Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Downloading Torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wukong

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
23.5 GB
Uploaded
8.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello everyone. I need help downloading torrents, I use Seedbox, Some torrents are visible to me that I download and some are not, why does it happen? And they are neatly displayed on Seedbox to be shared with others. And on my account, The Teamos aren't visible. What do I need to do to be visible on Teamos so that I count the upload?

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
I assume that the first image shows the files that are seeding from your seedbox. NONE of your inactive TeamOS torrents are in that image. So if they were on the seedbox then they are not there now.

Have you deleted the files from your seedbox?
Does your seedbox automatically delete files after a period of time?
Does your seedbox automatically delete files if you try to store too much data on it?
Does your seedbox limit the maximum time that it will seed a torrent?

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Well, there's nothing you can do really as this is the issue with the seedbox you are using (and many seedboxes). Let me explain while trying to avoid being too technical.

A seedbox is actually a large file server that supports many users and runs a torrent client (in the case of Debrid, its Transmission) for each one. The SysAdmins of those servers, know that a lot of users will often download the same file and most likely from the same source/site. As an example, let's say that there is a new Windows from Team OS that is 10 GB in size and 100 users of the Debrid want that torrent. The Seedbox has to download 100 copies X 10GB = 1 Terabyte in total size and traffic. As you can see it's not very practical and a waste of bandwidth and space since it's the exact same file, downloaded and stored 100 times.

So what servers do is make use of a technique called Data Deduplication in one of its forms. When a server uses such a process it makes sure that when 2 or more users download/store the same file, the storage keeps actually one copy stored and uses a link to the said file for each other user that needs it. In the above example, the server will only store the file for the first user that will ask it, and download a total of 10 GB and not 1 Terabyte, saving 99% in bandwidth, time, and space. The more users that download the same file, the higher is the cost-saving for the server.

The negative part is... only the first person that asked to download the torrent, will actually be a seeder. The rest can still download the file to their seedbox and PC but can not become seeders as they are actually using the 1st downloader files. That's why even tho you have some torrents that appear as seeding on seedbox, they won't show up on the tracker list in our site, cause the tracker sees them as used by another member that made a request before you and doesn't give you or anyone else credit.

Sadly there is no way around it unless you download that torrent from the seedbox, and seed it for yourself from your own PC (or maybe another seedbox?) or Debrid changes the way they seed.

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
Well, there's nothing you can do really as this is the issue with the seedbox you are using (and many seedboxes). Let me explain while trying to avoid being too technical.

A seedbox is actually a large file server that supports many users and runs a torrent client (in the case of Debrid, its Transmission) for each one. The SysAdmins of those servers, know that a lot of users will often download the same file and most likely from the same source/site. As an example, let's say that there is a new Windows from Team OS that is 10 GB in size and 100 users of the Debrid want that torrent. The Seedbox has to download 100 copies X 10GB = 1 Terabyte in total size and traffic. As you can see it's not very practical and a waste of bandwidth and space since it's the exact same file, downloaded and stored 100 times.

So what servers do is make use of a technique called Data Deduplication in one of its forms. When a server uses such a process it makes sure that when 2 or more users download/store the same file, the storage keeps actually one copy stored and uses a link to the said file for each other user that needs it. In the above example, the server will only store the file for the first user that will ask it, and download a total of 10 GB and not 1 Terabyte, saving 99% in bandwidth, time, and space. The more users use that download the same file, the higher is the cost-saving for the server.

The negative part is... only the first person that asked to download the torrent, will actually be a seeder. The rest can still download the file to their seedbox and PC but can not become seeders as they are actually using the 1st downloader files. That's why tho you have some torrents that appear as seeding on seedbox, but they won't show up on the tracker list in our site, cause the tracker sees them as used by another member that made a request before you and doesn't give you or anyone else credit.

Sadly there is no way around it unless you download that torrent from the seedbox, and seed it for yourself from your own PC (or maybe another seedbox?).

Hope it helped.
Does this mean that the download only appears on the account of the first downloader and everyone else gets the download for free, ie it does not appear on their download stats?

Wukong

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
23.5 GB
Uploaded
8.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years

So what servers do is make use of a technique called Data Deduplication in one of its forms. When a server uses such a process it makes sure that when 2 or more users download/store the same file, the storage keeps actually one copy stored and uses a link to the said file for each other user that needs it. In the above example, the server will only store the file for the first user that will ask it, and download a total of 10 GB and not 1 Terabyte, saving 99% in bandwidth, time, and space. The more users use that download the same file, the higher is the cost-saving for the server.

The negative part is... only the first person that asked to download the torrent, will actually be a seeder. The rest can still download the file to their seedbox and PC but can not become seeders as they are actually using the 1st downloader files. That's why even tho you have some torrents that appear as seeding on seedbox, they won't show up on the tracker list in our site, cause the tracker sees them as used by another member that made a request before you and doesn't give you or anyone else credit.

Sadly there is no way around it unless you download that torrent from the seedbox, and seed it for yourself from your own PC (or maybe another seedbox?) or Debrid changes the way they seed.

Hope it helped.
Thank you, Super Answer
Does this mean that the download only appears on the account of the first downloader and everyone else gets the download for free, ie it does not appear on their download stats?
I noticed that a couple of times, something I downloaded that didn't count towards my account.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
On Debrid site it will show that you download/seed, on the tracker it won't appear at all.

You can see it for yourself if you like.
Go to this thread and download the torrent and use Debrid. You will get the file instantly, due to the deduplication, it will show that you are seeding it, but it won't appear on the tracker list on our site as seeding... because I downloaded it 1st.

I guess there is nothing more to add (if there is feel free to PM me @Charlie_Grimes) so the thread is closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.