Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked Call to smart VPN and hackers out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikko666

Downloaded
40.9 GB
Uploaded
95.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I have an issue with one website Linked removed by mod as per rules
This website is able to detect my VPN regardless of what solution I am using.
It is frustrating, because that means that all VPN are leaking the information that you are using a VPN, which is concerning.
I don't know how this webmaster is doing to detect VPN use, probably blocklists?

Is there anyone knowing a solution to bypass this protection?

lunchtime

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
934.6 GB
Uploaded
43.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
If the webmaster is blocking known VPNs, then there's nothing you can do about it since the control is on the webmaster's side lol. They can just have a simple cron job that curls a list of IP ranges of known VPNs daily and automatically update their access control. How are you going to bypass that?
You can try a proxy instead of a vpn, or tor, or i2p instead and see if the site has blocked that. Typically if they're already blocking VPNs though, they'll also be blocking known public proxies too. If the other options don't work, you're simply at their mercy.

When in doubt, Just raw dog it.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
What you are asking doesn't make sense. VPN's job is to hide your IP and not to mask that you use a VPN.

In order for a VPN to hide your IP, it places a server that accepts your requests as a middle man and fetches the data you asked and so it shows that server's IP. Of course, that middleman server is not used exclusively by you but it's shared among several people that use the same VPN platform, and that's how VPN's drive the cost down. For a VPN to do that, they have to use a data center of some kind, and so all an admin has to do is track/blacklist the data center IP's or check for common IP usage, etc. Keep in mind that Datacenters themselves often show what they are. Of course, I'm not going to go into details on how this is done cause we use similar "ways" to detect frauds, but the above is basic level networking knowledge.

That is not called "leaking information" and for sure is not concerning. It's called extrapolation. If you send a letter to a friend to send it to me, I will see your name on the letter but I will see his address on the envelope. It doesn't take a genius to figure, that you used someone else to hide your real address, but it doesn't mean that your friend betrayed you.

There are ways to minimize that effect but can't really make it 100% disappear. If you want increased "anonymity", rent your own VPS and set up your own personal VPN server on it. Lots of ways and guides out there on how to do this but we won't cover this here as it will make this post a small encyclopedia in size.

Hope it helped.

Nikko666

Downloaded
40.9 GB
Uploaded
95.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for these info.

If anyone can know when a VPN is in use, then banks can know, Paypal can know, Microsoft too and government can know too.
Browsing anonymously is then a myth. And using a VPN could tag you as suspicious rather than protect you.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for these info.

If anyone can know when a VPN is in use, then banks can know, Paypal can know, Microsoft too and government can know too.
Browsing anonymously is then a myth. And using a VPN could tag you as suspicious rather than protect you.
I think you are exaggerating a bit. What is the real "harm" if they know you use a VPN? Microsoft doesn't need a VPN to know who you are, they know by your login account and so are many other companies. Where you log from it's irrelevant to them.

Just so you know, there are cases that not knowing that a VPN is used can be actually harmful to you or to how a site works and that's why some sites need to know. For example and not to be taken literally, if I attempt to log into your account from a different country, PayPal or your bank will block that attempt and notify you that someone is trying to log in, that is not you. If I use a VPN tho and pretend I'm from your country/region, I will bypass one of the safeguard layers easier.

VPNs are meant to hide your private IP and ISP from others and hide your traffic requests from the ISP and that is the important thing. If the sites know you use VPN apart from being annoying to you in this particular case, is really irrelevant. What you ask can't be really done due to how the internet works internally and not for lack of technical capabilities. Some things can't be avoided. Again, as I told you, you can use a Private Virtual Server with your own VPN service running. That will increase your anonymity level, not by much but the placebo effect can do wonders :p

Last edited:

Loveena

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
12.6 GB
Uploaded
8.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Again, as I told you, you can use a Private Virtual Server with your own VPN service running.
Thanks @Cyler ,
Hope, in near future, you will gift us a tutorial on the subject quoted above. Of course there are materials plenty on the net, but we prefer your lucid, simple, straight to the point lecture. Thanks n the best.

SiteWizard

Uploader
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
224.8 GB
Uploaded
31.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
12 (12)
Member for 9 years
@Nikko666 yeah they all see that when you use a vpn :)
even your isp see wat you are downloading ...
forget it when there is standing that you can hidde every thing from your isp when you use a vpn program (lol)
you only hidde your ip for the sites you go , but never from your isp :)

mihawk86

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
226.9 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Thanks for these info.

you are calling organizations that wants to know the real you for security purposes, obviously they will unmask everyone who wants to get inside. It seems like you are the one who wants to compromise safety.

Skip1

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
117.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
26 (23)
Member for 6 years
Thanks @Cyler ,
Hope, in near future, you will gift us a tutorial on the subject quoted above. Of course there are materials plenty on the net, but we prefer your lucid, simple, straight to the point lecture. Thanks n the best.
This can give you an idea and simple setup to look at how VPN on VPS can be deployed https://github.com/StreisandEffect/streisand

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
40.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I think you are exaggerating a bit. What is the real "harm" if they know you use a VPN? Microsoft doesn't need a VPN to know who you are, they know by your login account and so are many other companies. Where you log from it's irrelevant to them.

Just so you know, there are cases that not knowing that a VPN is used can be actually harmful to you or to how a site works and that's why some sites need to know. For example and not to be taken literally, if I attempt to log into your account from a different country, PayPal or your bank will block that attempt and notify you that someone is trying to log in, that is not you. If I use a VPN tho and pretend I'm from your country/region, I will bypass one of the safeguard layers easier.

VPNs are meant to hide your private IP and ISP from others and hide your traffic requests from the ISP and that is the important thing. If the sites know you use VPN apart from being annoying to you in this particular case, is really irrelevant. What you ask can't be really done due to how the internet works internally and not for lack of technical capabilities. Some things can't be avoided. Again, as I told you, you can use a Private Virtual Server with your own VPN service running. That will increase your anonymity level, not by much but the placebo effect can do wonders :p

:hi: You just explained it in a way even I understand. I have had some confusion on how VPN
really works, thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.