Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tech News Edge: Microsoft has found a new way to discourage you if you dare to download Chrome with its browser

Some users are now asked by Microsoft to complete a questionnaire when trying to download Chrome with Edge. The Redmond firm thus seeks to find out what pushes people to abandon their browser, moreover with enough lucidity to include the most frequent complaints among the responses.

Microsoft-Edge.jpg

If Edge has largely repaired the shortcomings of its late predecessor Internet Explorer, it has not yet managed to get rid of the old joke that stuck to it. For many, the browser is primarily (and only) used to download Chrome. It must be said that the latter is installed by default – necessarily – on Windows PCs and that its rival is still the most popular browser in the world to this day. The calculation is fast.

Fast certainly, but still not acceptable for Microsoft. For years, the publisher has been putting more or less imposing obstacles in the way of users looking to download Chrome from Edge. Pop-ups, banners, barely disguised advertisements: the Redmond firm will stop at nothing to encourage Internet users to stay on its browser – or to discourage them from leaving, it depends. Now, a new string has been added to his bow: a questionnaire.

YOU WILL ANSWER THIS SHORT QUESTIONNAIRE BEFORE LEAVING EDGE
For several days now, a questionnaire has been displayed in the browser when trying to download Google Chrome. The latter aims to understand the reasons which push the user to turn to the competition. Microsoft even takes the liberty of offering some answers :
  • I can't easily search Google
  • I can't access my Google Docs
  • I don't have my favorites or passwords here
  • There are too many ads and pop-ups
  • I don't like the news feed
  • Edge is too slow
  • My websites don't work on Microsoft Edge
  • My reason is not listed
(CWL)

Ironically enough, Microsoft seems to be aware that its repeated advertisements and banners can be annoying. It therefore remains to be seen whether this questionnaire really serves the firm to better understand what pushes Internet users towards Chrome, rather than as a simple obstacle to the transition. In any case, let's hope that the answers, especially if they concern advertising, will hit the mark.

Greetings !!!

DAMAGED GOODS

Downloaded
13 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
Thanks for the information. Microsoft has always been on a power trip to become the top dog. I's not happening