Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Locked A ditto alternative to google chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The OMG Guy

Downloaded
1.6 GB
Uploaded
5.4 GB
Ratio
Hi, want to avoid google chrome for obvious reasons. But I got some bookmarks and extensions that are only available in chrome so what are my other options? Dont say Edge coz you know its another privacy hogger MS :p

Is chromium open source or it also sends data like google chrome? I want to use the same chrome extensions and import the browsers, so which one?

HappyCroc81

Verified Member
Downloaded
18.9 GB
Uploaded
3.5 TB
Ratio
Edge chromium is good , try using less extension in chrome for less ram usage , above both worked for me.

Cyler

Super Moderator
Downloaded
31.9 GB
Uploaded
10.7 TB
Ratio
/trolling: on

If you want 100% security, run the LINKS text-based browser (google page above) using the Linux subsystem or even better any Linux OS.
/trolling: off

On a serious note tho, we should stop getting borderline paranoid about data collection, etc. Most of it happens from the website's side and not the user side anyway.
Chromium, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Brave, etc, those are all the same browser essentially as they are all based on chromium project.

If you actually research it, the most risk for data collection comes from extensions and actually from apps like VPNs, etc, so dont worry much and get whichever browser you like with an ad-blocker and a javascript blocker and as @HappyCroc81 said, don't over do it with extensions.

Last edited:

HappyCroc81

Verified Member
Downloaded
18.9 GB
Uploaded
3.5 TB
Ratio
@Cyler , @SiteWizard , @Astro , @mkrleza , @The OMG Guy
I have tried BRAVE browser also, its good . while other browsers claim to have a “private mode,” but this only hides your history from others using your browser. Brave lets you use Tor right in a tab (available for pc version, will come soon to cell phone version also)
not much familiar about firefox/vivaldi
i am reviewing chrome because i use it as default browser for last 10 years, may be habitual to use chrome.

onepic

Downloaded
6.7 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Best alternative to Google Chrome is Microsoft Edge Chromium (far better and stable than chrome) or Mozilla Firefox.

mkrleza

Si non confectus, non reficiat
Uploader
Verified Member
Downloaded
226.5 GB
Uploaded
26.8 TB
Ratio
Brave Browser Hands down !!!
Based on Chromium, has in-built privacy protection, hogs less RAM than Chrome (personal experience) and has built-in TOR functionality.
How to spend most memory out of the 32 GB RAM system?
Simple, open 5 Chrome tabs...

vdogeek

Super Moderator
Downloaded
58.1 GB
Uploaded
20.9 TB
Ratio
Export your Bookmarks... then get any other Browser... and import said bookmarks... Pick one... this is now chit chat.... closed and locked.

Astro

Weatherman
Super Moderator
Downloaded
155.6 GB
Uploaded
816.3 GB
Ratio
Brave Browser Hands down !!!
Based on Chromium, has in-built privacy protection, hogs less RAM than Chrome (personal experience) and has built-in TOR functionality.
But does it completely sync with all stored Chrome passwords and bookmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.