Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked BSOD ntosklnr.exe MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen1337

Downloaded
40.8 GB
Uploaded
7.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hello guys. I haven't found any help so I wanted to ask best site for any advice hahah So let me be clear. I'm doing now memtestx86 from BIOS. I got 1 pass with no errors. I have 3 RAM sticks with 1333 MHz and one with 1600 MHz. Never had before problems, but it started out when I tried By Nicky OSes. Like, they were so lite and bloatwareless when I installed them, but BSODs, they were fast af thats why I began to be worried. But now, even with 8.1 original ISO from Microsoft, Im getting BSOD. Not so usual, but like, it will happen every week at startup. I have memorydump. I found solution MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntosklnr.exe. Im using Nvidia drivers that came with update. 388.13 for gtx 1050. Like, never had problems with them. My HDD is IDE. I asked if it was on AHCI mode, bcz I heard it would cause problems, but not. Is RAM problem, I mean that one stick? Because it will slow down that faster slot and make it equal to others. I can't also find proper OS without BSODs thats like lite. I mean I could download original win 10 but as you know, its full of bloatware. Why on every Nicky OS I had BSOD and others not? They've used it like for weeks and me after 3 days, panicking. What would cause the problem?

E: I found just that 1 ram stick has no name. Should I remove it? Its 1333 mhz

Last edited:

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,590.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Why You do not try memory check module by module!
Major problem for memory is Unpaired memory, so in first slot try to put Your lover speed memory module/dimm/stick WE! Then test again!
I do not think that problem is disk or VGA, just unpaired memory sticks. Had similar situations zillion time ...

Think this way....If I put fastest module in "0" slot, all memory shall try to "work" on speed which first dimm said to motherboard that can run...but 2. 3. and 4. can`t
Also, it can be possible that one off dimms have malfunction, which freeze motherboard at first place

Last edited:

Alen1337

Downloaded
40.8 GB
Uploaded
7.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Why You do not try memory check module by module!
Major problem for memory is Unpaired memory, so in first slot try to put Your lover speed memory module/dimm/stick WE! Then test again!
I do not think that problem is disk or VGA, just unpaired memory sticks. Had similar situations zillion time ...
So if I do that, could I use any OS without BSOD?

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,590.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
My opinion that You have problematic one of Your memory modules, First check which one cause problem!
Then try to mix them up but as I said , put in "0" slot memory which was with lowest speed and test it again.
Best thing will be to find all mem-modules of same type and speed, but i think this is not a case, so spend some times on testing

And Yes, I suppose , when You find several modules that pass test, Your sistem shall work wihout BSOD

Alen1337

Downloaded
40.8 GB
Uploaded
7.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
My opinion that You have problematic one of Your memory modules, First check which one cause problem!
Then try to mix them up but as I said , put in "0" slot memory which was with lowest speed and test it again.
Best thing will be to find all mem-modules of same type and speed, but i think this is not a case, so spend some times on testing

And Yes, I suppose , when You find several modules that pass test, Your sistem shall work wihout BSOD
I put 1600 mhz in first slot, blue one, second slot had 1333 mhz white and I skipped one Ive used for 2gb (noname) and maybe that module didnt work, blue one, and last one got 1333 mhz white too. I hope this works. Thank you again.

fantom

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.3 TB
Uploaded
1,590.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
You always have numbers on motherboard, just in line with slots.... first one is numbered as "0" second "1' ....
In first one put 1.333 and in third one too /I believe it is also blue as first one/, and do full memory test
after success, that "no name" module put in white slot and do full test again

however, if any of mem-modules have some internal damage/malfunction just give it someone else.maybe other person/computer shall have better luck

Last edited:

peter pete

Downloaded
59.8 GB
Uploaded
313.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
i had this problem before in my h61m motherboard which is old since i swapped with 2 memory sticks which had no error one was 1800mhz hyperx 8gb other was 1333mhz hynix things were working fine but one day it started to go awry i mean logically the ram with lower mhz will downgrade the higher one but there are other impacts as well my hyperx survived but the other hynix just went out i mean like constant reboots need to reeboot 5 or 6 times and usually gets stuck in hihg demanding games games.
2nd since it's bloatware less os sfc scan would still show corrupt files i would suggest you to clean install os and use a ssd .my harddisk 1tb is still good its almost 8yrs but for some reasons windows 10 loaded as primary in it would lag the hell out.

Alessia_Amelia

Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
1.7 TB
Uploaded
51.3 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
With this solution you're discussing, you could also increase your Virtual RAM and disable fast startup once you've identified your possible faulty memory stick. Unless you've done that already. Just a thought.
NOTE:
This might help identify your possible bad memory stick you've been trying to isolate:
1. Memory test needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
2. If errors show up you can stop the test, which happened already. Remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
This should help identify the faulty RAM. :)

Last edited:

Jerry_Xristos

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
195.6 GB
Uploaded
67.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
367 (419)
Member for 9 years