- 51.6 GB
- 11.8 TB
ToonTrack EZdrummer is a versatile and functional-looking Virtual Studio Technology (VST) instrument that users can use to play drums directly on its computer, or to create and edit drum patterns, either as a plugin for DAW or as a standalone program. Ideally, the user will use it as a plugin for DAW (digital audio workstation), adding the instrument's sounds to a broader musical production project. However, EZdrummer even has some excellent standalone features that help the user produce bits of music even without a DAW.
First off, the photorealistic drum rack looks great, and it is easily customizable. Left-clicking on any drum will play it, while right-clicking will allow a user to change the actual instrument that is played, but also its pitch, volume, and velocity. Apart from the kick drum, the snare, the hi-hats, cymbals, and toms that are part of a drum track, a user also get to play tambourines, shakers, claps, and a cowbell.
Pressing record in the interface and trying to click the drums one by one with the mouse will not result in anything even remotely similar to music. User will be taken to a new window with customized drum rack, where will be able to hear a metronome and still be able to click the drums and play them; only this time the program will record one drum pattern and keep looping it while the user plays another drum, and another, and another.
This would be an excellent time to add that the program comes with a library of prerecorded MIDI drum sets that users can use to create their songs. Also, the pattern that the user record during "Tap 2 Find" session also gets recorded as a MIDI. It would be overkill to write about all the EZdrummer's functions in just one review. The user probably would not be able to produce whole songs only by using this VST (unless want to make a drum-only song). Still, if a user wants natural sounding drum patterns in its production, then this is a plugin that should consider.
- Tap or record rhythm to find a matching groove, search by filters or browse the traditional way;
- Perfect marriage of sound, form, and function;
- Use the Power Hand to instantaneously change the leading instrument or the Amount or Velocity knobs to control the complexity and velocity in a selected groove;
- The best music software for DJs, Music Makers, Studios in addition to Music creators;
- Go from initial rhythmic idea to finished, mixed and customized drum track without ever leaving the program;
- Intuitive user workflow interface;
- Intuitive and creatively gratifying software environment for drum production;
- Works easier, faster, and also intuitive.
What is new in version 2.1.8 (Released on December 10, 2019):
- EZdrummer 2.1.8 is now available to download using the Product Manager or from the "My Products" area in the user Toontrack account. The release includes improvements and important fixes listed below. Note that EZdrummer 2.1.8 is required for EZX expansion packs released from this point forward (Q4 2018).
- Aftertouch is now preserved when user record or import MIDI;
- Hi-hat CC is no longer converted to notes when recording;
- Aftertouch and CC can now be removed from song blocks using the right-click Remove Notes menu.
- Certain effect knobs in several EZXs did not work as intended (in version 2.1.7 only);
- When starting the standalone on MacOS X Snow Leopard, if the previously used audio device could not be opened, the error dialog for that was not possible to close;
- The effect library has been updated with fixes for some potential crashes.
OS: Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 (both 32 & 64-bit);
CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon processor;
RAM: 2 GB;
HDD: 4 GB hard disk space.
1. Extract and run the executable file;
Virus free! No virus signature! 100% clean!
All credits go to Team VR, who made and shared the preactivated version with us!
File: Toontrack EZdrummer v2.1.8 CE.exe
in collaboration with TeamOS
Download links - version 2.1.8 (Size: 50.47 MB):