Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Downloaded The Torrent File But Not Downloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Hello,

May I ask you? I downloaded the torrent file from this link:

But I didn't download it [as far as I remember] and deleted the file from my torrent client.

Now when I look at The Torrent Leech section:
it shows I'm leeching the torrent whereas the fact is I didn't even download it.

Would I Hit and Run or is everything okay?

Thanks in advance

vdogeek

🤴 Super Admin
Uploader
Downloaded
93.5 GB
Uploaded
56.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1199 (1205)
Member for 9 years
As far as I see... you are still leeching that file... once downloaded simply seed it back

Last edited by a moderator:

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
As far as I see... you are still leeching that file... once downloaded simply seed it back

This is what the issue is.
As I explained earlier I did download the Torrent File but after adding that torrent file to torrent client I immediately deleted that and by that time download wasn't started so under leeching section it should not be displayed. I guess its a bug or error at your side.

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
2. May I ask you another question over here rather creating a new Thread?

I am downloading this torrent:

and my net was getting disconnected a few times and the last time I got the net connection online, then the torrent didn't start and gave this error:

"N/A access denied, peers limit reached"

error.png

choli

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
2.4 GB
Uploaded
542.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
This is what the issue is.
As I explained earlier I did download the Torrent File but after adding that torrent file to torrent client I immediately deleted that and by that time download wasn't started so under leeching section it should not be displayed. I guess its a bug or error at your side.

Which one did you removed?
The .torrent or the files from your storage?

2. May I ask you another question over here rather creating a new Thread?

I am downloading this torrent:

and my net was getting disconnected a few times and the last time I got the net connection online, then the torrent didn't start and gave this error:

"N/A access denied, peers limit reached"

Possibly someone use your PID.
CMIIW.

My advice: reset your PID.

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.6 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
259 (267)
Member for 7 years
once you add the torrent to the torrent client, it will register with your profile here and you have to seed the 72 hours!

Chuck

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
300.6 GB
Uploaded
2.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
24 (26)
Member for 5 years
@aiOrigins

A torrent is flagged as leeching when a torrent client indicates to the tracker that it wants to download. If your torrent was in your client and running for just a second then that would be long enough for it to be flagged as leeching, even if no data was actually downloaded.

What you saw sounds like normal tracker operation to me, not a bug.

Staff can't tinker with the internal workings of the tracker and its logs so the torrent is in your torrent list forever. Download it if you want it or just forget about it. If you don't want it, you need not worry about hit & run. Hit & run only applies to fully downloaded torrent.

I think that wraps things up. Let us us know if you are happy with my answer so that we can mark this thread as completed.

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Which one did you removed?
The .torrent or the files from your storage?

Possibly someone use your PID.
CMIIW.

My advice: reset your PID.
1. Both, I removed the torrent listed in the torrent client , as I found it wasn't needed.
By that time torrent wasn't started.

Today itself I again added the same torrent and downloaded a few mb's so that I don't get hit and run.

2. I don't know how to reset the PID.
but my guess is its not possible because I'm the only one who uses my computer.

aiOrigins

Downloaded
12.7 GB
Uploaded
25.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@aiOrigins

A torrent is flagged as leeching when a torrent client indicates to the tracker that it wants to download. If your torrent was in your client and running for just a second then that would be long enough for it to be flagged as leeching, even if no data was actually downloaded.

What you saw sounds like normal tracker operation to me, not a bug.

Staff can't tinker with the internal workings of the tracker and its logs so the torrent is in your torrent list forever. Download it if you want it or just forget about it. If you don't want it, you need not worry about hit & run. Hit & run only applies to fully downloaded torrent.

I think that wraps things up. Let us us know if you are happy with my answer so that we can mark this thread as completed.

[FYI: Just before replying you I added the same torrent:
Windows 10 Professional 22H2 19045.3996 EN-US X64 Pre-activated -=TeamOS=-

and downloaded a few mb's for saver side as its was listed in Leeching section.]

@Chuck I'm sincerely grateful to you for your in-depth and to the point answer. You covered exactly what I was looking for in the answer and it forsure resolved the issue, you can close the ticket. I bookmarked it, very helpful.
Thank you so much 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.