tests within the motherboard BIOS?

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Are you able to see the disks and do tests within the motherboard BIOS?
What kind of tests do you mean? But to answer the other part of your question , yes I am able to see them and everything

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
Honestly, I'd try one of two things. All the windows setup disks come with a repair your computer option on the installation screen. Shown below.

1. Try Startup Repair in the advanced options. If that doesn't work, in the advanced options go to command prompt and type the following:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

Exit and reboot.

2. Try reinstalling windows. It sounds like when you hit the reset button you interrupted something. Re format the drive and re install.

Cheers
Baronstragen

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Honestly, I'd try one of two things. All the windows setup disks come with a repair your computer option on the installation screen. Shown below.

1. Try Startup Repair in the advanced options. If that doesn't work, in the advanced options go to command prompt and type the following:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

Exit and reboot.

2. Try reinstalling windows. Re format the drive and re install.

Cheers
Baronstragen
Thank you for this. I don't find that option to Repair Computer unfortunately. on the installation window it is nowhere. Could the windows be faulty or maybe something i did wrong when putting it on the usb?

Baronstragen

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
87.6 GB
Uploaded
1.7 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
19 (20)
Member for 6 years
Thank you for this. I don't find that option to Repair Computer unfortunately. on the installation window it is nowhere. Could the windows be faulty or maybe something i did wrong when putting it on the usb?

It probably is the windows version. Maybe try another version of windows if you have one. I actually use the Windows 64 Ghost Spectre for recovery as the creator has built a lot of tools into the startup program.

ScreaminWeasel

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
830.4 GB
Uploaded
9.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Had same problem. Some windows do not like your hardware. Built a NEW system for grand nephew and windows would keep throwing up errors or not load. Changed power supply, then cpu and has worked right since, and these were all new parts, not used. So some times windows can get picky

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
It probably is the windows version. Maybe try another version of windows if you have one. I actually use the Windows 64 Ghost Spectre for recovery as the creator has built a lot of tools into the startup program.
I will get it now, thanks so much for the advice. I hope this will be the miracle I need!

Had same problem. Some windows do not like your hardware. Built a NEW system for grand nephew and windows would keep throwing up errors or not load. Changed power supply, then cpu and has worked right since, and these were all new parts, not used. So some times windows can get picky
oh wow. I do hope that it wont be necessary to replace a power supply or other hardware because of a picky windows :sweating: i haven't the means to do so. But I am definitely going to get another windows copy now. Thank you

spiky3mike

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
387.9 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
So when you do a fresh install are you removing the previous partitions?

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@spiky3mike you have normaly a option to make a choice where you install the windows version or you make a new partition or you install it to the same ^partion where you have installed the windows , in this case your windows will be overwrite :)

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
So when you do a fresh install are you removing the previous partitions?
I don't know, I probably should right? I am really not too clued up with it. I am struggling to make a boot disc with the other windows I downloaded now, could it possibly be because I am running a windows PE from another USB? I haven't been able to try install the ghost spectre Windows yet

@spiky3mike you have normaly a option to make a choice where you install the windows version or you make a new partition or you install it to the same ^partion where you have installed the windows , in this case your windows will be overwrite :)
The problem is though, that there is no WIndows on the drive. Not anymore

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@DemonQueen well then there is no problem ad all :)
just delete the hd partition make a new one and start over simple :)

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@DemonQueen well then there is no problem ad all :)
just delete the hd partition make a new one and start over simple :)
I did, and then I got the errors that say boot files are missing:( For all I know and with my luck it is my stupidity that caused everything to break

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
228.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@DemonQueen ok do you have another version from windows there ??
if the answer is yes then try that one :)
also make your partition MBR and NTFS then it will work :)

DemonQueen

Downloaded
28.1 GB
Uploaded
77.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@DemonQueen ok do you have another version from windows there ??
if the answer is yes then try that one :)
also make your partition MBR and NTFS then it will work :)
I cant make a bootable install diskk with Rufus, I am sure it is because of me running a Windows PE from another usb. It kept giving me the error that it was open in the "drive" that is the boot drive on the usb. I used multiboot from Yumi to create this Gandalf PE. My computer is running the windows PE environment , there is no OS on the system, its running from my USB..

Is it correct how i am doing the PE? I dont even really know, do I need to install this windows pe thing into my computer C drive? I am lost.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and to help. It means the world to me

ScreaminWeasel

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
830.4 GB
Uploaded
9.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
@DemonQueen. Could you give your computer specs so that people know just what you are working with. Might be a lot of help

Status
Not open for further replies.