- 51.6 GB
- 11.8 TB
Windows Defender is a piece of software that runs in the background to help protect user computer from malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Some spyware protection is better than none, but if users are already running something that provides great anti-malware protection, the defender will probably wasting precious resources, and there is no need to have more than one application running at a time.
The problem with all Defender versions in Windows Vista and above is it’s integrated into the operating system and installs by default with no visible or hidden option to uninstall. Many people are looking for ways to disable or remove it from their system as they prefer to use other software, for example on Windows 8 and 10 users cannot turn off Windows Defender completely anymore, A click on Settings in Windows Defender opens the control panel for the program in the new Windows Settings application. A user can turn the program’s real-time protection off temporarily, but if it’s off for a while Windows will turn it back on automatically. It is unclear why Microsoft made the decision to change the behavior of Windows Defender in this regard. What is certain however is that it will annoy users who want to disable it permanently on the computer they are working on. Defender Control is a small Portable freeware which will allow a user to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 completely.
Why should the user use it:
1. During copying big data from PC to USB or vice versa, a disabling defender can decrease the Total Copy time;
2. Users may experience conflicts between Defender and their antivirus application;
3. Some antivirus programs ask the user to manually turn off or disable Windows Defender in Windows 10;
4. If user has got it enabled, chances are Windows Defender will start each time user boot PC. If a user is short on resources, have own methods of dealing with spyware or have simply come to the conclusion that Windows Defender is not for him then a user might want to disable it.
- Fixed - Launch button does not work on Windows 10 1809 (compatible with the newest build);
- Added - Language support (English, Turkish, German, Russian, French, Korean, Chinese (Traditional), Italian, Slovenian).
How to use Defender control:
1. Download, unzip and run Defender control as Administrator;
2. Green - Windows Defender is running;
3. Red - Windows Defender is turned off;
4. Orange – Windows Defender cannot be started over Real-Time protection is turned off.
To Disable or Enable Windows Defender please click the appropriate button, a user can also Launch Windows Defender or Windows Defender settings (Under the menu button) with one click. Defender Control has CMD (command line) support.
NOTE: Sometimes program may need to wait 3-5 second to turn Windows Defender on or off and a user may see the Orange interface during this period.
Supported Operating Systems:
OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit);
Virus free! No virus signature! 100% clean!
Virus Total: 0/70
in collaboration with TeamOS ?
Download links (Size: 771.97 KB):